Rekindling

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the interview that The Loonies were preparing ourselves for this time around, got us really really (multiply that by a billion and squared the amount after that) excited because the topic this time around was about the year 2013! The infamous 2013! What else can we say about 2013! Just the year itself is a huge celebration for MinShinners all around the world! Anyways, we were making our way to a privately owned charity home that they got us partcipating in as part of the compromisation deal too. It was not big of a deal since we were still getting the interview done and to do deeds that benefited other people, there was no reason why we should give it a pass. So, they gave us the address to the place and we headed there, bringing along some necessities that the home we are going to would need. The house was located on the hilly side of town in the outskirts of Seoul. When we finally reached the location, we parked nearby and retrieved the goods from the back of our car before walking towards the home. Min Ho and Shin Hye was already there by the time we reached. They were rendering their help as they showered a boy around 8 years of age who is immobile due to his condition. So we greeted each other quickly before we got ourselves involved too. We were then tasked to wash the multiple blankets used by the children manually and we found ourselves, the four of us, doing laundry together and that was when the interview commences. Crazy? Well one should never underestimate the power of being a MinShinner.  

Anyways there we were, barefooted, standing in a huge basin that was filled with water and detergent, as we stepped on a blanket while we strike up a conversation with the couple.

"How long has it been since the both of you have helped out over here? And how did you find out about this place?"

"Well, I found out about this place quite recently, about a year back before Min Ho Oppa was discharged from the army. When I attended a church mass with Omma, a fellow church-goer who is also Omma's friend, she told us about this place. And as I wanted to continue to give back to society, I came by to check this place out and ever since then, I've been coming here to help out. I told Min Ho Oppa about it when we managed to talk on the phone.. So when Oppa was finally discharged, I dragged him along to help. And as a fan service for the Ahjummonie who are running this place!"

"So you were selling me off, dear?"

"Nope... Of course not Oppa... I will never sell you off but I am just loaning you. I mean I'm just putting you on display for a little while for the Ahjumonnie to see." as Shin Hye chuckled. The scene that we were witnessing was obscenely sweet as Shin Hye linked her arm to Min Ho's as he planted a kiss on her forehead. All this while they were doing laundry! (Junsu Oppa~! Changmin~! Where are you? Are you still available at this very moment?! Because I am! LOL.)

As we wringed the blanket together and then hang it to dry, we had to repeat the steps again from beginning until everything every single blanket is washed. We were partly exhausted and partly happy as it allowed us to ask them more questions despite panting from the physical labour. Our nosey and loony selves took over readily and our energy was recharged. (Hah!) 

"Anyways Shin Hye, what made you agree to star in The Heirs as you were also offered another drama right? Sword Flower or something like that right? What made you choose The Heirs over the other drama? Did Min Ho played a part in the decision making?"

"Eonnie-deul~ Has it started already? Min Ho Oppa~ We need to brace ourselves for their array of questions." as she burst out laughing before she answered, "Well for me the first reason is that I wanted to work with Kim Eun Sook-nim. I was honoured to be approached by her. And since I knew I would be starring opposite Min Ho Oppa, it became natural for me to accept the project as I have worked with him before for commercials. So, does that mean Min Ho Oppa influenced my decision?"

"More than that, we are just happy that the two of you decided to work on a project together since we have been waiting for such a long time! We were wondering when in the world will the two of you actually collaborated for a drama or something."

"Really, eonnie-deul? There were actually people who were waiting for our collaboration?"

"Yup.. We are two of the many out there... By the way, Min Ho, how about you then? How did you feel when Shin Hye agreed to star in the drama? How were you feeling then?"

"I was really looking forward to work with her again because I was holding on to good memories I had of her when we were filming for Etude House. And that year happened to be her 10th year anniversary since her debut. So I decided to send her a video message. Did you manage to watch it?"

"Of course.. How can we not watch anything that is related to the two of you. We watched and we were squealing for a good 59 seconds! That's the length of the video by the way. But at the same time, we were wondering how Shin Hye was feeling then when your face actually appeared on the huge screen. So how were you feeling then Shin Hye ya~" as we now shifted the focus on her.

Shin Hye was giggling as Min Ho nudge her with their arms still linked, "Were you happy to see my face then, my dear?"

"I think to be honest it was the first time for me that I thought Oppa was really good looking! Hahahaha! And even through a video message you were so awkward, Oppa~"

"What do you expect, dear...? I was talking to myself in that silent room.. I had to pretend that I could see your face and your reaction.. And on top of that, I was even doing a seal clap all on my own to congratulate you!"

"Hahahaha! Fine fine I appreciate the tremendous effort that you put in.. But were you harassed or forced by any means to send a message to me or were you doing it willingly Oppa?"

"Ya Shin Hye-sshi~ Of course willingly..."

"You see eonnie~ Min Ho Oppa was already marking his territory by then when he was sending that message to me.. Because we were not even contacting each other on a personal level with the number change and all.."

"Oh yes! We noticed that too! The Starlight Angel Thailand Fan Meeting was on the June 29, 2013. Your first script reading was on July 17th, 2013 and then July 30th, 2013! Yet he straightaway stated that he wanted to see you at the first drama shooting! Totally overriding two dates of script reading. Min Ho ya~ You can no longer wait to take her to California?"

"Wah~ Dissecting it to such an extent of my harmless but really sincere message to her. I was really looking forward for the collaboration because it's our first time for a drama and a mid length one at that...  A full 20 episodes! I was worried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter