Chapter 2

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 2→

→Xiumin's POV→

"Xiumin!" I heard Luhan call out from behind me. I turn toward my best friend as he rushes across the hall to my locker. He was being super loud as usual and it drew the attention of many people.

"What?" I ask quietly so no one can hear us. I don't like being loud because then I feel like everyone knows your business then. It was already the end of the school day and I just wanted to get to the bus stop so we could go home.

"I have to get something out of my gym locker but first I have cleaning duty." He smiles and rubs at the back of his neck awkwardly. He does that when he's lying, what's he really going to do? "Do you think you could meet me there?"

I sigh, "I guess." I turn back toward my locker grabbing my sweatshirt and slipping in on and then my favorite baseball cap.

"Okay, well make sure you go right now." He demands biting his lip.

"Why? I mean it's not like you're going to be there in two minutes." I raise an eyebrow looking him over. He looks antsy like something was about to happen to him. Was someone threatnening him?  He better not be going to fight someone without me.

"Just promise me you'll go right now." He pleas grabbing my hands. Which draws the attention of every female in the hallway. For some odd reason they would always pair us two together and make up weird fantasies about us two secretly being together. I hate to break it to them but we weren't. Luhan had a crush on some girl in the grade below us. Whereas I also liked girls but I'm kind of too quiet to talk to them without Luhan around.

"Okay, I'll go." I pull my hands away from him so the girls will stop staring. Somehow Luhan and I were considered to be popular because we were nice to almost everyone and I guess they found us cute too. I knew we were good looking but there are a lot of guys at this school so I don't see why we are so popular when we hardly ever talk to anyone other than our small group of friends.

"Good. Now go!" He pushes me toward the direction and I stop turning back around to my locker to grab my backpack before going. Luhan stays there until he's sure I'm heading for the locker room. I take my time getting there because I mean he's not going to be there for awhile anyways. Once I got there I saw a girl and the schools biggest player, Kai standing outside of the locker room in a heated discussion. They both notice me and Kai gives me a glare before I head into the locker room.

I headed to the senior's side of the locker room because it was nicer and had a couch. I rounded the corner by the showers and heard one being turned off. Great someone's in here. I try to pass by quickly so they won't stop and talk to me. I really just wanted to read and be left alone. Suddenly someone runs into me. Oh, just great. 

The person slips and falls onto the ground. My eyes go wide when I see the girl that Luhan talked to on the bus last night on the ground, .

"Oh my god." My eyes stay wide. This was the first time I've seen a girl , she wasn't in here with a guy right? I thought this girl would've been better than to be like that? I often heard that the player Baekhyun would bring girls in here and they would you know, have . So, was she one of his girls he messed around with? Her eyes were wide and she covers herself up with her limbs. I quickly release that I'm staring so I turn around. "Are you alone in here? Or with a guy?" I ask my cheeks burned red. I can't believe that I saw her .

"Alone." She squeaks out quietly. I could tell she was embarrassed. What the hell was she doing showering in the boys locker room? "You're a ert." She squeaks again. I scrunch my eyebrows together, I am not, she's the one showering in a boys locker room. It's like she's asking for a guy to play around with her. I sigh and pull my backpack off throwing it on the bench and then do the same with my cap. I slip off my sweatshirt and throw it behind me at her.

"No, I'm not a ert. Put it on." I sigh again. I fidget with my fingers trying to not think of her . "Are you covered?"

It takes her a while to reply. "Yes."

I turn around and give her a firm look. My eyes roam her body that was covered with my sweatshirt briefly hoping she didn't see. The sweatshirt clung to her since she was still wet from the shower and it stopped right above her mid-thigh. "Why are you showering in the boys locker room? It's like you're asking for a ert to attack you. You're lucky I'm not one." I bite my lip forcing myself to look at her face.

She stands and the sweatshirt falls to where it stops at her mid-thigh. "This is the girls locker room."

"No, do girls locker rooms usually have urinals?" I throw my thumb over my shoulder pointing toward to where the urinals were located along the wall. She glances over my shoulder and her eyes go wide and her cheeks go red.

"Oh god." She puts her face in her hands. Did she really think this was the girls locker room? "But she told me this was a girls locker room and the sign said girls." She keeps her head in her hands refusing to look toward me. It must've been more awkward for her since I, a guy had just seen her .

"I was just out there and the sign said boys." I swallow and glance around the shower area. Did she not have clothes to wear? "Might I ask where your clothes are?" She looks up glancing at the bench where only my backpack and cap resided and then shrugs toward me. Someone must've been picking on her, probably the girl she mentioned before. She then goes on to bite her lip and I gulp. This girl, I think her name was Kang Nara is pretty cute and she's quiet just like me. Maybe we could become friends. Then I hear the locker room door open and I heard the basketball and soccer boys entering the junior varsity locker room.

"." I mutter and my eyes go wide, they cannot see her dressed like this. They'll definitely assume that we did something or worse they'll try to make a move on her. As a person who could become her future friend I must help her. The niceness is coming out of me. I grab a hold of my backpack, cap, and her arm pulling her into the storage closest.

"Why'd you pull me in here?" She gives me a confused look.

"Would you rather the whole basketball and soccer team's see you dressed like that?" I point my finger at her sweatshirt covered body. She blushes and is suddenly really flustered. She quickly falls to ground pulling her knees to her chest and then proceeds to bury her head inbetween her legs which gives me another view of her body. I close my eyes and turn away, Xiumin keep your head out of the gutter.

"Hey, could you not sit like that?" I whisper to her and she whips her head up blushing. She quickly moves to sit on her knees, her fingers clinging to the hem of my sweatshirt. I don't think I'm going to be able to look at this sweatshirt the same once I get it back. It's my favorite one too.

"Can we just go outside?" She gives me a look of plea. I could tell she wasn't used to being stuck talking to a person. She was quiet and I never noticed her talking to anybody.

"And how are you going to explain me and you in a closest when you just so happen to be underneath my sweatshirt?" I ask raising an eyebrow at her but she was looking down.

"Tell them the truth." She shrugs. "I just want to go home."

"And you think a room full of boys are going to believe that." I pause waiting to see her reaction. "No they aren't. I'm not about to let you go out into a room full of wolves that would be willing to eat you up as soon as you exit this room." She gives me a confused look. I just keep a firm face and stare down at her.

"Wolves? Eat? What does that have to do with anything?" She says pulling a basketball toward her. She rolls it around under her index finger, probably trying to calm herself down.

"There are , teenage boys out there, that would definitely try to um...I don't know how to put this in an appropriate manor...they would definitely have some erted thoughts about you, maybe even try something on you." I sigh and sit down beside her and rest my head on a rack of old basketballs.

"I'm not really worried about it. I mean I'm ugly so they wouldn't think anything dirty about me, and they'd certainly not try anything on me." She starts to stand heading in the direction for the door. Is she crazy? She's far from ugly.

"You aren't ugly. Trust me they'd have plently of thoughts about you." I blush and quickly turn away so she can't see me blushing. "Let's just wait them out."

"I still don't know where my clothes went?" She sighs. I glance back at her. Now that I think about it that girl that was talking to Kai before had some clothes in her hand. I wonder if she was the one who took them, she's probably the girl that told her this was the girls locker room. "Wait, I have my real clothes in my backpack. Which is in my locker." She smiles. "You should go it for me." Her eyes plea toward me.

"No, I'm not leaving you here until they are all gone." I sigh, wait I was supposed to meet Luhan here. Dangit, I should text him to come help us. I whip out my phone quickly and send him a text to get his over here. It sounded like most of the guys were gone by now but I still heard a few showering. She definitely didn't want to go out there now, she'd probably see more than she wanted to.

I glance over at her and she was shivering. I forgot that she never dried off from her shower. "Are you cold?" That was a dumb question but I figured I should ask her anyways.

She nods slowly. I bite my lip, should I scoot over and share my body heat with her? Would that be too weird? Screw it, I scoot over and wrap my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me.

"What are you doing?" She gasps trying to break free from my grasp.

"I'm sharing my body heat with you. Nothing weird, I don't want you to catch a cold." I turn away so she can't see me blushing. This was so awkward, we barely even know each other and we put into this situation together.

Suddenly the doors open and someone steps in closing it behind them.

"What are you doing in here?" I look up and notice Luhan. He then notices Nara and smiles at her.

"Hiding from those boys out there. Do you not see what she's dressed like?" I remove my arm from around her waist and I notice her cheeks are redder than before.

He doesn't seem surprised at all, "Do you have any extra clothes?" He bends down to her level.

She nods, "In my locker."

"What's your combination?" He pulls out a piece of paper and she tells him, he writes down each number. "I'll be back, stay here."

She shivers again and I close my eyes before placing my arm back around her waist pulling her toward me.

"Th-thanks." She stutters.

Luhan returns and hands her, her backpack. "There are still people out there. You'll have to change in here."

"Okay." She sighs and reaches into her bag. I stand and turn Luhan around to where we are facing the wall.

"Um..." She brings our attention back to her. I slowly turn to see if she's dressed and she's not, she's still in my sweatshirt.

"What?" I ask.

"I don't have any underwear." She says after a while.

"They took your clothes didn't they, while you were in the shower?" Luhan turns and asks. I give him a questioning-look, he obviously knew more than I did.

"I think so, so that means she has my underwear. You don't think they are going to bully me with them are you?" She blushes.

"No, I think the player, Kai is after you. It's a good thing that Xiumin found you before he did." Luhan sighs.

"Why, what would he have done?" Her eyes go wide.

"He's a player, I'm sure he'd do what players do." Luhan finishes and she gasps.

"Please, get me out of here before he gets me." She bites her lip and I look away, she was being too cute. "I don't understand why he's after me of all people."

"Well, he's after you because you're a cutie." Luhan pinches her cheek. She blushes and turns away.

"Just wear your clothes without underwear." I sigh, please I just want to get out of this dark closest.

"Okay." She waits until we turn around before I hear her putting her clothes on. I bite my lip trying not to think about her behind me. Luhan nudges me and I glance over at him and see him smirking at me. He caught me thinking about her, he better not be doing the same? I give him a stern look and he shakes his head and then proceeds to roll his eyes.

"I'm done now." She calls out and we turn to see her back in her top and skirt. "Um." Her knees meet together to close her legs. "It's weird not wearing with a skirt." She holds out my sweatshirt toward me.

My mind once again goes into the gutter, I close my eyes. I grab my sweatshirt and move toward her. "Here." I wrap it around her waist and tie it in the front. It was longer than her skirt so no one would be able to tell she didn't have any underwear on. "Just give it back to me tomorrow." I'm way too nice.

Luhan peeks out the door, "I think everyone's gone, let's go." I grab my backpack and throw my cap back on. Nara already has her backpack on and heads toward the door. I stick close behind her in case a guy shows up out of nowhere. Luckily we make it out of locker room without seeing anyone and we head toward the bus.

"Xiumin, I just remembered that I drove today." Luhan puts a hand to his head. That's right, how could you forget that you drove to school. "Nara, do you want a ride home?"

"No, you guys have done enough for me. I'll take the bus." She smiles and waves goodbye to us. She then turns to head to the bus stop. Luhan shrugs and heads toward the senior lot. I stare after her awhile before turning to follow Luhan.

Once we are in Luhan's car he turns to me and gives me a serious look. "What?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Kai is definitely after her." He his lips. "I overheard him and Baekhyun talking in the hall. Kai said, he knew a girl who'd trick her into showering in the boys locker room.

"So, he's bullying her?" I say, didn't we already cover this?

"No, let me finish. He wants her, he also told Baekhyun, that he would steal her innocence from her. You know what that means right?" His eyes are wide and I nod yes. "He's going to try and have with her."

"I said I knew what it meant." I roll my eyes but I'm secretly worried about Nara's innocence now.

"That's why I wanted you to go to the locker room, I didn't actually have cleaning duty." He smiles as my mouth drops. I knew something was up with him when he was urging me to go right then and there.

"Why me? Why couldn't you save her?" I gasp.

"Because, you need a girlfriend and I think you and Kang Nara would be cute together." He smirks and starts his car. He reaches for his seat belt and snaps it into it's holder.

"What gives you the right to choose my potential girlfriend?" I growl crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm your best friend that's why. Put your seat belt on." He sighs. I do as I'm told and go back to glaring at him. I can't believe he set me up to see her like that. "So, you saw her didn't you?"

My eyes go wide and I snort out of embarrassment.

"I'll take that as a yes." He laughs and puts the car out of park.

"I unfortunately did." I sigh.

"Unfortunately? Don't act like you didn't like what you saw." My cheeks burn and I punch his shoulder.

"Shut-up." I growl. "I didn't mind it." I sigh and then slap a hand over my mouth, Luhan chuckles at my reaction. Damn, what am I thinking about? "What I meant was no girl wants a random stranger to walk in on her like that."

"I'm sure you yourself meant that but other parts of you didn't." That earns him another punch. "What? You know it's true."

"I'm done talking to you." I recross my arms and turn to face the window.

"You've talked a lot more that you usually do today." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Not anymore." I answer.


A/N: Well, here's another chapter! Hope you liked it! Lol, I updated early than I thought I would. I got an Anthropolgy final at 8 A.M. tomorrow and then a Japanese final at 3:30 P.M so wish me luck!

xxuneditedxx

Some pics of the nice boys, Xiumin and Luhan.