Chapter 7

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 7→

→Nara's POV→

After I told Xiumin I'd join the soccer team with him I made a trip back to the PE teacher's office to switch from track to soccer. There was certainly no way I'd be doing both of the sports. I mean my mother is already mad because I joined track instead of taking the normal PE class but I still just couldn't stand to change in front of others.

I knock on the office door and my teacher opens the door for me to enter.

"Yes, Miss Kang." He sighs.

"Um, I'd like to um-switch from track to soccer."

He sighs once more. "How did I know you'd be back here to switch?" He pulls out a piece of paper.

He hands it over. "What's this?"

"You have to have track coach, Miss Kim sign this to release you from the team."

I nod. "Okay."

Before I could join the soccer team I had to meet with Miss Kim at the track.

"Nara, are you coming to practice today?" Xiumin stops by my locker before last period.

"Yeah, I just have to meet with my track coach to have her sign my release." I smile towards him. Luhan huffs behind him.

"I can't believe we're playing soccer again. I thought you swore it off whenever you hurt your ankle that time." Luhan shakes his head towards the brunette.

"Hey, I actually miss playing." Xiumin waves Luhan off. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"No that's okay. I wouldn't want you to be late to practice." I give him a small smile.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't mind."

"Its okay. I'll be fine." I give him a wave as I turn to leave. "I'll see you soon."

--

"What you're already quitting?" Miss Kim groans while I give her a shrug. "But you just started."

"I know but I promised someone that I'd join the soccer team with them."

"Who's this someone?" She gets a smug look on her face.

"A uh-actually I don't know if I can call him a friend." I sigh. "Although, the other day he did say we were friends." It would be nice if we were really friends, but I'm not sure if we are.

"Oh so its a boy." She winks. "Then by all means let me sign that paper." She rips it from my hands and pulls out a pen from seemingly nowhere.

I just give her a confused look.

She smiles amused as she hands the paper back. "Please do come visit me in my office every now and then. I'd like to know more about this friend of yours."

"Um-okay." I smile. 

--

I returned the paper to my PE teacher before he sent me towards the soccer field. I changed into shorts and a white t-shirt in the girls bathroom before heading to the coed soccer field.

Someone grabbed ahold of my wrist which caused me to turn around.

"Hey there." My heart almost stopped. It was Kai. Damn, maybe I should've let Xiumin come along with me?

"Um-hi." I bow slightly. "I-um have to go now, so bye." I try and pull my wrist away from him but I'm unsuccessful.

"Come on now, let's not play hard to get." He moves closer. "You know you want to try me." He says his lips.

I frown. "You make me sick." My eyes widen, oh my god did I say that out loud?

I suspected him to scowl or do something around that but he didn't he just laughed. "You're really funny, Nara." 

"I wasn't trying to be." I mutter.

"So, let's head to the boy's locker room then? It should be empty for another thirty minutes, that should be enough time for at least one round."

I scoff. "No."

"Nara, come on!" I heard a voice call from behind me. "Or else you'll have to run extra for being late." It was Lay, the one who hit me with the soccer ball the other day. Also one of the ones to talk me into playing soccer.

Kai gives the boy a glare. "You're such a blocker, leave us alone."

"Let go." I warn him.

I felt a hand on my other wrist. Lay moved forward to send a small smile towards Kai, killing him with niceness. "I thought her and Xiumin were together, why would she be hooking up with you?" I'm surprised Lay isn't considered one of the nice guys, he seems awfully nice to me?

"Because she wants to, I mean I'm hard to resist." Kai smirks.

"Actually Xiumin and I aren't together in that sense. I also wasn't planning on hooking up with him." I finally rip my wrist out from Kai's grip.

Lay pulls me towards the soccer field where Luhan, Xiumin, and Chen were waiting on us. Xiumin looked a bit antsy, I wonder if he's nervous about playing? Luhan was smirking at the poor boy while Chen's face brightened whenever his eyes landed on us.

"Its about time." Chen whines. "I thought you'd both skipped out on us." Xiumin visibly relaxes once Lay and I arrived.

"Nah, Kai was trying to hook up with this one. I just couldn't let that happen, his ego is big enough as it is." Lay shakes his head.

"Kai, did what?" Xiumin was once again antsy.

"Yeah, but he wasn't successful thanks to me!" Lay brought a hand to the air for Luhan to high-five. 

"Are you okay?" Xiumin says ignoring Lay and Luhan.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smile.

"Good." He sighs suddenly relaxed again. "You ready to practice?"

I nod. "As ready as I'll ever be."

He laughs, "Then you might want to stretch out and do some warm-ups. If you don't tomorrow will be rough."

I nod and he shows me some stretchs to do.

My conversation with Miss Kim came into my head suddenly after he shows me how to stretch my hamstrings. Were we friends? Could I call him a friend?

I bite my lip as I stretch out my right leg. I turn to look at him, he was mimicking my same stretch.

"Hey Xiumin?" I ask him.

"Hmm?" He looks up slowly, our faces were a little too close so I backed up a bit. Just a small fraction because I'm not going to hide the fact that I liked our close proximity.

His eyes were a little wider than usually but I paid no mind to it. "Are we friends?"


A/N: Sorry, its been a while since my last update! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

This is unedited like all the other chapters...I'm lazy... XD