Chapter 10

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 8→

→Xiumin's POV→

After Grandma Kang went to fix lunch she left Nara and I alone. Nara who was obviously a little embarrassed about her attire stared at the floor nervously. God she was so cute, even in her I just of got out bed appearance.

I clear my throat causing her to glance at me. "Do you want me to leave?" I ask her, I didn't want to yet but if she wanted me to leave then I would.

She laughs, "Grandma won't let you leave now."

I chuckle and glance around her living room.

"I'm just going to change into something that's not my pajamas." She says standing and jogging out of the room.

Meanwhile I run my hand through my hair. What was I doing here? My phone buzzes in my pocket and I quickly pull it out. It was a text from Luhan saying he was at my house and then another text asking where I was.

I sigh to myself before calling him.

"Where are you?" He asks after the first ring. "You're mom said you left for soccer practice but we don't have soccer today."

"I'm at Nara's." I reply, waiting for the teasing to come.

"Oh, really?" I could practically hear his smirk through the phone. If only I could about Sehun, if only he knew that I knew about them.

"Yeah really, look now isn't the time for teasing. Her mom's left her dad." I sigh into the phone making sure she's nowhere near me at the moment. I don't want her to think I'm just passing her family information around.

"I feel like that's a good thing, I mean that woman was rude whenever we met her that one day." Luhan says scowling through the phone.

"Yeah I know, but she's still Nara's mother." I reply in a monotone way. I cross one of my legs over the other trying to get comfortable but no matter how I sat the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop. Knowing that I was at her house made me a little happy. Knowing that she didn't kick me out earlier made me even happier.

"So I'm guessing you're not coming back anytime soon?" He whines.

"Probably not." I answer. I felt bad because we haven't hung out in a few days but it's because of him. He's the one who keeps ditching me to hang out with Sehun.

He sighs. "I guess I'll just go home then." Morelike go to Sehun's.

"I'm sorry maybe tomorrow?" I suggest.

"Okay!" He replies happily. 

I hang up the phone and I slide it back into my pocket. My gaze turns to the coffee table in front of me where Nara's grandma left the photoalbum of Nara laid out. I smile to myself and pull the album towards me. I turn through the pages eagerly as I saw little Nara grow from a baby fresh out of the womb into the teenage girl she was today. There were many words I could use to describe her in these photo-captured moments, but only one word felt totally appropriate. Cute.

She was super cute!

I heard a gasp before Nara's running forward to grab for the photoalbum.

"No, don't look at that!" She unintenially whines. She reaches for it but I pull it away.

"Why not you look cute?" I exclaim. Her eyes widen at my words and I could of swore I saw her cheeks tinge red at my sentence.

"No I don't, give me it!" She reaches again but fails. I stand up raising the album above my head. Her eyes follow it into the sky. She jumps for it and fails again.

She huffs disappointed in her height. She was just a little bit shorter than me but not by much. I was short too. I used to hate being short but when I'm next to her my height doesn't seem to matter.

"Please?" She pouts. I almost drop the album right then and there but I toughed it out. Come on Minseok don't give into those puppy-dog eyes. That's when I get a bright idea.

"Okay I'll give it back to you." I say with a smile.

"Really?" She says relieved.

"But on one condition." I bring one hand down to hold out one finger.

"What is it?" She asks curiously.

"Call me by my real name, Minseok." I smirk enjoying this way to much.

She seems a bit startled. "But I thought you prefered Xiumin?"

I do prefer to be called that by friends because in my opinion calling out first names is sort of intimate. And I would love to be a bit more intimate with Nara.

"I do, but everyone calls me that. I want you to call me Minseok, okay?" I tell her as she blinks a numerous amount of times. I gesture for her to go ahead and call by my name. "Come on..."

She lowers her head for a moment, her hands meeting together fingers nervously fiddling with one another. You're making things awkward Minseok, you're an idiot!

"Min-Minseok..." She stutters out and my heart literally stops. It took all I had not to pull her tight against me so I could cradle her. She was so precious. "There I did it, now give me my album!" She mutters embarrassed.

"Say it again." I find myself saying.

Her eyebrows crease in the middle of her forehead as she stares bewildered at me.

"Minseok." She says again, this time without the stutter but still undeniably cute.

I smile to myself. "You have to call me that from now on, okay?" I tell her giving her a pointed look.

"Alright." She nods and I finally let the album rest in her hands. She quickly hugs it to her chest before she takes off out into the hall.

Meanwhile my heart was thumping ninety miles an hour. She actually agreed to it.


A/N: Sorry it's been forever since I updated but here's an update. Not much has happened but I wanted some fluff this chapter! Isn't Xiumin adorable?!