Chapter 6

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 6→

→Xiumin's POV→

What have I done? I actually had the nerve to slip my arms around her waist? Oh my god! I'm so embarrassed, it didn't help that Tao had made it more obvious than it needed to be. I shut my locker door and glanced down the hall to see Nara shutting hers. We decided to skip going to the nurse and to just wait for third period to begin.

It shouldn't be much longer until class starts. Nara comes down the hall and offers me a small smile.

"Thanks again for saving me!" She beams and with that her smile widens. Somehow I'm glad that I was the reason that that smile was present on her face. I was also glad that I was the only one to see it too. The bell rings and I snap out of my daze, I quickly look away from her face. I had been staring at her for a while and didn't realize it.

Luhan's suddenly at his locker which was near mine he gives me a wink before shutting his locker door.

"Hi Nara. Did he make it in time to help you out?"

Nara blushes and nods. "Yes."

Suddenly Sehun runs past the three of us. He smacks Luhan on the on the way through and Luhan turns bright red.

"Nice ." Sehun tells him as he runs off. I glance over my shoulder to see Sehun giving Chanyeol a high five. Whilc Chanyeol laughed, Sehun sent a wink back toward Luhan.

"I ought to kill him." Luhan mutters. I'm speechless, this is about the sixth time this week that Sehun's messed with Luhan. Usually Chanyeol and Sehun's pranks were aimed toward teachers but now Sehun had his eyes set on Luhan for some odd reason.

"Just don't let him know it bothered you or he's going to keep doing it." I mutter. I glance over at Nara who was biting her lip watching mine and Luhan's exchange. That lip bite was too cute. I quickly turn my gaze away from her, I should really stop staring at her.

"Hey, Xiumin. I'm busy after school today, so I can't hang out." He smiles. Tonight was usually the night we'd play video games until my mom made Luhan go home.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. This was the second time he's cancelled on me. Last week he was busy too.

"Nothing." He says quickly.

I raise an eyebrow at his behavior. "Does this have something to do with the girl from the grade below us? You've never told me her name?" He's always been quiet when it comes to someone he likes. In fact he's never been in a relationship before?

"Um, no it doesn't. I-uh, my mom just wants me home tonight, that's all." He smiles again. He was acting weird again. Sort of like he was the other day whenever he wanted me to meet him in the boys locker room. That ended up being a lie so this must be a lie aswell. It doesn't usually lie, I mean if he doesn't want to hang out with me he can just say so.

"Okay." I sigh. He pats me on the shoulder before walking off.

"He's a horrible liar." Nara mutters.

I chuckle and turn toward her. "So, you noticed that too?"

"Yeah." She says shyly looking back toward me.

"Somethings up with him." I turn toward the direction he went in. He was already gone but he went in the opposite direction of his next class. He has to be meeting with that girl. Or doing something troublesome.

"I'd better get to class." Nara sighs.

"Me too." I turn to look toward my class and I remember that Nara is in that class too. "We can walk together if you want."

"Really?" She smiles wide.

"Really." I chuckle at her cute behavior. "Besides I need to protect you from player number one and player number two." I point toward Kai and Baekhyun. Kai was giving me the death glare but I just smiled, because I was the nice guy. But suddenly I was willing to shed that image to take Kai out.

Nara had froze momentarily and I turn back to look at her, her cheeks were a bright red. "What's wrong?"

She shakes her head and starts walking toward the classroom. I quickly catch up to her and we enter the classroom together.

"C-can I sit next to you?" She says quietly. I nod and pull her to the back of the classroom. Chanyeol's eyes are on the both of us whenever we enter. I give him a weird look and sit down in my seat beside him. We weren't close friends but I'd still call us friends.

"Are you two dating?" He speaks up. My eyes widen and I quickly glance at Nara who's eyes mimicked my own.

"No, we're just friends." I spoke up after awhile. "Where's Sehun?" I say changing the subject whenever I noticed that he wasn't in his seat in front of Chanyeol.

"He's out having some fun." Chanyeol wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. My eyes widen, was Sehun a player as well?

"What kind of fun?" Nara inserts herself into the conversation and I choke on my spit. I give Chanyeol a look that tells him not to say anything. But of course it's Chanyeol and he doesn't listen to anything.

"He's fulfilling his manly needs." Chanyeol directs her attention toward his crotch. "If you know what I mean."

She gasps. "Sehun's a player as well? Why can't guys keep it in their pants?" She blushes deeply.

"Hey, I'll have you know I haven't had in over a year." Chanyeol pouts. "I'm not no player and neither is Sehun. He's with someone, like as in a relationship." Chanyeol quickly covers his mouth like he's said something he shouldn't have.

That grabbed my attention. "With who?"

"I'm not allowed to say." He raises his hands into the air. "If it were up to Sehun the whole school would know by now but his partner is a little on the shy side."

"Hey, Xiumin." I hear someone interrupt.

"Hmm." I turn toward the person. It was Chen, one of my childhood friends. But we weren't as close anymore.

"You should really play soccer again. You and Luhan." He smiles wide. "You two were really good and we need more players."

"You played soccer?" Nara asks and I nod.

"Yeah in junior high both Luhan and I did."

"You two were the one's who dominated the whole game." Chen beams.

"We aren't that good." I deny.

"You were and probably still are." Lay, my other friend sighed. "Come on and try out for the team. Chen is making me try out, so please!"

"Chanyeol what about you and Sehun?" Chen turns to him.

Chanyeol snorts, "Me, on a soccer field. You're really asking to lose. I can't even walk without tripping over my own feet."

"True." Lay laughs. "Oh, Nara by the way girls can play too. It's a coed team."

"I'll play if Xiumin plays." She admits.

I give her a look and she bites her lip before turning away to look back and Lay.

"So, Xiumin are you up for it?" Chen asks, I turn to look back at him. He has a wide grin on his face.

"I guess. But you are asking Luhan, not me." I tell them.

"Yes!" Both Chen and Lay beam.

"Hey, shut up." Kyungsoo turns around from his seat in the very front. The teacher had just entered and was writing the name of today's lecture on the board. "I'm trying to learn, you should try and do the same. Some of us more than others." He gives Chanyeol the death glare. The two of them were enemies because Chanyeol had pranked him once before. Let's just say that Kyungsoo had a reason to be pissed off.

Suho, Kyungsoo's best friend sighs and pulls Kyungsoo's attention back to the board.

"One day, I'll get that loud mouth back." He mutters.


A/N: Well, here's another chapter!

This is not edited.

Suho finally makes an appearance.

Lay and Chen appear again. As well as Chanyeol...