직진 - From Reel to Real

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the last time we met, they had to clear their left over schedules even as they rang in the new year thus it was impossible for us to set a follow up meeting right after. However, they were kind enough to extend the invitation to us to attend a New Year's gathering that they had planned a few days later, after the clock struck 12 midnight. We were excited to attend the party because it would be our first time to meet Min Ho's families as well! We had always wondered how their families view this pair of lovebirds. Is it the same as we did? Were there any telling signs that they knew of even before they revealed their relationship to them? Well we heard from our OTP in our previous meetings about how Min Ho was facing a much harder 'obstacle' as compared to Shin Hye in terms of family acceptance. So it made us all the more curious about their story from the family's point of view since then. Particularly their parents! That we almost attempted to visit their parents behind their backs! *evil laughter*

They always say that parents knew their children best. And what's more both Min Ho and Shin Hye are known to be very affectionate and loving towards their parents and were never shy declaring how much their families meant to them. That's why we thought that family was the very reason and the basis for our OTP to remain strong in times of adversity, which only allows their budding love to flourish. How can we ever thank Mr. & Mrs Park and Mr. & Mrs. Lee along with the graces from God, for their gift to the world - The birth of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye before they became MinShin in our eyes. This time around, we did get dressed up as we did not want to be considered rude in front of their elders. Besides that, we even had a better reason to dress up which you will find out later in the story. And since it would be our last meeting with them before the book is published, we wanted to make sweet memories with them and their families and to thank them for allowing us to write the love story of our OTP. It was a bittersweet moment for us but nonetheless we appreciate every single moment spent with them as they will embark on another phase of their lives after the release of this book. We have great faith that their relationship will only get stronger as time passed and that we will still be continuing to support them and their activities come what may. There was not a single moment of regret for us being the fans of these two beautiful people that not only pleases our eyes with their visuals but also how it soothes our hearts knowing that their souls are just as beautiful and just as compatible as their outlooks.

We also came prepared this time with a farewell gift for them as we were not sure when it will be our next time to meet each other (besides the official launching of the book) and to be able to talk as freely as we did, once this book is available in stores, even though we promised to keep in touch with one another. That evening, we were feeling a mixture of emotions that we were not able to pinpoint exactly to give a proper definition of what we were feeling. Maybe because we got really close and comfortable that it was as though we were going through somewhat of a parting with a close family member. Their hospitality towards us can never be undermined as they brave our questions and answering them as in depth as they could go while sharing snippets of their love story without jeapordising information that are only meant to be shared between the both of them since they are naturally guarded about their private lives. That evening, we seek to meet up with them about 2 hours earlier than the time set for the gathering as we need to go through with the last interview before their families came around. They had booked a chateau-like place meant for private functions. It was well-furnished and beautiful. It had a sense of grandeur fitting for our King and Queen of The Heirs. *smiles* They took us to the living area of the private residence and sat down in comfort as we began chatting.

"How are you feeling since this would be the last time we get the chance to 'grill' the two of you with questions like we had done for months now?" asked one of us as we tried to control our overwhelming emotions that was building up ever since the day we received the invite. 

"We didn't realise how interesting and such a refreshing experience it was for us to be able to do this. At first we were wary about how do we go about doing this but as time pass, it only got easier and we only have to thank eonnie-deul for making it comfortable and fun for us throughout the multiple interviews that we had been having. And also for understanding our schedules."

"We have to thank the two of you instead for agreeing to our suggestion and making it possible in the first place. It made us appreciate the two of you more as a pair and as individuals for being a good sport even when we put you in hot seats. We can definitely feel how much you love and appreciate your fans to even be doing this book. It is our pleasure to be interviewing the two of you and it was an honour to be chosen to do so in the first place. What meant to be a short exclusive interview became a book that would benefit not only your fans but also other beneficiaries that the two of you had decided on. And with that, we have prepared a small token of our appreciation for our One True Pairing since 2009."

We decided to do a time capsule for them with items and pictures in relation to the events that were significant to them which were mentioned during our interviews. As they will be busy with their upcoming projects, it was impossible for them to be setting time aside to meet up with us and we did not want to be the additional burden by taking away their rest and personal time thus we have decided to conclude the book and continue to support their journey. And we thought that a time capsule would be befitting to put a closure to the journey they had shared with us. Both of them were clearly touched as Shin Hye almost immediately had tears welling up in her eyes as she looked through the contents of the time capsule. When she finally saw the newspaper cutting of the day Min Ho went into enlistment, she could no longer held it in.

"Shin Hye ya~ The gift is meant for the both of you to share all your sweet memories together since you mentioned that the enlistment period was slightly less pressurising as Min Ho was away from the spotlight."

"Min Ho Oppa did say that. And it made me feel better. But it was still difficult having to see him go away though. For the first few months, it was impossible for us to see each other. And we could only contact each other once a week. But as everyone else needed to use the phone too, I told Oppa that he should be calling home instead of just me. So the frequency was reduced. But I was more worried about his health as he used to have that huge accident back then. I  just did not want him to hurt himself further."

"But dear, I am fine now right? You don't have to cry anymore..." as Min Ho wiped away her tears ever so gently, with Shin Hye looking at him lovingly and apologising.

"I'm sorry Oppa.. But all those memories just came flashing by even without any conscious intention of doing so."

"Now we feel bad about the gift..."

"Eonnie-deul please don't... It's one of the best gift we can ever have. And thank you so much for this. I'm sure a lot of effort has been put in to do this and also thank you for coming to our gathering." 

We could not help but to get teary too with their response. Min Ho was clearly touched as well as he had those genuinely wide smiles on when he saw the pictures of them back in the days of Etude House. 

"I think looking at this photos I am convinced that I was attracted to you even back then... But just couldn't make myself to say it, my dear..."

As we were chatting, soon, their family members made their entrance almost simultaneously. We didn't realise just how in sync their families were! Is this what one would call a harmonious relationship? We know its a bit far-fetch by making such comment but hey nothing is impossible if we live our lives as though everything is a miracle. Anyways, the family members were going to plate some of the food that they had brought along and decided to render our 'help'. The term help needs to serve more than one purpose as we manouve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter