Unconventional Love

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12th December 2013. A date that was bittersweet for everyone who was watching The Heirs. We were so happy that Kim Tan and Eun Sang finally found happiness after the heart stopping episode 17 and 18 which saw the heart breaking separation between the love birds due to Kim Tan's meanie father, and by episode 19 we were celebrating at their reunion and their last bit of happiness as Kim Tan revealed his dream of their future together. But as a MinShinner, we were greedy (if we could loosely term the state we were in). We were hoping for more. We were hoping for Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye's future together instead of Kim Tan and Eun Sang, purely because we believe that their chemistry was undeniable. We were sad that the drama ended because it only meant that Min Ho and Shin Hye would have less time to spend together (Yes! That's how much we care and was concerned over our OTP that had us worrying over their future together even before they said anything at all) and less opportunity for us to squeal and spazz (No matter how concerned, we are also concerned about our own Shippers' hearts, that's why. LOL). But a slight relief did came around in a form of a video clip, when we saw what unfolded at the after-party of The Heirs casts and crew attended. As though they were teasing us, the video of Kim Woo Bin and Shin Hye's reenactment of a hugging scene was first released. It created a ripple-like effect when MinShinners started to demand for a video that had both Min Ho and Shin Hye instead! And when it was finally released, we were spazzing not exactly because they ended up in an embrace, but because of the fact that the crew, staffs and we supposed the other casts, were chanting for them to kiss! Which only highlighted our idea at the continuation of the MinShin union. And we lived on that idea for a long time before the day SBS Drama Awards 2013 aired, as a live telecast via their YouTube channel on the eve of the New Year which will be discussed on the next chapter. Hold on to your horses MinShinners! We totally understand how you feel because we are one of you!

Now back to the finale episode of The Heirs. After THE kiss that blew our mind off in episode 16 happened, let us be honest that we were indeed anticipating another passionate one in the final episode which unfortunately did not happened. One of us, The Loonies, clearly recalled how nervous it was watching the finale with an elder around as there was an unfounded 'fear' of having to explain why a soft core-themed kiss appeared on the screen. LMAO. To a certain extent, although it was unfortunate based on the desires of a MinShinner because there was no second serving of such a kiss, the fact that the explanation or the awkward conversation did not happen was a relief! We think that more than the scene itself, it would have been more about the way the continous squealing and spazzing throughout the scene that would instigate such an awkward conversation because that's when a MinShinner's sanity becomes questionable. *grins*     

Even though we were not exactly satisfied by the kiss, we have to admit that it was definitely one of the sweetest kiss, apart from the forehead kiss that Kim Tan did when Eun Sang finally decided to reveal herself being the 'charity-recipient student' that was frowned upon within the freaking ridiculous school system, in our honest opinion. But we guess, it does exist in private schools for the writer to have such ideas. Anyways, we basically squealed at how blissful Kim Tan and Eun Sang looked in 10 years time. But we are more than thankful that it did not take 10 years for Min Ho and Shin Hye to be looking blissful. Manse! 

"So, the kiss scene for the finale, was it the kind of kiss that you had been hoping for, Min Ho?"

"Hahahaha! How come I feel a sense of nervousness when it comes to question about kiss scenes, even though I managed to overcome the biggest hurdle in the previous interview."

"Don't worry about admitting that you were indeed waiting for another opportunity, basically for another chance of a make out session with your lady love onscreen while you can, because in all honesty, though we can't say for all MinShinners as it might get us into deep sh*t just like how Kim Tan would have said it on the very first episode of The Heirs, we were looking forward for another bout of such passionate union of the lips!" 

At this point of time, The Loonies, might have just lost our marbles as we forgot about the consequences and were steadily increasing the probability of us being sued since the previous interview, which saw an outbreak of nervous laughter that spread among the four of us! Because they were placed in an awkward position due to our honest thoughts, whereas for us, we were faced with the possibility of losing our jobs and money! But heck, we were wielding the sword of truth and the beacon of hope for all MinShinners and decided to JIKJIN! (They taught us to never give up even if we stumble, which was an important lesson for us at that moment!) We just had to counter-sue if need be, since everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Besides, the loss of our livelihood due to such circumstances is against basic and fundamental human rights! ROFL. Furthermore, time and again they answered our questions willingly. *grins*

"We think that the kiss was a perfect closure for Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang, right Shin Hye?" came a perfectly politically correct response from Min Ho. 

"Yup, I agree with Min Ho Oppa."

Just a note to remember that The Loonies still have not found our marbles yet at this juncture, "The kiss was definitely sweet and all, because we could see those genuine smiles that successfully melted our hearts though at the same time, we cannot help but to notice such a contrasting difference between a kiss that happened when Kim Tan and Eun Sang were 18 year olds teenagers and when they were at 28! Because we could not wrap our heads around that idea where one become demure at such a ripe age! But then again, if we were to read in between the lines that Min Ho had just stated earlier, are you actually saying that even though it was the perfect closure for Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang, it was not the case for Min Ho and Shin Hye?" 

We think there is a no need for us to say the kind of nervous laughter that erupted from the question we had just posed towards them, especially since it came from the marble-less us!

"Well... Eonnie-deul, to answer simply, there's no closure for Min Ho Oppa and I as you can see now.."

You go girl~! That's what we had to say to Shin Hye. A smart and sassy lass. A perfect answer that satisfies even the most erse MinShinner. LOL. 

As we progressed through the interview still without marbles, and we simply forgot about finding them (Logically speaking, how is it possible for us to find them when we were not even capable of remembering as everything MinShin were flooding our mind. Heh!), we remembered how we scrutinized the photos taken and the short video that were available for us who were not invited to the after-party, to such extent that we started to spot for couple items which may be coincidental by nature but we made it into a fact instead! (Hah!) Prominently the infamous pattern: The Red and Black Checkered.

"Did the two of you make it a point to coordinate some of your clothing? Not exactly couple items but more on matching colours, like an all black outfit, maybe matching items or designs, like beanies or leather jackets, or patterns such as red and black checks, or maybe perhaps Audrey Hepburn's pins and etc.?"

"Eonnie-deul~ About the Audrey Hepburn's pins.. I was not even aware of it! Min Ho Oppa just told me that he has his own way of expressing his feelings for me. Oppa then sent a picture of himself with a text confessing to me - along the lines of, I am always close to his heart..."

Even though The Loonies were already spazzing at the answer provided by Shin Hye, the greedy us refused to back down! Who told her to naively open that Narnia Wardrobe for us, we certainly did not force her to! *raise hands up in surrender*

"So are you also saying that Min Ho personally selected the scenes to be shown for his fan meet?" 

Min Ho could only let out a chuckle with much glee which he seemed to us by then, to have lost his marbles too! But who could have blame him? He was more than welcome to join our club!

"Yes... Basically I was sourcing for s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter