Blooming Autumn

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another interview with the couple was scheduled and The Loonies came prepared with precious footage that first convinced us about MinShin being true and more than just mere colleagues! Where they were slyly displaying their close bond so openly for us, and for the media, no I think a more apt term would be it was meant for the world to see!

October 7, 2013. This date should be one of the most important dates for all MinShinners worldwide. For hardcore shippers, marked it on you calendars! Why? We think that all MinShinners alike would agree that the press conference, exactly two days before the premiere of The Heirs was the very moment that first sparked the birth of MinShin pairing.

As fans of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye individually before they are co-stars for the drama, we do take notice and observed their usual demeanour prior to them acting opposite each other. We did make a comparison on how they were behaving with other celebrities that they have worked with previously. As journalists in the entertainment industry, snooping around for possible and plausible evidences are part of our job scope, but nothing convinced us as much as what we saw on that fateful day. Thus, we made it a point to ask them about what happened during the 90 minutes event. 

"So, we were there for the press conference watching and writing articles on it while the event was in progress but as the cameras flashed away, Min Ho and Shin Hye... Hmmm.. How should we put it... The two of you were not your usual self. Especially Min Ho. It seems like you were eager to declare to the whole world! Things are put into perspective now since we do know that the two of you are an item.. But on that day... You were definitely doing a lot of leading ya?"

"Leading?" as they looked at us puzzled.

"Yup leading.. You even initiated to hold her hand and it looked like Shin Hye did not expect you to do that! She looked so surprised but she was definitely professional about it..."

"Min Ho Oppa all of a sudden extended his hand so I was definitely surprised. I think it was very obvious and I could not hide how I was feeling then." as she looked at Min Ho who was giggling.

"I was actually making full use of the opportunity to make some progress that's why I couldn't be bothered if photos were taken!"

"So Shin Hye, did you even know what Min Ho was trying to do? From the looks of it, the two of you were in your own world as though there were no cameras, no journalists like us or basically it was as though there were no human beings around to speculate what they were witnessing."

"Honestly, I really didn't know of Oppa's intention. I was just as shocked. But if I were to reject Oppa's hand then, the headlines for all the newspaper and tabloids alike would be something like - there is trouble brewing between co-stars... So I did not want to create such a rumour as that would only cause disturbance to the mood during filming, which we still had a lot to do. But after some time, when I watched that press conference in my own personal time, besides the sudden hand holding, even though I didn't realise during the event itself, it clearly showed how comfortable I was around Oppa. When I was watching the footage I was surprised by my own actions!"

"But were you already an item by then?"

"Hmmm we were not an item then... But at that point of time, I was making conscious effort and actively pursuing Shin Hye.. I mean I informed her that I wanted to date her. After we touched down in Seoul, I relayed my intentions to her. That I was going to woo her and will ask her out on a date. I was basically confessing my heart and my sincere feelings for her. But... No matter how dashing I may look to everyone else, she did not accept me right away. She definitely made me 'work' before she agreed to be my girlfriend! Like I mentioned before she's really the true master of the push and pull act. She got me twisted round her little finger! While I was more than willing to be twisted by her."

"How did Shin Hye make you work, Min Ho? It would be good if you could elaborate further."

"Firstly, when Shin Hye did not accept my confession is already making me work for her. Hahahaha! I was really determined about wooing her and that I did not want to be friendzoned by her so I would always text her first every single day without fail since the we touched down in Seoul. And would also call her before bed time. But Shin Hye was so mean~! Sometimes she will not even reply to my text messages."

Upon hearing what Min Ho had just said, Shin Hye joined in the conversation, "But eonnie-deul, it doesn't make sense to reply a text message when Oppa and I are about to meet in like 10 minutes time, isn't it? I mean we were meeting for filming very soon so I don't see a reason why I should reply those text messages. Oppa could have just waited and talk to me, right?"

"This is exactly the real Shin Hye right here. She is so sweet and full of aegyo in front of her fans but she is really blunt when she wants to. No fuss and no frills type of girl. But when I confessed to her in a forward manner and was straight to the point about my intention, she outrightly rejected me! She simply told me that I was not her style." as Min Ho whined, trying to gain Shin Hye's attention and sympathy.

"Is Min Ho really not your style, Shin Hye?"

Shin Hye burst out laughing while she tried to coax a pouting Min Ho, "Oppa~ If you are not my style I wouldn't have agreed to be your girlfriend..." before she turned her attention to us, "But eonnie-deul... Allow me to explain myself.. For me, being the person that I am, I will never allow myself to admit right away. I am the type who would usually be very cautious about falling in love with someone. I think after years being in the public eye, it became natural for me to calculate my move and ponder a lot before making my decisions. So while Oppa thinks that I am making him 'work', I was actually assuring myself and accepting the feelings that I was experiencing, and at the same time I was also weighing on the pros and cons if this relationship did not happen despite Oppa's attempt of wooing or if it crumbles half way through. There were a lot of factors that I had to consider before I finally came round in agreeing to be in a relationship with Oppa. The fact that we would still be working together for a drama was one of the issues. Because if things got awkward between Oppa and I, it will be shown clearly through the screen no matter how professional we are, and since Oppa did fell in love on set before, I was honestly quite hesistant to take Oppa's words right away and I brushed it off as a moment of infatuation or a whirlwind of romance driven by the roles that we were playing. On top of that, events that unfolded during my previous relationship was also playing on my mind. So there was a certain distrust that I had to overcome. And in order to overcome the obstacles, I needed time."

"So despite all the factors that was troubling you, how did Min Ho convinced you then?"

"At a later time, halfway through f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter