Chapter 4

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 4→

→Xiumin's POV→

"So..." Luhan nudges my shoulder.

"So what?" I give him a confused look.

"Do you like Nara?" He grins wide.

"We literallly just started talking the other day, how can I like her?" I give him a look that told him to shut up but of course he doesn't get the hint.

"Haven't you ever heard of love at first sight?" He nudges me once more.

"Yes, I've heard of it. And before you ask, no I'm not currently experiencing it." I sigh, all I wanted to do was go to class.

"All I'm saying is that you seemed pretty urgent about getting back to her the other day."

"Whatever." I mutter before turning away from him. Okay, so maybe I slightly had some feelings for her but I wasn't in love with her. At least not yet.

When I saw her tear soaked face the other day in the park something inside me broke. I wanted to be the to protect her from whoever made her cry, the one to make her smile again because that frown certainly didn't desserve to be on her face. She was too nice to be crying like that.

Then her own mother had the nerve to call her own daughter ugly in front of her. That woman is horrible and a part of me wanted to kidnap Nara and keep her to myself, away from that wretched excuse for a mother. But I can't just randomly come out and be like "Hey, Nara I might like you, so want to try dating?"

That would totally freak her out. Especially since we've literally known each other for what, a week maybe two. Of course I've known of her for a while, I've just never talked to her.

I sigh as I finally make it to the classroom. I sit in my seat and Luhan takes his beside me. Sehun and Chanyeol sit down beside me and both send me a grin.

"What's with you two?" I ask. I knew that whenever those two grinned something was going to happen. These two are the definition of trouble, no scratch that, they were the definition of pranks.

"Just wait." Chanyeol snorts and high-fives Sehun. I shake my head at the two of them. They will certainly be sent to the office for whatever they are anticipating.

Mr. Lee comes into class after the bell rings and writes the name of todays lesson on the board before turning to sit down at his desk. As soon as he sits a farting sound fills the room. The whole class bursts out laughing and Mr. Lee sighs out of annoyance.

"Ah, Mr. Park and Mr. Oh, I see you're up to your old tricks again." He pulls out the whoopie-cushion from underneath his bottom. "Detention after school for the both of you."

"Totally worth it." Sehun cackles before Mr. Lee comes back to hand the both of them detention slips.

The classroom door slides open and the class bad boys, Tao and Kris waltz into the room. "Ah, Mr. Huang and Mr. Wu, late again are we?" He writes on two more slips before handing them over to the two of them. "I don't suppose you know where Mr. Byun and Mr. Kim are do you?" Any other teacher would call them Baekhyun and Kai because there are a lot of Byun's and Kim's in our school but in this class they were known for skipping a lot so everyone already knew who Mr. Lee was talking about.

"Nope, Sir we don't." Tao growls crumbling up his slip of paper before slipping it into his pocket.

"We don't hang out with those two man-." Kris snorts out before taking his seat in the back of the class. Tao following after him.

Luhan nudges me again. "Hey, Xiumin."

"What?" I groan, is he going to tease me about Nara again?

"Nara isn't in class either." He points up to her seat and it was in fact empty. "I definitely saw her enter the school this morning."

"Maybe she went home." I shrug turning my attention to Mr. Lee who had began his lecture.

"Did you forget that Kai's after her?" He mutters. Right, I almost forgot.

"Yeah, but that has nothing to do with me." I mutter back. I felt my left eye twitch after I finish the sentence. Who am I kidding it has everything to do with me. Dammit, my leg begins to bounce up and down nervously. What if they were harrasing her right now?

"Are you sure it has nothing to do with you?" He sighs. They could be stealing her innocence as we speak, oh jesus. Why am I still sitting here when I could be doing something about it? They'd better not be touching her inappropriately, I'd beat them up, if so. "Fine, I'll just go save her, she doesn't desserve this." Out of the corner of my eye I see Luhan set his pencil down.

Suddenly I'm standing. "Uh, Mr. Lee I don't feel so well."

He turns toward me surprised. I don't think I've ever spoken this loud in his class before.

"Ah, well please go to the Nurse." He ushers me forward and then hands me the Nurse pass. "Go on, I don't want you throwing up in here."

"Should I take him?" Luhan asks quickly before I exit.

"No, you are his friend. You just want out of class, Mr. Lu." Mr. Lee quickly replies. Great now I'm going to have to face both Kai and Baekhyun on my own. "Mr. Huang will take you, right?" He gives the boy a glare. "Since you aren't paying attention to the lecture anyway, you won't miss much."

"Ugh, fine." Tao groans before standing and grabbing a hold of my arm. "Let's go baozi."

"Baozi?" I give him a confused look before he pulls me out of the classroom.

"Yeah, because your cheeks remind me of a steamed bun." He pinches both of my cheeks. What the hell? I thought he was supposed to be terrifying and itimidating? He seems like a child to me. His appearance makes me feel like he wants to beat me to a pulp but what he just said totally contradicts that.

"I-uh, so..." I'm at a loss for words.

"So, I never took you as one to skip class." He raises an eyebrow to suggest that he was intrigued by my odd behavior. "I mean you are not sick at all, anyone could tell that. Except that idiot, Mr. Lee."

"I-ah." I'm still at a loss for words. Wait I'm supposed to be searching for Nara right now and helping her. Wait maybe I could enlist the help of Tao, I mean he is one of the schools bad boys and no one, not even Kai or Baekhyun wants to mess with one of them. But then again, why would he help me? I mean this is the first time I've had a conversation with the guy. Well, other than the casually 'hi' or 'hello.'

"Xiumin?" Tao snaps his fingers in front of my face. Dammit, I'm wasting time. "Do you want to tell me who's got you all worked up?" He cracks his fingers which causes me to shudder, I think I'm starting to see how he got his reputation.

"Well, you know Kang Nara right?" I ask sheepishly.

"Yeah, that quiet girl right?"

I nod, "Well you see." I pause before quickly spilling every detail to him.

"So, those two conniving players are after her now?" Tao's eye twitches. "Those two won't stop until all of the girls in this school are un-worthy of marriage."

I blink surprised. He's surprisingly quite innocent. "Yeah and I can't sit back and let them do that to Nara."

"Oh, do you like her?" He smirks.

I felt my cheeks heat up. I squeal something that sounded like a cross between why and what.

"Ah, you've became a strawberry jelly filled baozi!" He cracks up and my cheeks only heat up more. This guy though, he's totally different from what the rumors say about him. "Let's go. I'll help you out, plus Nara is pretty cool, that is I don't have a problem with her." He winks.


Sorry, it's been a while since the last update! I've been busy! I hope you enjoyed it! :)

This is unedited, so sorry if there are any mistakes!

Yay, I'm so excited that Tao and Kris have both entered the story now!

Ah, Chanyeol and Sehun got detention again. Let's just say its a common occurance for them! :P

As for Xiumin, he's slowly falling for Nara. But not to quickly, I hope! What about how Nara feels?

You'll find out what's happening with Nara in the next chappy!