Romeo & Juliet

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was new year's eve of 2014. The long awaited event for all MinShinners because we were desperate to see our OTP together in an event, actually come to think of it, we were desperate to see them in something or anything for that matter, where they are together and is away from the drama land to reassure our Shipper's heart! We were afraid that the distance apart would only meant that they are not continuing their great chemistry off-screen! Even though they are finally revealing it now to us that they were just guarding it all these while, it was a feat for us MinShinners as we steadfastly continued to sail on the ship calmly into the year 2014 because of the moments we witnessed during SBS Drama Awards 2013. December 31st, 2013. Another monumental date for a MinShinner and MinShin as well, apparently.

We were seated in front our computers or whatever device and gadgets that allowed us to watch the live streaming of the event. One of us even had our mobile device ready to keep voting for best dressed of the night through twitter! Even before their shadow was cast on the floor, we were already voting! Finally, when the red carpet commenced, who did we see? It was Park Shin Hye with that glowing aura surrounding her and sashaying sweetly on the red carpet! She was donning an all white innocent looking dress, or so we thought, until she turned to reveal the huge cut out at the back! Smarty Shin Hye teasing us MinShinners and everyone else alike as the cameras began snapping away. To us, she looked so innocently sweet and pretty with the light make-up she had on that only emphasized her youthfulness and natural beauty! Of course it did helped to possess great skin as well! *envious mode: ON*

But.....

Yup there's a but even as fans. We were slightly disappointed. Even though it was pleasing to our eyes to see Shin Hye in the dress that she was in, we immediately knew as soon as we saw what she was wearing, that there would be people who would hate on people who are naturally beautiful! Inside and out. Instead of acknowledging that fact, they decided to criticize the dress she had chosen to put on for the night, and associating her with words such as 'frumpy-looking' and comments such as 'what was she thinking? it's an award show not a wedding'. And to these people, do you know what we have to say to them? 

You damn right she is attending a wedding. It's her own wedding. Because her hubby is there!

And then our minds were slightly distracted for a little while as we saw Kim Woo Bin too. That one hot 'dinosaur'! (p/s: don't hate on us - it is one of his nickname by his fans) Hahahaha! Before Min Ho came striding with his pair of long legs in a printed blue suit. Another jaw dropping moment. The jaw dropping on our part has many sides to be honest. Yes he looked good and youthful with that bed hair and he certainly was dashing in that suit, only accessorized with a killer smile! But what was more jaw dropping to us was the fact that we think the suit, particularly the bottom half is just a teeny-weeny bit too tight! Are we the only ones thinking of that? LOL! But its a dangerous turf to enter so we made a conscious effort not to enter Mordor. It simply means doom's day for us! ROFL.

Anyways, we headed towards the location that they had decided on but this time around, we paid for the food because we felt bad about having them to pay for us all the time and we were hoping that through this 'bribery' they would at least reveal more to us! LOL. Whether we succeeded or not, stay tuned till the end of the chapter. *grins* 

"Now we finally have come to the topic that got everyone talking even if they were not following The Heirs.."

"Uh-oh! We got people talking again? How come we are not aware about it?"

"Not aware or was it more like you were making a detailed and conscious effort to ignore it?"

"Hahahaha! Jinjja eonnie-deul..."

"Did your agencies basically placed ear muffs over your ears and blind folds on your eyes?"

Another bout of huge laughter came round again from the lovebirds, "No... But I guess being on the road travelling for our activities helped to keep us in the bubble I think, because even though we're on television, we really cannot watch much of it!"

At their response, we were literally having a FML moment. Not because we were not able to travel as much but the fact that we had to watch television just so we could snoop and anticipate some news before it gets reported! Just like how we watched The Heirs and were reading in between the lines. Yes! That's how early we prep ourselves. We are known not to cover small stories and not going after news that are not groundbreaking (though not literally, because by then we would really have to scream for help instead of spazzing and squealing) because there are always other entertainment journalists to do so. How we managed to keep our jobs? We have no clue. It may be something that we did back in our junior days, not because we wanted to, but was told to do so. We guess we have finally found our niche in the field and at that very moment, the ongoing interview with Min Ho and Shin Hye was precisely the fruit of our stubborness. LOL!

Anyways, back to the interview, Shin Hye and Min Ho were waiting for our reply to their response, "Well.. That's nice to have a natural censorship surrounding the two of you after creating chaos in the MinShinner's World on the eve of a new year of 2014."

"Eve of new year? Hmmm, my dear.. What did actually happened?"

They were seriously thinking hard about it since it happened about 5 years ago, though we were basically doubting that they would let such a monumental event for us MinShinners, to slip through their mind. And on the other hand, the moment where they took some time to think, only made our minds run wild as we just realized that there might be an even more significant moments or events in their relationship to remember instead -which they did not want us to find out about it. But too bad MinShin, even though acting is their domain, when it comes to questioning, and things related about them, a true MinShinner always have the upper hand. 

"Let us save all those trouble for the both of you. It was the SBS Drama Awards 2013. Every single MinShinner was waiting for the moment where they would see you together outside the realm of drama land because they were eager to find out what in the world was going on between the two of you! Because even during the airing of the drama, they, the MinShinners could sense that it was not Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang onscreen but it was Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. They actually wanted to see whether the two of you were in fact real in that sense..."

"Ooooo.... Jinjja eonnie-deul? Was it really that obvious?"

"To those who were shipping you, of course!"

"But we did mentioned that we wanted the acting to be as convincing as possible... And at that point of time we were still in the infancy stage of the relationship...."

"Even if you were to say that, MinShinners alike were basically dissecting every single freaking clue even if it was the size of an ant! And they are pretty well trained in piecing the pieces together and coming to a conclusion that only allowed them to remain sailing on this MinShin ship despite being trolled sophisticatedly by the source itself i.e. the two of you and also other pirate ships with lost sheeps..." 

"Pirate ships with lost sheeps??!"

"We are only using that term loosely because we shall not sail into those dangerous waters as it might not get this book published." 

The couple burst into laughter as soon as we mentioned about the book, "It is that serious, eonnie-deul? It must be something that involved other public people then. Alright.. We shall give that a pass and continue with the interview about us instead..."

The Loonies just went OH. M. GEE at how precious Shin Hye was that we wanted to just pinch her cheeks and showering her with kisses! We beamed in delight witnessing her adorable reaction and also the fact that she deduced perfectly! Her reaction of course did not go unnoticed by Min Ho and he took the opportunity to kiss her instead! Kyaaa~~!! It just raises the squeal and spazz factor to another level! But we did managed to suppress it all within ourselves before continuing. At that point of time, we had another flash of thought, that it might just be a distraction to prevent us from excavating the answers out of them!  

"Yup let's focus on the both of you instead... So let's start with the Romeo and Juliet theme. Min Ho really didn't know about it or you did not inform him?"

"I actually gave Min Ho Oppa a clue! But I suppose it fell on deaf ears!" as Shin Hye showed her anger which only came across as cute instead, causing us to let out a chuckle. 

"I'm sorry my dear... I did not manage to catch that clue.. But I did manage to atone for my mistake during my fan meetings, right?" with Min Ho flashing his smile so innocently for Shin Hye which had her looking at him adoringly with doe eyes as they kissed each other on the lips. Awwww~~~ Just look at that~~ You two.. The obscenely gorgeous and sweet pair..

"But Shin Hye, why did you want to emulate Romeo and Juliet anyways?"

"Since we first met for Etude House and were doing a similar theme, I thought it was a nice way to remember how we first met and plus the drama is quite similar to Romeo and Juliet just that the role is reversed because I am not the rich man's daughter!" as she quipped.

"Ahhh~ So you are indeed one of the best ambassador for whatever product you are involved in..." to which Shin Hye giggled in response.

"And just like the story, we had to keep the relationship a secret too..."

"Well.. That's true.. It did frustrate us, MinShinners sometimes. A part of us wanted the two of you to go public but a part of us wanted to keep the both you safe at the same time and was more than willing for the both of you to date in secret..."

Oh~ The life of a devoted shipper~~ We could only heave out a sigh and lend a listening ear or two...

"So... How were you feeling that night anyway, Min Ho? Because you were exceptionally happy throughout the award show. We remembered how we were left bewildered after watching that as compared to the year before."

"Hahaha! I was really happy because I was able to meet Shin Hye in person! Basically, after filming we were really dead out tired and I soon had to fly off for my schedules just a few days later."

"Eonnie~ It's just an excuse. Min Ho Oppa is a sleepy head that's why... He could sleep almost the whole day!"

"Hahaha! I desperately needed the rest. I think I became haggard after continous filming. But not as bad when I did my debut movie though. That one, I really aged a lot. Even Shin Hye was mean to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter