The Actor & The Actress

Hard-Hit Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A beautiful baby girl was born on February 18, 1990 in Gwangju, South Korea but spent her childhood life in Paju. She has been in the eyes of the public for most of her life after she made her debut as the child actress featured in the music video, 'Flower' by Lee Seung Hwan. She was born with naturally good looks that stood the test of time. Her beauty has only become more apparent in the recent years and we managed to observe her morph into a mature and confident young lady, but with her babyface still intact! (How unfair is that?! Boo Hoo.) However, we would like to highlight that the process of coming to be comfortable in her own skin and appreciating her own beauty was not an easy journey. What was deemed as cute and pretty features when she was younger, was not regarded as much when she was growing up into her teens, as she did not fit the typical mold of what is considered beautiful by the Korean masses. She had thoughts about going under the knife, which she had revealed in certain interviews, when the public made comments on the shape of her nose and so on. And like any other teenage girls, it was putting her under undue pressure about meeting their expectations, causing her to feel low about herself. Her unique almond-shaped eyes stood out and were beautiful but it became apparent to us that the eyes was looking at the world with a hint of sadness after she showed us pictures of her young self while recollecting her past memories which was bittersweet. But all is not lost as she managed to overcome those negative moments in her growing up life with the support of her loving family and close friends. When asked if she regretted being in the public eyes at such a young age, she mentioned that she had no such regrets because she enjoys acting and being in the public eye is something that she cannot escaped for being an actress. However, there was something that she regretted for holding the status of a celebrity, which we would share at a later stage of the book.

After starring in the music video, it became a stepping stone for her to be an actress in her own right and she finally managed to do so in 2003, when she was casted to be a part of the drama called Stairway to Heaven. She played the role of the young Han Jung Suh - the lead character of the drama played by Choi Ji Woo, a well known actress for starring in high rating dramas such as Winter Sonata that had a star-studded cast. Stairway to Heaven was garnering an average of 38.8% while the final episode charted 45.3% of viewership, that's almost half of South Korea's total population! Shin Hye's convincing acting in the drama led her to gain small acting gigs in the next following years, allowing her to remain in the acting circuit and at the same time, enabling her to build her resume before her big break in 2009 with You're Beautiful, where she was casted as the lead actress. She played the role of a boy-girl twins named Go Mi Nam and Go Mi Nyu. In the drama, she was a young nun and had to be in disguise as a substitute for her male twin, in order to join a popular all boys idol group, when her brother had to undergo a reconstructive eyelid surgery after the initial one was a botched job. Her adorable character came alive and she was gaining the attention of the viewers despite starring opposite flower boys! A term coined for males who are pretty and good looking at the same time. The drama received lots of love outside of South Korea and it also led her to be signed on for 3 years straight as the selected female model, to be the face of a South Korean cosmetic brand, Etude House, which would lead to her first meeting with Lee Min Ho, the actor.

In the early half of the year, Lee Min Ho had his major break through to be the lead actor in one of the most talked about drama even to this day due to its extravagance lifestyle that the characters were portraying and of course the curly-wavy coif that had the actor permed his hair frequently throughout the shoot. Before Lee Min Ho was catapulted into a huge star and even leading the Hallyu Wave, which he received an official recognition, when he was awarded the Prime Minister award in the year 2014, for his contribution in popularizing Korean Culture and Arts. Lee Min Ho was born on June 22, 1987 in Seoul, South Korea. As a young child, he had always dreamt of being a professional soccer player and was even selected for the youth class for soccer, conducted by one of the most respected former South Korean soccer player, Cha Bum Kun. However, his dream was later dashed in his 5th grade when he suffered an injury which would prevent him from pursuing a career as a professional athlete. When he was studying in his second year of high school, he began to nurture his dream of becoming an actor which prompted him to study acting and underwent training before he began auditioning for small roles. Things were beginning to work well for him as he was making an earning through modelling works and acting, but things took a terrible turn when he was involved in a huge accident in the year 2006, which had him hospitalized for a substantial period of time. And he even termed that moment in his life to be the biggest crisis he had ever experienced. There were moments when he was frustrated with himself and was wondering why such an incident had to happen to him. He simply could not phantom the state that he was in and suffered from constant physical and mental pain. He hit rock bottom at that point of time as he was unable to do anything else except to lay in his bed and stare at the ceiling blankly. However, his bad experience, marked a new era in his life as he psyched himself up instead of wallowing in the pits. The love and support that his loving family and his close friends (one of them being the popular actor we've come to know as Jang Il Woo), were showering upon him also aid in overcoming that obstacle, and from that moment on, there was no looking back as he steadily climbed the ladder of success as an actor. And even shared how he later managed to joke that Jang Il Woo's presence during his crisis were both the pain and the cure, as he stated that since he had nothing else to do in the hospital, he had no choice but to watch Il Woo's apperances on television which was depressing but at the same time it also became a source of motivation when he managed to calm his thoughts down. 

Even though the incident had happened a long time ago, as they were sharing these personal stories with us over coffee, a week after the official meeting, they still looked affected especially Shin Hye, as she shed tears after Min Ho opened up about his past in an earnest manner. When we asked if she had known about it, she confessed that she was well informed about it by Min Ho himself, but she could not help herself from feeling a sense of grief that was enveloping her everytime she heard the story. Min Ho was there and ready to comfort her as he placed his arms round her and kissing her temple while whispering comforting words in her ear which helped the sobbing Shin Hye to calm down. As we witnessed the moment, we were affected too but honestly, having three females crying in a secluded and quiet cafe that they frequent as a couple, was a bad idea. Furthermore, we do not have a good looking guy like  Min Ho, at that point of time to comfort us. Shin Hye may cry beautifully but we think if we started crying, it will just be plain ugly as we would be crying from MinShinners' point of view! Which only meant that we were crying tears of sadness because the couple were indeed feeling sad but it could eas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter