Chapter 11

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

The remaining days of the week took forever to end. I almost skipped school every day because it depressed me.

*****

At home, unni kept asking me about Jackson and the status of our 'relationship'. She wouldn't stop until I answered her. In the end I told her about what happened.

'Well, he's no good for you. Forget about him.' She said simply. 'Better end up with your childhood sweetheart.'

Of course she was referring to Sungjae.

'Unni, he was not my childhood sweetheart, OK?'

She shrugged.

'If that's what you say. But you better think twice. He's looking fine right now, don't you think?'

Yeah, he did look more than fine than back when we were younger. 

'I think he likes you.' Unni said with a straight face.

'That's not funny. It's not true.'

'Uhmmm... we wouldn't know until he'd say so himself, right?'

'Unni! What are you up to again? Please, stop before you start it OK?'

 

*****

 

In school, I tried to avoid talking about Jackson as much as possible. But my friends always had ways to make me talk. After sometime I gave up.

It's also not in my personality to keep things from people who are close to me. I am very open about everything and and they could also tell if something is bugging me. I can't lie coz every part of my body would betray me. I am very transparent.

Me and my girl friends were at the school cafeteria after dismissal that Friday. I gathered them there to tell them something.

'Girls, I gather all of you here because I have something to tell you.'

They looked at each with impish smiles. And then they focused their attention to me with their noses all sticking out almost sniffing my soul out of my body.

Hyeri, the nosiest one, held my hands.

'Youngji-ya, you know that we are all behind your back supporting you in everything and anything. Right girls?'

The rest nodded almost at the same time.

'Now, tell us.'

I sighed and looked each one of them in the eyes.

'You see... Jackson and I...'

'OMG!' They squealed in chorus even before I could finish a sentence.

'How did it happen?!'

'Do your parents know about it?'

'What did Jackson say?'

'What will happen now?'

'Take extra care from now on. You need to take care of that little angel.'

LITTLE ANGEL?! WHAT?!

'Yaaaaaaaaaaah! What the hell are you talking about?'

I picked up a book and whacked their heads.

'Jinjja! What do you take me for? Aishhhhh...'

'So you mean you are not...' Hara mouthed her next word. 'Pregnant?'

'Yah! Preg... Mwoya! Jinjja!' I almost cried in frustration.

'Did you leave your brains in the comfort room earlier? Someone must have flushed them in the toilet.'

'So if you're... what is it that you want to tell us then?' One of them asked.

I told them everything. They all felt sorry for me and they wanted to wring Jackson's neck once they would see him.

I know my friends were crazy and could be really stupid sometimes but that's what I love about them.

Somehow a heavy burden was lifted off my shoulders.

Before we finally went on our separate ways that afternoon, a genuine smile was plastered on my face. I hoped for at least a stress-free weekend. That was all I wanted.

 

 

[a/n]

I know this is kinda short. I'll make an update by tomorrow or the day after :)

Have a good day!