Introduction

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the final episode of The Heirs had officially aired, we have been trying to contact Salt Entertainment and Starhaus Entertainment respectively to have a word with their main stars, through various means - just name it. We called, emailed, faxed and even wrote an official letter of request! However, due to the huge success of the drama, their schedules naturally did not allow us to have the meeting that we desperately needed. It became so impossible that even if we tried to squeeze ourselves in to meet their schedules, their constant travelling did not permit such an opportunity because they were not attending plenty of events together. It was no longer a want but a need to the point that we wanted to just barged in and purely stalking them! But as a respected and known journalists, we managed to keep our crazy stance in check successfully with much pain. 

With a combined experience of 15 years in journalism for the entertainment industry, and had occassions where we were able to interview them, we could not help ourselves but to feel a strong hunch that cannot be ignored by our critically trained eyes after watching every episode of the drama religiously and on repeat, which made us buy the DVD and purchased The Heirs Online App! We may sound like extreme fanatics now but as the chemistry exploded on our screens, we simply could not turn our eyes off of them. And ever since then, we have been sailing on this ship called MinShin and dubbed ourselves MinShinners. Our dreams and prayers, finally came true when Lee Min Ho, the handsome actor was finally discharged, after he was away from the industry for almost 2 and a half years to serve his nation.

We agreed to meet at the second floor of the restaurant run by Shin Hye's Ommonim on one late afternoon. It was late autumn and the air was chilly, but the weather did not dampened our spirit one bit as the excitement that we were feeling overcame it triumphantly.  When we finally arrived at the restaurant, her Ommoni was sitting at the counter, mending the cash register as she was in the middle of transaction with a customer. We stood there and waited nervously like two giddy and giggly girls who were about to meet their blind dates, while waiting for our turn to be served. When her Ommoni finally gave us her attention, one of us, despite the uncontrollable excitement, managed to inform her that we were there to meet her daughter and had set up the appoinment to be held at her restaurant. Shin Hye's Ommoni was all smiles and was sweet too as she welcomed us into the restaurant and then leading us towards the second level where there was a private room which was substantially decorated - simple and chic. She told us that Shin Hye would be running late from her prior schedule. We informed her that just a short while won't kill us as we have been waiting for years for this chance to come - an exclusive interview. Her mother giggled and left us alone. Ten minutes later, her Ommoni came up to the second floor and served us with some dumplings and hot green tea as a way of apologizing to us for having to wait for Shin Hye. We can only now agree that Shin Hye is just as thoughtful and kind because of her Ommoni leading her by example. The dumplings also known as Mandoo in korean terms were delicious!

We were eating happily as Ommoni had informed us Shin Hye would only be there at 4.30 p.m, when the door to the room suddenly opened, catching us in the most unflattering manner as we were stuffing our face, (well one of us did, Hah!) and there she was, entering the room and walking towards us gracefully. Her natural beauty and amazing aura was literally making her glow in the brightly lit room! Making us in awe even though we are both heteroual females who are definitely in love with the male species. She greeted us in a polite manner and exchanged handshakes before she sat across us. We were chatting and catching up on each other's well-being and advising each other to stay healthy in such weather, when the man of the hour in all the literal sense finally came in and flashing a smile. The well-known and famous Killer Smile that kills anyone, regardless of their ual orientation, who has an interest in him alike. Lee Min Ho, in similar fashion to Shin Hye, also greeted us politely before he gave Shin Hye a hug and a peck on the cheek and then taking a seat beside her. With the pleasant aura surrounding them accompanied by their natural glow, was simply blinding experience. It may be our biased judgement as we are their fans but heck that's how we felt at that point of time! One of the servers of the restaurant finally came up with the food that Shin Hye had ordered for the four of us. Our main interest was to just get an exclusive interview, but we were in for a huge surprise. 

"Lee Min Ho-sshi, it's been a long time since we've met for an interview how are things going on with you?"

"Well, its been about a year now since I've been discharged. Right after national service, I had CFs to shoot and conducted fan meets just to reconnect myself with my fans. So now I am just reviewing with care, some scripts that have come my way. Just needed to make a proper comeback."

"That's great news! We hope to be able to see you on the big screen or even the small screen! We are just glad that you're finally making a comeback."

Min Ho smiled before he gave a side glance to Shin Hye which made her to feel all shy, the total opposite of the bubbly Shin Hye that was chatting with us earlier. This was one of the many signs that did not pass through us when we were watching them on screen and we felt as though we were interrupting their private moment, but being The Loonies, we could not get our butts off the chair as we simply wanted to admire what we were witnessing. Min Ho then continued to speak,

"The reason we decided to call the two of you is because we trust that you would be able to be the voice of reason and to be able to publish our story in a manner that would keep the pressure around us to a minimum, judging from all the articles that you have published thus far. That you have been putting artists point of view into the articles that you have written and not blasting people like us who are in the entertainment industry, in the manner that others do, who put their interest first. You know.. Just so they could sell their magazines or newspapers. So I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter