The Push & Pull

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We received a call from the couple to schedule for another meeting. We ended up 'haggling' the terms and conditions for our next meeting after they had to go through the hot seat previously. The conversation went on for a while before we actually reach to a compromisation. Apparently Shin Hye was all in to allow us to shed the cool demeanour and to reveal the quirky and lovable side of Min Ho more than he usually display for his fans and the public alike but it was Min Ho who was slightly reluctant and wanting to keep the image he has painstakingly maintained all these years he has been active in the entertainment industry. Over the phone, we could hear Shin Hye displaying her aegyo to Min Ho and how it was actually helping our sly agenda to squeeze as much information as we could from them for the people who supported them. So we could only thank the lovely Shin Hye for the content of this book. (Komawoyo Shin Hye ah~)  

So we finally met on one afternoon at the second level of Shin Hye's Ommoni restaurant. This time around, her Ommoni recognized us almost immediately. We wondered for a moment how she managed to do so. We were amazed that such Loonies like us would remained in her memory. And this was what she had to say.

"Shin Hye told me about the two of you and how you are interviewing her and Min Ho for a book."

"Really? That's nice of Shin Hye..."

"Yes.. She says she's having fun talking to the two of you.."

We could not help but to coo at her sweet nature but at the same time, the devil in our MinShinner selves, wanted to have Shin Hye's Ommoni by all means to be sitting across us and be questioning about her daughter and Min Ho's relationship. But thank goodness we managed to extinguish that thought of ours when our rationale MinShinner selves took over (Calm down Loonies! You don't want to betray the trust that MinShin have on you! But still... There's no denying that Shin Hye's Ommoni should count herself lucky because two crazy MinShinners who were deprived of their stories, is not good news at all. Hah!) As soon as Shin Hye and Min Ho arrived, the interview commenced over delicious food. 

Since the earlier interview was about the first time they ever met each other, this time around, we decided to extend it further as there was a drastic change in the relationship that they shared when they met again for another CF and photoshoot with the same cosmetic brand, Etude House. We were wondering if they were acting upon their true feelings for each other when they were shooting for the CF as they became extremely comfortable (at least based on what we saw from the video where they were promoting the mascara) within a span of a couple of months from when they first met. The Loonies decided to go on a detective mode. We think this requires a form of investigative journalism as well. We know what we just said, really supported the use of our name. But MinShinners, you do understand our objectives right? It is all for the betterment of our Shippers' heart. (Hah!)

"Min Ho (we spoke in an informal manner by then especially after we managed to 'attack' him relentlessly where he kind of give up on us as Shin Hye got on our side), has Shin Hye ever cooked for you?"

"Yes she has. She is a good cook. It's either her natural talent or Omma has really taught her well..."

"Omma? Are you calling Shin Hye's Ommoni, Omma now? How long has it been since the change in status?"

Shin Hye laughed out loud and Min Ho was chuckling at how blunt the question that we just posed to him. And we, The Loonies kept a straight face. There was no way we were letting him off with the question we just posed. And was it our fault for raising the question? No. Definitely not because he walked right into our trap instead! We're innocent! It's true! Anyways, Min Ho promised us that he would be sharing more details with us on the change of status at a later stage. He further stated that such a story should be reserved for a whole chapter on it, or so he said. For us, we were just excited at the anticipation of the big reveal he had just drum up. So let's just say this is part of the compromisation that we decided on that he will decide when he wanted to reveal it at his own pace. Just that at the end of the day, he is still required to reveal it. (Hah!)

"So since you won't be able to tell us more on that for today, let's do some walking down memory lane shall we? Where we left off? That would be okay for now, right?"

"Neh, eonnie-deul... Of course it's fine.. It's only Min Ho Oppa who is being a worrywort." as she pointed her finger at Min Ho only to be bitten by him, causing Shin Hye to shriek in pain and the ever famous smack came right away with her other hand that was free and landed on Min Ho's side arm! At that point of time, we were wondering if our presence only made them bicker but we were amaze at the rate that they made up right after a bicker. When asked if that was how they usually are in the time they spent together, they stated that it was the case most of the time when they are together and that bickering helps to keep that 'flame' alive as it minimise any awkward factor surrounding them which led us onto the next question that got us questioning about this act of bickering which was obvious during the overseas shooting of Etude House.

"Did the two of you know that you actually started a trend even before it became viral?"

"Eh?" as they queried in unison, "We did? What was it?"

"Ever heard of My Boyfriend does My Makeup? Where girlfriends had their boyfriends doing their make up without any guidance?" Min Ho was laughing as he recalled the time when he applied the mascara on Shin Hye as though he was an expert at it. In that video he even claimed that it was his dream to be a makeup artist! Believe it or not... as he stated in the video. 

"Eonnie, it was the day that Min Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter