After the long wait

New Beginning

Jonghun's POV:

Everything was happening so fast, it was so hard keeping up. The next thing I knew, we were running away from the guards and almost reached the exit without getting caught until I saw the most unexpected thing in the world that could come up at that moment. "Appa?" I halted in confusion. I can feel Taera tugging my hand and got confused as well with my sudden stop but again, my eyes were glued at my father.

"Jonghun!" Taera had to shout at me before I was able to gather my senses again and looked behind us, the guards were stopping as well, looking at our direction in confusion.

My dad and his body guards were already walking their way towards us when I looked back at them again, somehow my mind seemed to make a funny connection of things but then again, they were too good to be true. It wasn't only my dad and his gaurds who were making their way towards us but also Taera's guards, however, they were walking this time and their scary faces that were hunting us were long gone. I instinctively hid Taera behind me and eyed the two groups cautiously. What surprised me the most was when the guards bowed down to my dad.

"Good morning Chairman Choi." One of them greeted and my dad bowed slightly to them before looking back at us.

"I thought you're not coming?" My dad was speaking to me this time and I just returned a confused look. He let out a breathe and he chuckled and his secretary did as well. Looks like all of them knew what was going on except for us and the guards. I raised my eyebrow slightly. "If you weren't so stubborn and hasty, this wouldn't have happened." My dad then turned to the guards and cleared his throat before speaking. "This is my son, Choi Jonghun. He came earlier than expected. Shall you guide us to the where Mr. and Mrs. Yang is?" He signalled me to come to him and I did so, bringing Taera with me as the guards bowed their heads again and led the way for us.

'What's going on?" Taera whispered to me nervously and I shrugged, not sure if my theory was correct so I didn't tell her yet.

When I looked back again at my dad, he had this stupid grin on his face as he looked at me and Taera. I glared back at him and shook my head. Before I could even say anything more to him, the elevator opened and we were led to the Chariman Yang's office.

When the door opened, my heart started to beat terrbily fast. Technically, this is my first time meeting my girlfriend's parents and during this circumstance. I didn't know what to expect and I just saw Taera swallowing hard beside me, nervous as well. After all, we just tried to elope a few minutes ago and now we were with our parents.

"Good morning Chairman Choi." A lady in a blue dress greeted my dad. I assumed it was Taera's mom since the resemblance was pretty much obvious. We then appeared behind my dad and her expression turned from welcoming to a complete sense of confusion. "Taera? What is the meaning of this?" She said as her gaze locked at our intertwined hands.

"Oh, this is my son Choi Jonghun." Dad finally spoke, smirking at me from ear to ear obviously teasing me.

"Oh.. Oh! I see. Shall we all sit down? Right this way." Taera's mom then lead us to the chairs. Taera and I sat together while her parents sat infront of us and my dad next to me.

"Chairman Choi, we thought your son wasn't coming?" A man in a suit like my dad's said and I was guessing it was Taera's dad.

"I thought so too but I guess he changed his mind." My dad laughed out loud and like us, Taera's parents were confused as well.

"Um...umma, what's going on?" Taera tried to say it out loud and nervousness and confusion were all mixed up with her words. I sighed out loud and looked at dad.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I couldn't hold it back any longer. I knew right now my guess was right.

"You never asked." Dad replied simply and he chuckled again. I let out a sigh again.

"What's going on Jonghun?" Taera turned to me and I turned to her.

I can feel my body relaxing, I can feel my nerves calming down. When you think it was too good to be true, how can you even doubt it when it's already infront of you, I thought to myself. I smiled gently at her and held her hand, looked at her with all sincerity. "Please be my wife."

She let out a gasp and looked back at her parents and looked back at me. She was at the verge of crying and I guss I made her more confused than before. "Well, why don't we clear everything for her?" Her dad spoke and I nodded. He stood up and that was when I thought I should move and give her a moment. Her parents were now then next to her and I went next to my dad.

"Taera, this proposal was made by the Chairman Choi. He said that he has no problems with the two of you getting married and their family helping our family."

"It's because I found out that you and my son are going out and that he seems to be pretty serious about you."

"Dad," I cut him off and he just grinned at me that annoying grin he kept on showing me since a while ago.

"Just giving him a little push." He continued teasing me and I rolled my eyes.

"You mean?" Taera began saying, "Is it all right to be with Jonghun?" She asked and her parents nodded and smiled to her sweetly. "It's okay if I say yes to the question he asked before?" They nodded and that was when she looked back at me again.

I didn't know why but my heart was beating so badly. Shouldn't I be calm and relieved since all the problems were solved now? It turned out the person I was going to be engaged to is the reason why I flew thousands of miles away without knowing what would the ending be. But why won't my nerves calm down. My body stiffened already and I didn't notice I even gulped when she came nearer.

"Didn't you just ask her to marry you? What happened to you now, cat got your tongue? Stand up Jonghun." Dad slapped my leg softly and that was when it hit me. I ACTUALLY PROPOSED BLUNTLY INFRONT OF HER PARENTS. I shuffled from my seat before I was able to stand up and meet her.

"I can't believe this." She said wide-eyed while looking at me. I was actually thankful that she spoke because I was too busy being nervous at the moment I didn't know how to react but I just grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Me neither." I whispered to her and that was when my dad clasped his hands together, making everyone looked at his direction.

"So when is the wedding?" Dad said.

xx--xx

Minjung's POV:

"YA!" He shouted and shock was both clear in our faces. I wanted to run away but my feet seemed to be glued at where I was standing at the moment and maybe because I wanted to know why he... KISSED ME.

"Ya." He said softer this time. I looked away and bit my lower lip and prepared myself to dash out once I didn't like what he was saying. The last thing I wanted to hear from him was, "It was all a joke." I don't think I can handle that. To be more honest, I found myself at the point where I had fallen so deep that I could not find a way out anymore.

"It was all a joke." He blurted out, as if he could read my mind.

My eyes widened again this time and I ran away hurriedly when I had registered what he said. "It was all a joke." But of course, what else could it be? I was running so fast, I could only hear my heart beat ringing in my ears. It  was foolish of me that he could actually feel the same way about me too. It was so foolish I could feel my eyes getting watery.

"Ya! Minjung!" He was running after me. But there was no way I was going to stop. "MIIIINNJJUUUNNGG!! Will you please... stop... RUNNING!" He shouted in between huffs. He must be tired. After all, Hongki is not the athletic type.

And so was I.

As much as I wanted to run more my lungs and heart were getting mad at me. My legs were starting to ache as well. I finally stopped and I felt him behind me still so I signalled him to stop as well. I was facing my back on him as I gathered my breathe and it wasn't easy when your stupid tears would not go back to where it belonged.

"Minjung." He called out for me again and I could hear his footsteps getting closer.

"Stop!" I shouted at him, still not facing him. "Stop please." My voice gave up on me this time and I knew he figured me out finally. I dropped myself on my knees and wailed, covering my face with my shoulders.

"Minjung," His voice was sorry but I shooed him away.

"I hate you go away."

"Please let me explain." I ignored him and continued wailing. "Please Minjung. I cannot leave you here crying."

"Just leave! You're so good at making jokes anyway!"

"I will not leave unless you talk to me." He said stubbornly and I still didn't move an inch and just burried myself more on my arms.

"There's nothing to talk about. I get it. You made a joke. Just go away."

"Why are you so stubborn?! I told you let me explain so this will be cleared! This is just so stupid!"

That was it. I stood up and faced him with my tear filled face and glared at him. "This is stupid all right! Falling for you is the most stupid of them all!" I shouted to his face and he fell silent. I was shaking. I didn't notice when it started but it must have been a while already. I was breathing hard and I just couldn't think straight anymore. I felt more stupid than him because I actually confessed without meaning to.

"You.." He began saying. "You love me?" He asked, voice shaking.

"Just how stupid are you? I am not having this conversation. I'm out of here." I said and was about to walk out on him once more but he pulled me back.

"What?" I glared at him.

"Don't you even want to hear what my feelings are?" He said while looking down.

"Didn't you just say it earlier? It was all a joke right?"

"No! No! No. You got it wrong." I raised my eyebrow at him and he let go of my hand. He wiped my tears from my messed up  face while I tried to stop him from doing so but he continued wiping still. "What I mean by that is, it was a joke when I said I don't want to be involved with you or when I said you are ugly and annoying and that your cooking is terrible, all those stuff." He continued blabbering and that was when I stopped struggling and let him do what he wanted. "I actually want to be with you every day. No. Make it every minute. Because when you're away from me I couldn't help myself but think about you."

I wasn't sure if my minds were playing tricks on me but I found my mouth hanging open when I got back to my senses. He was looking stupidly at me and I noticed how stupid we both might look at that moment.

"Do you mind walking with me and hear me out for a bit?"

I didn't know what was really going on but that was when I noticed that he already took my hand and we were walking slowly going who-knows-where but I know, despite my confusion right now, he would be telling me everything.

"I once had a girl friend." He began saying. I felt a tiny pang in my heart but he squeezed my hand gently as if reassuring me that it was going to be fine. So I decided to keep quiet and listened to him instead.

"She was pretty, funny, smart, didn't like when I let her win easily in video games. She was my whole world." I looked at him and I noticed the sadness in his eyes. I was jealous I admit. The way he talked about her but there was also something telling me to keep quiet still and let him do the talking. "But one day we found out that she got cancer. Leukemia to be exact. When we found out it was too late already but that did not stop her from fighting it. She fought well for  6 months when the doctors actually said she only had 3 months left."

"Hongki," I whispered but he hushed me by tightening his grip on me and I held on tighter. I could feel a tear wanting to escape from my eyes.

"Before she was gone, she asked me to fall in love again because she said she wants to see me happy. Can you believe that? My girl friend was asking me to fall for someone else?" He laughed a bitter laugh before continuing again. "I thought it was impossible and then a tiny girl came and blurted about things such as continuing life without our loved ones doesn't necessarily mean we forget about them." He then looked at me and I felt my heart skipping a beat and I looked down.

"Minjung, I'm telling all these because I want you to know where I'm coming from. Why I was acting this way and that. Because I don't want to just carelessly say this out loud without you knowing about my past, about her."

He paused yet again. I could feel his fear from his hold and for once I actully feel sorry for him and held more tightly at his hand.

"I love you." He said. "I don't know how it's possible but you just made a miracle for me." He kissed my hand he was holding and looked at me in the eyes, waiting for my answer.

How could I say no to that?

"I love you too." I said to him and finally, I couldn't hold it anymore and cried for him.

 

I am ready to be chopped into pieces. It has been a year since I last updated I know but please let me explain myself ;---; I am working and studying at the same time and I barely have time for anything also because I lost track of this story and lost track of the feelings and basically writing a love story is really difficult to write. I try to at least come up with something that has feelings in it. So yeah.. uuhhmm about this story, I will write an epilogue soon. Like really soon before this summer ends. Before I formally say goodbye to everyone reading this I would like to ask for a few more stretch of patience  (I know I have kept you waiting too long already /sobs) and I promise to end this fic formally with the epilogue. Thank you very much for sticking with this until the end. Seriously guys, the words of encouragement helped me a lot on getting my motivation back. 

ok im saying too much xD see you soon.