Chapter 8

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

As expected, I had a grand entrance when I arrived in school. The moment I stepped out of the car to the classroom, I felt like a celeb in the red carpet. Cameras flashed from everywhere. Everyone was in awe as I made my way to class. I could hear the girls whispering here and there. Others couldn't contain their feels and started following me, asking me endless questions.

 

Kidding.

 

I arrived very early, like I just walked into a ghost town.

And I looked like a zombie.

A panda at that.

Zombie panda.

 

A few students already arrived. But either they didn't care or they were just too jealous of me to care.

Students started to arrive. Our room was filling up with nosy girls and hopeless romantics. Hyeri, Hara and the rest of the girls in class gathered around me... and some from other classes. We still had a few minutes before first period.

You can just imagine how raucous the room was. 

'Shhh...' Hara raised her hand to silence everyone. She cleared dramatically. 'Now let's start from the beginning.'

'I'll ask a question first.' Hyeri pulled me closer to her, grabbing my sleeve. 

Everyone went silent, holding their breaths, holding whatever was close and all eyes on me. 

'How was your first kiss?' she whispered, holding in her excitement.

I looked around them with twinkling eyes and smiling from ear to ear. And then I sighed, slouching on my chair.

'Yah!' I flinched as Hyeri shrieked and slapped my arm. 'You owe us this one. Speak up.'

'Come on guys, all of you saw what happened yesterday.' I said in annoyance. 'How do you think did I feel? He stole my first kiss.'

Everybody hissed.

A smile then started to creep in my face as I recalled in my mind yesterday's incident.

'Then he stole my heart away.' I said dreamily.

'Yaaaah! That's disgustingly cheesy!' Hara snapped. 'On second thought... that's sooooo romantic!' She screamed.

Then everyone went wild again. 

 

*Thinking about it now, I cringe. Ew!*

 

Anyway, we continued spazzing as I narrated everything from the kiss to the bus ride to the amusement park and the call. We continued the storytelling during lunch break until dismissal. I didn't leave any detail untold.

I was the star of the day. Every eye was on me. Green-eyed monsters lurked in every corner. Frenzied schoolgirls kept flocking around me. And I couldn't care less if I looked like a zombie.

I was in cloud nine. 

 

While in class, I kept checking my phone. Jackson had not called or even texted me yet. Yeah, I expected something like that. A phone call or a text message.  I was pretty sure he would contact me.

My hopes were still up until last period. They started to go down the drains when the last bell rang. Still, I put on a happy face as I continued my tale.

As we neared the gate, I gave up. 

 

'What do you expect, Youngji?' I scolded myself.

'Maybe he's just busy.'

'Perhaps he has practice.'

'Or he accidentally flushed his phone in the toilet.'

'He stepped on it and broke?'

 

I'm cracked. I must had eaten my brain.

 

 

[a/n]

This is quite short. But I'll make sure the next chapter is longer... and better.

Thank you again for reading and subscribing. :) Comments are much appreciated.

Have a good one everyone!