Kiss & Cry

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From all the scenes that we had witnessed and observed, there were definitely memorable scenes that we can relate to on different episodes. But as MinShinners, we can collectively agree that there two types of scenes that we can relate to. Out of the two, one type of it has throngs of MinShinners and ALL, we really mean ALL within that huge numbers, could relate to while watching The Heirs. When we watched for the first time, the impact was definitely mind blowing. When we watched for the second time, we were still experiencing some kind of shock and when we actually watched it on repeat and sometimes to the extent of watching it on slow motion, and also demanding for behind the scenes footage when the normal doses of the same scene were no longer satisfying, let us all raise our hands in surrender and grin in silence. Denying the fact after the description? Because it sounds creepy? Well... If we were to put into words the pandemic that was sweeping over MinShin Land (an imaginary place where our OTP and their supporters roam freely without getting bashed), it was exactly the way that it happened! Yes you, you and you over there, we are definitely referring to you, oh do not look away and pretending to be innocent. Every single MinShinner around should be raising their hands by now because if you are not doing so, you'll start to hiccup! (No pun intended! Hah!) Why? Because we are just as guilty as everyone else! The scene that had us officially loonied! No intervention could have save us from getting loonied after watching. It IS the blackhole or should we term it as the initiation of being a MinShinner? Either or, there was no escaping for any of us MinShinner. Yes, we are definitely talking about the scene in episode 16 which saw a huge wave crashing on the shores of MinShin Land.

We have read articles on it, and there were already other interviewers enquiring about the scene. But somehow, it did not satisfy our shippers' heart did it? It definitely did not satisfy us because they did not really ask from a MinShinner's point of view. So as a proper transition from the previous interview that saw them sharing about their struggles at the beginning of their relationship, which was also evident during the drama from the disappointing kiss scene at the rooftop for episode 9 that they had to take 5 hours to film to perfect it. (yes, The Loonies are blunt when it comes to this. LOL!) But on a hindsight, looking at it from Kim Tan's and Cha Eun Sang's point of view, 18 year olds, high school students, having to kiss in school... On the rooftop.. Without anyone supervising... Well... Let's just stepped on those breaks alright? Basically to put it simply, it goes to show that the end result of that scene is endless! So equipped with a slightly racy mind and with a detailed analysis of the scene as a preparation for the interview, we definitely tried our best to pose the questions while treading along the thin lines that could get us sued or not sued by the OTP, because we were asking with the heart and mind of a MinShinner, embodied in a journalist's body, where our professionalism was questionable. (Hah!)

So we were supposed to meet the couple at another quiet cafe outside of Seoul and made our way there with eager hearts. How eager were we exactly, you may ask? Well it was early winter and freezing cold but our hearts were keeping us warm. (Heh!) We sat there waiting for the hot OTP to arrive and highlighted the questions that they definitely need to answer no matter what the consequences were on our part. We were back to being The Loonies again! 

When they arrived, Min Ho, the gentleman that he truly is (but we guess he is doing it for the sake of Shin Hye.. LOL!), placed the order at the cashier. He came back with a tray full of pastry and cakes. Was that his way of shutting us up as he figured out our intentions? If it was indeed true, he sure did not know that we can get high on sugar! Well one of us truly can! Who among us? Go figure. (Heh!)

"What a spread Min Ho... A part of us is happy and the other part of us is slightly pessimistic about your intention. The abundance can only mean two things, that we are able to spend more time together for this interview or it would only make us sleepy from the high dosage of refined sugar."

The couple could only burst out laughing from the remark, "Eonnie-deul, they sell good cakes here and when you told me about your favourites, I told Oppa that we should set up the interview here. It's quite impossible to date within Seoul without stirring attention, so we had to rely on our trusted connections and friends to inform us of possible places to go on dates. This place is one of the recommended ones. And we trust that eonnie-deul would not spill the exact location."

"Don't worry about that. We are not hyenas and we do have an important agenda to discuss."

"Orh? What could it be this time around? I think by now Oppa and I are quite immune to the style of interview."

"Well we are not so sure about that though. Anyways we think that this topic requires a full chapter on it because it acts as an anchor for the shippers."

"Are you talking about the Kissing Scenes?"

"Bingo! We even had a term to label the infamous scene you mentioned before in the previous interview. But before we take the plunge and dive straight in to the ultimate scene, we start slow. Let's talk about the rooftop kiss. Did it really take 5 hours as mentioned in an article?"

"Hmmm I think it is about there. It was actually difficult to shoot because there was no control just before the kiss as I had to hold both Shin Hye's hands as our lips practically crashed onto each other's, which may cause unnecessary injury... It takes 5 hours because of the different angles."

"How about you Shin Hye? Was it different for you?"

"We shot that scene before the 'air kiss' scene. So at that point of time, to me it was just acting accordingly to the script. It was a typical kiss scene where I had to freeze due to the shock. I know critiques have mentioned about my kissing scenes. So I probably made viewers roll their eyes when they saw that..." as Shin Hye giggled at her own comment.

"I have to admit I was one of those that roll their eyes.." as one of us blatantly admitting our disappointment before explaining the reason behind it, "Because as fans personally, we kind of anticipate the remarks that would come along with it, where they judge your whole acting career just based on that! It's simply not fair because you are a talented actress. But no worries about that since Min Ho has taught you well!" as we shamelessly gave Min Ho the two thumbs up!

The both of them literally burst out laughing and caught the bespectacled barista in his late 30s who also happened to be the owner, by surprised.

"Putting that aside, eonnie-deul.. I am so touched by your words honestly. At least just before the last sentence."

"You see my dear, even they think so too. And you are still denying that fact? But no worries now you're the perfect kisser all thanks to me!" as Min Ho quipped cheerfully before he turned to look at us, "It was evident in the acting projects that she did after that right?"

The Loonies could only nod our heads in unison because there was no point in disagreeing!

"Not only us Min Ho, but all MinShinners thought that way too! But I'm sure after that you do feel a hint of jealousy when you actually see her kissing her other male co-stars?"

"I think its natural to feel that way. They always say that men have it easier but in our case, I am more on the jealous side as compared to Shin Hye. She is quite cool about things. But I think for me the male ego is innate so I tend to be quite territorial. However, nothing tops the kiss scene I had with her on drama and I know that she's mine so ya... I still win at the end of the day..." before he turned to face Shin Hye who was already looking at him, "Am I right, dear?"

"Well... if Oppa wants to look at it that way, then I can say nothing else right?" said Shin Hye as though what Min Ho had just said was a one-sided account.

"Mwo?! What did you just say, dear? You mean we don't share the same thoughts?"

"Like I said Oppa... If you want to look at it that way.. Then there's no way I can stop you from thinking otherwise." as she reiterate herself f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter