Chapter 9

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 9→

→Nara's POV→

 


I rush home after getting a phone call from my father. He had called me on the phone he recently had been lending me. He had called earlier to tell me that my mother had left. They had gotten into a fight like usual but this time she was done. She left saying she'd send the divorce papers whenever possible.

I ran into the house to find my father sitting calmly at the kitchen table. He didn't seem upset that his wife of so many years had walked out on him. I wipe my tears away as I sit down at the table across from him.

"Are you okay, dad?" I ask him.

"I'm fine, it was bound to happen eventually." He sighs. "Things will be better off this way, we haven't been in love for years and it's just brought a lot of pressure on us. I'm sorry, Nara."

"It's okay." I say looking at him. He must be telling the truth. Hopefully things will become better around the house now that she's gone.

"Grandma is coming to stay with us for a while." He says standing up. "She'll be here tonight."

"Okay." I nod and hand back the phone he's been lending me.

"Just keep it, honey. Your mom was the one who didn't want you having one." He slides it back in my direction before taking off into the living room.

I sit at the kitchen table for a bit longer. I stare down at the black iPhone and smile. I had my first phone, this was great. But should I go visit mom? How would I know where she went? Did she even want to see me?

I stand and head to my room. A few hours later someone's knocking on my door.

Grandma Kang enters with a huge smile on her face. "Nara, how've you been?"

I jump up out of my seat at my desk and run to hug her. "Good, how about you grandma?"

"Never been better after hearing the news about your parents." She squeezes me tight. "This has been a long time coming, and finally they're done."

"I know." I smile to myself, would this mean I wouldn't have to hear those painful words from my mom anymore? Did this mean I was finally free?

--

The next day was a Saturday and I was awaken by my father. He came into my room and woke me telling me he was leaving for work. 

"Behave while I'm gone." He told me. He acted as if I were still a child.

"Yes, dad." I tell him as I lied back into bed. He left and I fell back asleep.

"Nara! Kang Nara!" My Grandmother yelled sometime during my sleep. I grudingly sat up and threw the blanket off of me. I look over at my alarm clock and sigh, I slept the day away. It was 1:00.

I stand up and go to head downstairs to see what my grandma was yelling about. I trudge downstairs in my pajamas and messy hair. I heard her voice from the bottom of the stairs, it seemed as if she was in the living room. But who was she talking to? Was she on the phone?

"What did you want Grandma?" I ask coming around the corner. I freeze at the sight before me.

"Ah, Nara it's about time you got down here." My Grandma scolds me.

My eyes zero in on Xiumin who sat beside my grandmother on the couch. What was he doing here? Oh my god and I look horrible!

"Look who showed up, he says he's here for you." She winks. "I didn't know that you had a boyfriend, Nara." She coos moving to pat Xiumin on the back.

"Uh, well we aren't dating, Grandma." I tell her.

"You don't have to lie to me, Nara. I'm not going to punish you for dating this handsome boy." She stands and grabs my arm pulling me further into the living room. Oh my god, is it possible to die from embarrassment? Because I think I am right now.

She sits me down on the couch beside Xiumin and steps back examining us. "Nara, you could've at least cleaned up a bit."

"I didn't know we had a guest, I'm sorry." I reply.

"Let me go get some drinks. Do you like lemonade?" She asks him and he nods.

Once she's out of the living room I whip my head towards Xiumin. "What are you doing here?"

He turns towards me. "I didn't mean to intrude, she just pulled me in!" He says quickly. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you seemed pretty upset when you left me the other day."

I lower my head a bit. "Yeah sorry about that, something important came up that's all."

"Your mom left, I understand. Grandma Kang told me about everything." He says scratching at the back of his neck. "She thinks we're dating and she told me a lot of things about you."

Immediately my cheeks are burning, oh my god. "What did she tell you?"

He slightly smirks. "Nothing important."

I shove him a bit. "Tell me!"

"Oh it wasn't anything bad. Just that you used to run around in your underwear screaming that you were a super hero." He chuckles.

Grandma! If she told him that that means that she showed him the pictures too.

"She also showed me pictures of your childhood." He smiles turning away as my grandmother re-enters the room.

My cheeks were ablaze whenever she came to sit beside me, she sat the tray of lemonade down and passed one to Xiumin and then to me.

"Oh what did you two do while I was gone?" She says looking towards me. "Your cheeks are redder than a strawberry right now."

My eyes rounded. "Grandma!"

"Nothing!" Xiumin quickly answers.

My god this was going to be a long day!


A/N:

Sorry for not updating for a long time! But here's a chappy for you, idk when the next update will be.

Hope you enjoyed it even though it was short!