Chapter 8

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 8→

→Xiumin's POV→

"Of course we're friends." I laugh at her. Why would she even have to ask that? If I didn't like her as a friend then I wouldn't want to be around her all the time. My eyes widen whenever I see a huge smile form on her face. On second thought maybe it's a good thing she asked that question.

Although, for some odd reason I felt a pit forming in my stomach. She only thought of us as friends?

"Okay, good." She grins even wider. "You're my first guy friend."

My heart thumps, I guess that's also something to boast about.

I laugh once more. "Come on before coach yells at us." I stand and pull her up. I froze when her forehead rammed into my chin. I ignored the pain because she looked up and met eyes with me. It took a whistle blowing to break us from the dream-like trance that took us over.

I clear my throat and quickly turn away. That's when I saw Sehun and Chanyeol running as fast as they can onto the field.

Chanyeol then proceeds to trip over his own feet and Sehun hurdles over him in a successful attempt to avoid tripping over the giant fool currently whining about how he kneed himself in the chin.

"Did we make it in time?" Sehun asks not even bothering to help his best friend up off the ground.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Luhan's eyes were wide.

Sehun smirks. "Chanyeol told me about how the soccer team was recruiting new members, I figured you'd need some help." He then proceeds to look Luhan up and down. "Plus I get to see you prance around a field in basketball shorts."

Luhan scoffs and I hold him back from attacking Sehun. "I'd like to see you say that once Xiumin and I kick your on two on two."

Sehun glances back at Chanyeol who's being helped off the grassy field by Lay and Chen. At least somebody helped the poor soul up. (And here I thought Luhan and I were the nice guys.)

"Yeah I'd rather not play against you with that liability." He chucks a finger over his shoulder towards Chanyeol.

Chanyeol limps forward before throwing an arm over Nara's shoulder. Nara shudders at the contact and I felt a burning sensation in my stomach. Was I seriously jealous of Chanyeol right now? Yep, definitely.

"It's true, I am a liability to the team, so beware if I go out into the game because these feet will trip over anything, even air and then I could end up tripping all of you." Chanyeol sticks out his left leg to show us his long limbs.

Nara chuckles before we hear coach yelling for us to huddle up.

- - - -

After practice ended I waited for Nara to exit the ladies room before I told her about Luhan ditching me again.

"He ditched out on you again?" She says quietly.

I nod as I see said person step out of the locker room and head in the direction opposite the parking lot.

"Should we follow him?" I ask her.

She shrugs. "I've got nothing better to be doing, why not."

I chuckle at her reply. "Okay, mission find out what's up with Luhan is go."

She nods and I grab her hand intertwining our fingers pulling her in the direction that Luhan had went in. I was so focused on finding Luhan that I missed her red cheeks. I also missed how my heart was pounding.

We caught up to Luhan quite quickly. We watch as he enters the science lab and we duck behind a row of lockers whenever he glances around making sure no one is around before he enters. I count to ten before peeking out to find that he's entered the room. I let out a deep breath, we weren't caught.

I turn towards Nara and noticed her red tinged cheeks. I noticed our hands were still intertwinned.

"Oh sorry." I quickly release her hand and take another deep breath, this time because I was embarrassed.

"It's okay." She replies.

"Let's get closer." I tell her and she nods.

I tiptoe towards the science lab with Nara not too far behind. I stop once I'm in front of the door. I heard faint voices behind the closed door. So, he's with someone in there? I wonder if it's that girl he's always talking about?

Nara pokes me and I move out of her way. She slowly slides the sliding door open a bit and peeks in. I watch as her eyes widen. I move a bit closer trying to hear the voices that have now stopped. They hadn't noticed her, right?

She pulls back from the crack in the door to look towards me, eyes still wide.

"What?" I mouth towards her.

opens to speak but quickly closes. She raises her hand like she's going to speak again but then stops once again.

I move closer to the door to look inside but she stops me.

That's when I hear the voices once again, this time more clear.

"I think your image totally contradicts the real you." A very familiar voice says. "They call you a nice guy but you're very naughty in reality."

"Shut up." Luhan replies.

My eyes widen and I turn to face Nara. She covers her eyes and turns away from the door. I decide to face the facts and look through the crack in the door. There stood Sehun inbetween Luhan's legs. The two were quiet once again because their mouths were too busy smacking against one another.

I let out a low gasp.

Luhan and Sehun were kissing?

Luhan and Sehun are gay?

My best friend's gay and he didn't tell me? What the hell? 

He knew I'd accept him? Why hasn't he told me?

"Sehun." I growl to myself. He better not be messing around with my best friend. I'd killl him.

Then it hit me, how long as this been going on? The girl Luhan always talks about was Sehun? The descriptions fit him perfectly.

Nara pats me on the shoulder and I look over towards her. Oh , this must be so awkward for her. Actually this is awkward for the both of us. Spying on Luhan and finding him and Sehun macking-face is oh my god why are we still here?

I grab Nara and quickly leave the area. Once we are very very far away (and by that I mean the parking lot) I come to a screeching halt.

My best friend's gay and I saw him kissing his boyfriend or whatever Sehun is to him along with Nara, the girl that I definitely see as more than a friend. Oh god, she must think I'm absolutely weird for wanting to spy on the two boys making out.

"So-um, can we pretend we didn't see them?" She asks with tinged cheeks. "I have a feeling they are hiding their relationship for a reason, I don't want them to know we saw them."

I nod. "Of course."

"Are you alright?" She asks.

Maybe she wasn't as weirded out as I thought she'd be. I sigh relieved.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smile towards her.

"Good." She smiles back.

So, she's alright, not freaked out? It was just my stupid mind messing with me.

Suddenly she pulls something out of her pocket. I saw that it was her phone, an iPhone four. She frowns and puts the phone to her ear.

"Yes." She says. I silently wait until she's done. I planned on offering to take her home.

"What?" Her eyes widen. I frown, I wonder what's wrong?

Suddenly tears are falling down her cheeks. My heart breaks, what was going on?

"I'll be right there." She hangs up and shoves the phone back into her pocket.

"Are you alright?"

It takes her a minute to nod. "I just-I need to go."

She runs off in the direction of her house. I take a step after her but stop.

"I'll see you on Monday." I say to myself since she was too far away to hear me.

What happened to her?


A/N: Hey sorry it's been so long since my last update!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Sorry for any mistakes!