Chapter 3

Awkward (discontinued)

→Chapter 3→

→Nara's POV→

I woke up today to my parents screaming at each other. It was nothing new, they especially loved to argue on weekends. But for the first time I hear my father storm out of the house leaving my mother fuming in the kitchen. I head downstairs to check on her, I hear her groan when I enter the kitchen.

"Mom, are you okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

"Don't touch me." She slaps my arm away. "This is all your fault." She jabs her finger into my chest. I give her a confused look, I don't remember doing something wrong? "Oh, don't act confused little girl. If I had't of got pregnant with you I wouldn't be stuck with a man I hate."

I swallow, this was the first time I've heard this. I mean she usually says hurtful things to me but she's never went this far. I stay silent and lower my head, maybe she'll take it back. "I mean you're nothing special, I could have a beautiful daughter with a supermodel right now. But I'm stuck with you and your idiot father." She spats out.

"I..." I start to defend myself and father but she cuts me off.

"No, I'm actually stuck here with two people I hate." She shoves me back and I hit the wall.

"Why are you taking this out on me?" I ask regaining my stance before she slaps me across the face.

"Don't you dare talk back to me. I pay for your food, school, and clothing. You can at least respect me for putting up money for you, the mistake I made." She growls before going around me and stomping up to her room.

Tears flow down my cheeks. I head back to my room and throw some decent clothes on. I head out to the park, this is where I'd always spend my time after my parents fights. It was the perfect place to clear out my thoughts. I kept my head low as I sit down on a bench. I didn't want anyone from school to recognize me, but hell I don't think anyone from school lives around me. They are all rich or at least well-off.

"Nara?" I hear a voice. I quickly wipe away my tears and look up to see Xiumin standing in front of me. "It is you." He smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. I'm confused, but then I remember that he rides the same bus as me and lives down the road from me. Dammit, I should've just stayed in my room.

"I just got back from Luhan's place." He gives me a questioning look. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just got a bug in my eye." I lie, he doesn't seem to buy it but he shrugs it off.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He points to the open space on the bench beside me.

"No, go ahead." I scoot over some. It was still sort of awkward to be talking to him after what happened the other day. I mean he saw me , that is so embarrassing.

"So, do you come here often?" He says as he sits down.

"Yeah, I think it's a nice place to come and just think." I smile and he smiles back.

"I agree, sometimes I sit on the swings over there and pretend I'm flying." He admits. I laugh at his childish-ness he nudges my shoulder. "Hey, don't laugh. The wind feels nice whenever you swing."

I nod and sigh, "I better get back home." I stand and he quickly does as well.

"I'll walk you home." He says stopping in front of me.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Not that I don't want the company it's just still weird for me to be around somebody who wants to talk to me.

"I won't take no for an answer." He smiles. "Beside I live the same way as you do."

"Okay." I say back and we head in the direction of my house. I hope nobody sees us and gets the wrong idea. I don't want to be the one to ruin his image.

The walk to my house was silent, until we got there and I could hear my parents yelling at each other from outside. It was so embarrassing. I look down before glancing at him.

"Please just go." I quickly run to my door and slide into my house without looking back at him. Once inside their voices were only amplified. I head to my room and bury myself in my bed. It was only twelve in the afternoon and I already want to go to bed. I pull out my headphones and turn on some music to drown out their voices.

I awoke about an hour later to them still screaming at each other. I head down into the kitchen to look for food. It turned out to be a bad idea because they were both in the kitchen arguing. I ignore them and head toward the fridge but I hear a knock on the front door. I sigh seeing as neither of them went to open it.

I open it and there stood Xiumin and Luhan, Luhan waved when I made eye contact with him. My eyes go wide, I quickly step outside closing the door behind me.

"What do you want?" I ask avoiding eye contact. My parents yelling had suddenly ceased and I relaxed momentarily.

"Nothing we just wanted to visit." Luhan smiles. Xiumin shrugs, were they here to make fun of me? I don't take them as the people to do that but then again I could be wrong.

"Well, you can't come in." I mutter. I feel the door open behind me and I hear my mother gasp.

"Well, who are you two handsome boys?" She comes to stand beside me giving them a wide smile. I've never seen this side of her. I give her a confused look.

"I'm Luhan and this is Xiumin." Luhan speaks up giving her a warm smile.

"Are you working on a school project together or something?" She asks.

"Oh no, we just came to see Nara." Luhan speaks again. Xiumin just glances at me looking me over.

"Oh, well you must be friends then because Nara here could never get herself a boyfriend with the way she looks." I lower my head, here comes the mother I know. "She must've gotten her looks from her father, because she certainly didn't get any decent looks from me." She sighs.

"Please, Nara is very pretty. She's just is very conservative unlike other girls nowdays." Xiumin speaks for the first time. I blush and glance up at him, his cheeks were red but his eyes bore into my mother who just squinted back at him.

"Xiumin's right, Nara has even gotten the attention of the most popular guy at our school recently. He's set his sights on her and won't stop until he has her." I look toward Luhan, who's he talking about?

My mother snorts, "Boys could you please yourselves off of my property?"

"Certainly." Luhan grins and then grabs for my arm pulling me away with them.

"Hey!" My mother growls.

Once they thought we were far enough away they stop.

"Oh, look at the time, better get home." Luhan excuses himself. I cover my face in embarrassment.

"Hey, she didn't hit you to hard earlier did she?" Xiumin pulls my left hand away from my face and his fingers touch my cheek.

"How'd you..."

"Your cheek's a little swollen and red. I didn't say anything earlier but..." He sighs and the cool touch from his fingers leaves my cheeks.

"I'm fine, she only slapped me." I bring my right hand down to my side. "Who's the guy that's after me?

He rolls his eyes, "It's Kai. He's trying to get in your pants." Right, I almost forgot about what he did to me the other day, when he had that girl tell me the boys locker room was a girls locker room.

I blush, I'd never do anything with him. He's probably got tons of STDs plus I'd rather not do that with someone who's not my boyfriend or husband. "I still don't know why he's after me?"

"Don't ask me, I'm not a player." He raises his hands to defend himself.

"But why me of all people?" I ask confused. I mean I'm not pretty nor do I have the best body at the school.

"Because you're pretty and innocent." He glances over his shoulder. I blush, why does he keep calling me pretty? It makes my heart skip a beat.

"I don't want him to get into my pants." I wrap my arms around myself.

"Don't worry Luhan and I and a couple of our friends are going to help you out." He pats my shoulder.

"Really?" I beam.

"Really." He answers. "You better get home before your mom puts out a search warrant for you."

I nod and giggle at him. Although, there is one question runnning through my mind right now. Why are those two so willing to help me out?


A/N: Sorry for the wait!

xxuneditedxx