Chapter 6

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

5 minutes later.

Side by side. Rear seats or what I call The Lovers' Seats. That was where we were. Me and Jackson.

Wonder how it happened?

Remember I froze at the school gate after seeing THE Jackson Wang? Before I could even bat an eyelid, a kiss landed on my half-open mouth.

Flat.

How is that for a first kiss?

All my notions of a romantic first kiss burst like bubbles, vanished in thin air. 

Everyone, including the boys, gaped. Literally, dead silence fell. Without a word, Jackson grabbed my wrist and walked towards the bus stop. I followed blindly. Before I knew it, I was riding the bus... with THE Jackson Wang.

A good 3 minutes passed before the silence broke. Jackson cleared his throat.

'Hi.' He croaked, head down without even looking in my direction.

I flinched as if someone poked me with a fork. 'Hi.' I answered, surprised at myself for responding. 

I could feel my face burning, heart in my throat. Another five minutes passed before Jackson talked again. He cleared his throat.

'Jackson.' He said, extending his hand. 'Jackson Wang.'

'I know.' I said in my mind but 'Youngji. Heo Youngji' Was what I said softly as I slowly reached for his hand for a shake.

The moment our hands touched, a tingle shot from the tips of my fingers, arm and went straight into my heart. I didn't notice that our hands were clasped for a good one minute, still not looking at each other.

'Sorry.' I pulled my hand from his.

You can imagine how awkward the situation was. I was seated at the window side so I could see our reflections. Jackson was almost at the edge of the seat, looking everywhere but my direction. I could tell that he was anxious.

'Cute~' I thought. My face started to burn again. 'What the heck am I thinking?' I wanted to kick myself.

The entire bus ride was full of awkward silence and tense atmosphere. After a few minutes, the bus stopped and Jackson stood and signaled me to do the same and got off. I followed him without a word. We walked a couple of blocks, still barely looking at each other, in silence. I had no idea where we were going until we stopped in front of an amusement park. My face lit up at the sight.

Jackson went to buy our tickets as I waited excitedly at the side. It was a weekday, a Monday, so there were not too many people going there. That was quite a relief for I really didn't want anyone, anymore, to see us together. For some reasons, I just wanted to spend the rest of the day with Jackson. 

My eyes grew big as a looked around, spun myself with arms flying about like a little girl. It had been years since the last time I had gone there. It used to be my favorite place on earth. My happy place. A cart selling cotton candies caught my attention and Jackson noticed it right away.

'Stay here.' He ran towards the cart and bought a huge swirl of pink cotton candy. My heart melted just like how the cottony sugar melted in my mouth. That was really sweet of him.

We strolled for a couple of minutes just looking around in silence and we just got comfortable with that. At least for me. Deep inside I was thrilled about all the rides and the games but I kept my excitement inside. Our hands brushing each other every now and then. The tingling disappeared but it was replaced by a surge of inexplicable burst of emotions. I was just extremely happy I guess. I totally forgot that he just stole my first kiss... and ruined it. 

'Let's ride the roller coaster.' Grabbing his arm, I pulled him towards the ride. 

After 5 minutes or so...

Jackson's face was as pale as a ghost while mine as red as a lobster. 

'That was sooo much fun!' I was practically gripping his arm with both hands and shaking it. 'Whoah!' Then I went with my soundless laugh with open mouth.

'Yah!' Jackson made a face weakly. 'That was unfair.' He was struggling to gain balance. I was still bouncing at his side.

'Uhmmm... so you don't like rides and stuff?' I asked, confused. 'Why did you bring me here in the first place?'

Instead of answering my question, he pulled a hanky from his pocket at dabbed it on my forehead and temples. 

'You're a mess right now.' His mouth slightly curved in one side. Another hand tucked some stray hair behind my ear and patted my head after. 'That's better.' A wide smile spread on his face, his eyes forming a crescent line.

'Did he just...' I was blown away I couldn't even think. My jaw dropped. 

We left the amusement park after an hour. The entire time there we were just avoiding each other's eyes. We attempted to start some chitchat about random things but it's either we each gave an 'Aaah..', a nod or even a sigh for an answer. We gave up eventually. I sensed that he really didn't like going with the rides so I just bugged him to ride with me in the Carousel before we left. I left the place with a contented smile and budding affection towards THE Jackson Wang.

 

Note: Happy New Year! :) I'm sorry it took me long to update. I am not quite satisfied with this but... Thank you anyway :) I'll work harder next time and I will update ASAP. *NYs resolution ;) *