Chapter 1

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 1→

→Nara's POV→

I, Kang Nara was a wall-flower. I really don't like to be noticed by others. Why, well because I feel like I'm not pretty at all. Whenever I look into the mirror all I see is the ugliest person staring back at me. I felt like I wasn't the right shape either. So, I guess that's probably the reasons I'm a wall-flower. I try to keep to myself and avoid others, so therefore I have no friends. No one to talk to whatsoever and I'm completely okay with that.

"Kang Nara." I heard my PE teacher call for me. I didn't want to take a PE class so my teacher had informed me earlier in the day that I would have to join a sport in order for me not to have to take PE. So, here I am back here to join a stupid sport so I can avoid changing in front of other girls in the locker room. I don't want to have them judging my body because girls can be so mean to one another when it comes to those sorts of things. I head into his office and sit down as he sighs and pulls out my schedule. "So, have you decided the sport you're going to take in place of PE?"

I had thought very long on this topic and I had finally decided on what I thought would bring me the lesser amount of attention.

"Track." I answer quietly, I would just run in one of the races that had a lot of students running in it, that way all the attention wouldn't be on me. Also, I could lose a couple pounds running around that horrid-looking track during it's season.

"Okay, nice choice." He grabs a pen and adds track into my schedule. "Practice has already started, show up tomorrow, it starts right after school and ends at 5:30." He puts my papers back into the folder and stands gesturing for me to exit. I bow and exit his office and head for my locker. I took my time because I really didn't want to go home too soon because at home lied a worse place. My parents would constantly be fighting and I really didn't want to go home to that, not that I didn't go home to it every other night anyways. I just want to pretend that I live in a perfect life where my parents still loved each other and that I was their perfect child that they'd actually like to support.

I sigh to myself as I round the last corner before reaching my locker. "Hey watch out!" I hear a voice yell before I'm knocked down. Something landed on top of me and I couldn't get back up. I groan as I felt the weight being lifted off of me.

"Nice job, idiot." A voice says before I'm lifted off of the ground and set back on my feet. I turn and see two of the most popular boys in school. I had managed to avoid them for most of my high school life, so I guess this run in was bound to happen eventually. I have to admit I knew their names, they were undeniably cute so, I at least educated myself on their names.

"What? You're the one who kicked the ball too hard." The one known as Chen growls toward the other. "I'm sorry for him hitting you with the ball." He bows. I can't help but think to myself, maybe had you not been fooling around in the halls this wouldn't have happened, but I'm too quiet to say anything. I did mention that I talk a lot in my head, right? Well, now you know. I might be a pushover on the outside but on the inside I'm constantly telling myself what I want to say to others.

I bow in return, "No, it's okay." I sigh.

Then the one known as Lay speaks up, "I kicked it too hard because I'm not the one who plays soccer. I play basketball, that involves my hands."

"You still didn't have to kick it so hard." Chen fires back. "Apologize to her." He forces Lay to bow with him.

"I'm really sorry." Lay smiles and a dimple pops up on his left cheek. He was so cute, too bad I'm too quiet to say anything else to them. I bow once more before turning to my locker and avoiding any further conversations.

You see in my high school the boys were classified into six groups. The players, who I would absolutely never associate myself with because I certainly didn't want to become another knotch in their bed post. Then there were the class clowns, who were too loud and rowdy for me to acquaint myself with since I'm so quiet, they'd draw attention to me and I wouldn't like that. Next were the preppy nerds, all the smart people were looked up to here because they might actually get somewhere in the future whereas most of us won't if we don't study hard enough. I was kind of dumb when it came to math, so I naturally didn't feel like it'd be okay to talk to them. The fourth group would be the athletes, and as you can see by my run in with two of the most popular ones I'm clearly not fit to be around them. The fifth group was the jerks, this was a smaller group that only a few guys resided in. The two most feared guys in school go by the names of Tao and Kris and I'm sort of really scared of them so I definitely can't be anywhere near them. The last group was the nice guys, everyone loved them because they were kind of pushovers like me but they were actually socially active unlike me. So, again I failed to place amongst their ranks. It would just be so unnatural of me to even think about talking to any of them.

I open my locker and grab a hold of my math book. I should probably at least try and do my homework tonight or else I might flunk out of math and have to retake it during the summer. I was a senior this year and I really don't want to have to come back next year and redo it again next year. I my backpack and slip the heavy book into it and I shiver feeling like someone was watching me. I glance around the hall looking for a pair of eyes looking back at me but I fail to find anyone looking at me. The hallway wasn't even that full. Most of the students had went home or to study with friends. No one stuck out too much to me, well other than the most popular player in the school, Kim Jongin, better known by his preferred name, Kai. He was talking to his best friend and fellow player Byun Baekhyun.

I turn back to my locker and grab my pencil pouch and lunchbox, slipping them into my backpack and then zipping it back up. There's no way they'd even think about coming after me, I'm ugly so I didn't have to worry about them preying on me. I shut my locker and head out to my bus stop. I unfortunely didn't have the money to own a car so I was stuck taking public transportation from home to school and then back again. I sit down on the bench at the bus stop and wait for the bus. It should arrive in a few minutes, I slip my hand into my backpack and pull out my headphones. I also wasn't privileged enough to have a phone either because my parents didn't think I was old enough yet. I was still seventeen, although my birthday was coming up in about a month so I was hoping for one as a present but I wasn't expecting one because I knew my parents were tight on money at the moment.

I plug my headphones into my iPod. It was the fourth generation iPod touch and it was really rundown, I had gotten it on my fourteenth birthday. I think it's the most expensive gift I've gotten since then. My birthday was often overlooked and I often celebrated on my own because my parents were super busy with work.

"Babe, stop we're in public." I hear a females voice. I glance over and see the player Baekhyun all over some girl who definitely wasn't his girlfriend. He places his hands on her and she squeals. Oh my god, I turn away, that's so embarrassing. How can she allow him to touch her there? I just don't understand girls, he's just playing around with her. People like him disgust me.

I pop my headphones into my ears and turn on Block B's, Her. I loved Block B, they were so outspoken, they make me wish I was like that. My favorite member was U-Kwon because he was sort of quiet just like me.

Suddenly I see a banana run past me, well actually somebody dressed in a banana suit. I pull my right headphone out and turn to the right to see the person running around in a circle.

"Chanyeol!" A voice yells and then a gust of wind passes me by. Now not only was there a guy dressed in banana suit dancing around the outside of the school grounds, there was a bottle of bubble tea running around too.

"Sehun, do you think we should actually go onto campus like this?" The banana guy known as one of class clowns, Chanyeol laughs.

"Hell yeah." The bubble tea boy, Sehun replies. "You only live once." He takes off running. I smile at them as they run into the school screaming incoherent words. Those were no doubt the leaders of the class clowns. This group also wasn't very big, because most of the students were afraid to test the teachers nerves.

I hear the bus's brakes squeak to a stop and I plug my right headphone back in and step up to the bus. Time to go home. Once I'm on the bus I search for a place to sit and I find that the back row is empty. So, I head for it and sit on the left side beside the window. I hear some laughter so I look up to see two boys heading toward the back of the bus. They were two of the guys known as the nice guys. I knew that one of their names was Luhan but the other's name always slipped my mind. They of course decide to head to the back of the bus where I am currently located.

"Hey, do you mind if we sit here?" The one known as Luhan asks.

I shake my head no letting them know that I don't care.

"Cool. Thanks!" Luhan grins and plants himself down in the seat right beside mine. "So, what's your name? I've seen you around school but you're pretty quiet." Well, there was a reason I was so quiet. It was because I didn't want to. I didn't like this guy because I could tell he was one of those people that won't leave you alone until you answer their question.

"I'm Kang Nara." I say quietly bowing slightly toward him.

"I'm Lu Han and this is Kim Minseok. He prefers to be called Xiumin though." Luhan's smile widens as he gestures toward the brown-haired boy. That's right, his name was Xiumin. For some reason I have a hard time remembering his name. They both were very cute, so I would be lying if I said I hadn't found my eyes following them at school sometimes. "So, why are you so quiet?"

"Luhan, you just can't ask her that." Xiumin slaps Luhan's leg. I wanted to laugh at how the boy had reacted to being slapped but I just bite my lip to keep my laughter from being outloud.

"Why not? It's nothing too personal." He sighs glancing back over to me.

"I don't know, I just want to be I guess." I shrug, I really didn't want to talk to them anymore. Everyone on the bus was looking at them, all the females encluding the old women were watching their every move.

"That's funny, Xiumin said the same thing when I first asked him why he was so quiet." Luhan laughs and then smirks at the boy to his right.

"And yet I'm still quiet." The boy replies turning to look out the other window.

"Oh, you party pooper. You talk a bit more, well to me anyways." Luhan grabs Xiumin's arm and cuddles it. Xiumin rolls his eyes and rests his head on the window. I take that as my escape and turn to look out my own window. I watch as the street passes by in a blurred motion because the bus was moving fast. The first stop we made Luhan said goodbye to Xiumin and got off. A few others got off as well but I remained. My stop was the next one. Now that I think about it, I think Xiumin lives around me.

Sure enough at the next stop Xiumin stands to get off the bus as well. Once we exit we both go our separate ways, him going left and me going right.

The first thing I walk into when I get home is a fight between my parents. This is not unusual, I sigh and head into the kitchen hoping dinner would be on the table but it's not. That is also not unusual. I open the fridge and search for something to eat. I noticed some leftovers from last night were still there so I pull them out and warm them up so I can eat tonight. After I finish eating I head up to my room and get to studying on math.

- - - -

When I awoke the next morning I decided that I'd walk to school today. So, I put on my clothes. My school didn't have a uniform policy so we could wear whatever we wanted. I kind of wished we had a uniform policy so I would blend in with the others. I quickly shrug that off and do my hair while I avoid looking in the mirror so I don't have to see my ugly face. I grab some track clothes and head out without breakfast. There was nothing to fix anyways.

Once I'm at school it passes by quickly at eighth period comes quickly. I head to the girls locker room and head into a stall for more privacy before changing into a t-shirt and shorts. Instead of going to PE I head for the track to find my track coach. I see her teaching some of the lower grades PE classes. I slowly approach her not knowing what to expect.

"Hey, you must be Kang Nara." She smiles and I nod. "Oh a quiet one." She grabs my hand and gives it a firm shake. "I'm Miss Kim."

"Hello, Miss Kim." I bow and she stops be half-bow.

"Please don't be too formal with me." I nod and she informs me on how practice for tonight was cancelled because it was supposed to rain. "But since you're already here and dressed you can run a couple laps to get into shape like the others are."

I nod and turn to the track and start to run around the otter ring. After about three and a half laps I'm dying and I slow to a walk.

"Come on Kang, give me one more!" Miss Kim yells from the middle of the track. I give her a thumbs up and finish out the last lap. I stop and catch my breath before heading back toward her. "You can go ahead and go shower." I nod and head inside, I noticed that most of the girls had already left PE and were in the main locker room. I really don't want to shower with them in the room.

"Hey, you're Kang Nara right?" I noticed the player Kai first but he wasn't the one speaking it was a girl that just got done talking with him. He turns and heads out as soon as I look at him. The girl comes up to me before I enter the girls locker room.

"Yeah, why?" I ask slowly.

"You don't like to change in front of a lot of people do you?" She smiles, something about her smile seemed fake but that's probably because I'm not the best thing to look at.

"Not really." I give her a questioning-look.

"Well, there's another locker room for us girls, that no one uses. Did you know that?" She smiles hooking an arm through mine.

"No, where?" I ask, she was actually pretty nice. Maybe she wanted to be my friend. I don't know if I qualify as the best choice but I could certainly try.

"It's on the opposite side of the school." She smiles. "I'll show you." She pulls me through the school and shows me the locker room. The sign read 'girls' on the outside.

"So no one uses it?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Yeah, all the girls sports on the other side of the school so most don't walk all the way over here after PE or practices." She releases my arm.

"Do you use it?" I ask her.

"Sometimes, but I've already showered today. You can go ahead without me." She pushes me inside.

"Thanks." I offer her a smile. Maybe we could hang out more often.

"No problem." She smiles. "If you don't take too long I can wait on you."

"Okay." I head toward the shower area and strip off my sweaty clothes and leaving them on the bench outside the shower area. I can't believe she was actually that nice of a girl.

"Hey, Kang Nara, I have to leave." I hear the door close, I must've been too long. Oh well. I turn the shower off and search for my towel. Dang I must've left it out with my clothes.

I step out of the shower area and run smack-dab into something which causes me to slip on the wet floor and land on my .

"Oh my god." A voice says, a male voice. I quickly look up to see the nice guy, Xiumin staring down at me. My eyes go wide as I cover my -self up. My cheeks heat up and Xiumin quickly turns around. "Are you alone in here? Or with a guy?" He asks.

"Alone." I answer quietly and my voice squeaks out of embarrassment. This is so awkward. What was he doing in the girls locker room. "You're a ert!" My voice squeaks again.

His throws his backpack off and onto the bench where I noticed my clothes were no longer lying. He also throws his baseball cap off onto the bench. His hands go to the hem of his sweatshirt. Oh god, he's not going to attack me and make me do some erted act with him is he? He pulls it off and throws it behind him toward me. It lands in my lap.

"No, I'm not a ert. Put it on." He sighs. I quickly do as I'm told and slip it on. "Are you covered?"

I nod, but then I remember he's not looking at me. "Yes."

He turns giving me a firm look. "Why are you showering in the boys locker room? It's like you're asking for a ert to attack you. You're lucky I'm not one."

"This is the girls locker room." I answer standing so the sweatshirt covers more of my bare body.

"No." He answers. "Do girls locker rooms usually have urinals?" He points over his shoulder near the toilets and sure enough there was a line of four urinals on the wall.

"Oh god." I blush putting my head in my hands. "But she told me this was a girls locker room and the sign said girls." I can't even look at him.

"I was just out there and the sign says boys." He answers. Then that means that the girl wasn't nice at all, she was just like all the other girls who liked to pick on other girls. "Might I ask where you're clothes are?" I bite my lip and shrug. I think this is the most words I've ever spoken at school. I was beginning to like talking, I need to stop though.

All of the sudden we hear the sound of more male voices, his eyes go wide. "." He grabs his cap and backpack and pulls me into the storage closest. Inside was a bunch of old basketball's and uniforms from many different sports.

"Why'd you pull me in here?"

"Would you rather the whole basketball and soccer team's see you dressed like that?" He gestures up and down at my appearance and suddenly I feel self-consious. And then it hit me, he had seen my body. The body I was so ashamed of, oh my god. I bet he was so digusted at what he saw, I mean my body is far from y, hell it's from pretty. My s are not big like other girls, nor are they small they are just awkward. I fall to my knees and then sit on my pulling my knees to my body, burying my head between my knees. This cannot be happening, like this has to be a dream. No, knowing my life it has to be real.

"Hey, could you not sit like that?" Xiumin whispers and my face heats up even more. I quickly sit back on my knees and stare up at him.

"Can we just go outside?" I ask, I just want to get out of here.

"And how are you going to explain me and you in a closest when you just so happen to be underneath my sweatshirt?" He whisper-growls.

"Tell them the truth." I shrug. "I just want to go home." I whine, I'm too embarrassed, I might even act like I'm sick tomorrow so I don't have to see him or the girl from earlier. Now that I think about it, she didn't even tell me her name. That should have been a red flag, god I'm so stupid.

"And you think a room full of boys are going to believe that." I shrug once more. "No they aren't. I'm not about to let you go out into a room full of wolves that would be willing to eat you up as soon as you exit this room." I give him a confused look.

"Wolves? Eat? What does that have to do with anything?" I say pulling a half-way flat basketball toward me. I roll it around under my index finger to ease my nerves.

"There are , teenage boys out there, that would definitely try to um...I don't know how to put this in an appropriate manor...they would definitely have some erted thoughts about you, maybe even try something on you." He sits down beside me and rests his head on a rack of old basketballs.

"I'm not really worried about it. I mean I'm ugly so they wouldn't think anything dirty about me, and they'd certainly not try anything on me." I start to stand, having stepping out of the storage closest on my mind when he pulls me back down.

"You aren't ugly. Trust me they'd have plently of thoughts about you." He turns away and looks toward the door to where I can't see his face. "Let's just wait them out."


A/N: Well, here's the first chapter! Let me know what you think!

BTW this is unedited!

Chen and Lay the athletes! ;)

The class clowns Chanyeol and Sehun! ;)

The players Kai and Baekhyun. (I feel bad for making them players, but somebody had to be.)

Oh and I almost forgot! Luhan and Xiumin the nice guys! ;)

And I had to post this! XD

Even though Chanyeol was in the banana suit and not Sehun...It was just too great to not post it. I love whoever did this! XD

I'll hopefully have another chapter out soon!

Thanks for reading!