Chapter 5

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

Lunch break ended like it never started at all. Does it make sense? In short, I didn't get to eat lunch at all. Who could if you were surrounded with girls asking you endless questions which, by the way, I never answered.

Keeping silent and still was the only way I could think of that time to kill everyone's curiosity. It was a waste of energy as well, don't you think? It was very straining. Every time I would hear the guy's name, I lost a huge portion of my huge appetite. Just imagine how many times the name was mentioned.

I gave up lunch altogether. 

All throughout the afternoon, I was staring at the window - staring in nothingness. A couple times or more, Hyeri would either poke my side or secretly whack my head. But I would only give her a blank stare or a death glare. Who would have thought that a simple and fun truth or dare game would turn out this way? That was not even worth mentioning now. 

Sharp pangs in my hollow tummy interrupted my lost thoughts from time to time. During last period, even my empty stomach betrayed me; it couldn't take it anymore. It gave out a loud, rumbling growl that broke the ice during our boring History class. My classmates proclaimed me a hero for saving them from the brink of dying from boredom. But it was me who died in mortification. 

Hyeri and the rest of my friends dragged me out of the room after class. I gathered all the the energy that was left in me and got ready to shove people away. But something was unusual. Instead of flocking around me, girls were running towards the exit. Looked like the girls finally gave up on pestering me about the fair incident. Squeaking and shrieking about, they all looked as if they were all excited about something. Frenzied girls bumped and pushed us away. It was like some kinda salvation or their dashing oppas were waiting for them at the gate.

Me and my friends gave each other looks and just shrugged all the commotions off. That was better. My girl friends already read my mind. I didn't want to talk about THE incident nor hear the mere mention of somebody's name. I knew they were dying to ask me about the whole story but they just let me slip because they knew I was still not over it. They didn't even bring up about my consequence. They were just waiting for the right moment.

'Here, I saved you some.' Hara, my other BFF, tossed me a bag of chips. 

'Gomawo~' I gave her bear hug. 'Now I can live.'  I gobbled the chips in a flash. 

Indeed, a crowd formed at the front gate. 

'What could that be?' We asked each other.

Curiosity won over us and we walked faster towards where 'whatever-it-was' was. We had to jostle our way in the thick mob not knowing what was in store for us at the end. I was a bit shorter than most of the girls so I drowned in the middle of the throng. I had this fighting spirit - which was completely foolish and pointless at the time- surging in me. I couldn't give up when I was already at it.

Blindly, I managed to squeeze myself through the crowd. With the last person hindering my way, I took a deep breath and shoved her away. A victorious grin plastered on my face.

Then, realization hit me hard in the face. My flushed face drained it's color, turning me into a pallid ghost. 'What I get for being nosy.' 

I swear I heard someone gushed behind me. I thought it was Hyeri or Hara or one of the other girls; but they denied it fervently though they said they could have if they weren't too flabbergasted.

Then I heard squeaking, gasping, hushing... then silence fell. All eyes were on me. Poor me. 

Leaning against the wall, one leg propping, was Jackson Wang. THE Jackson Wang. My eyes almost popped out in horror as I saw him scratching his head, grinning. *Cute eye smile tho* Three other boys were with him. One was Sungjae whom I didn't recognize right away. The other two - whose names I later found out- were Jr. and JB. 

Upon seeing me, Jackson straightened up and made his way to my direction. His crew followed suit. Think about F4, Boys Over Flowers... stunning. I must admit, I was stunned for a moment by the sight. It was not everyday that we would see good looking boys in our all-girl school. 

Someone pinched me on the side and I snapped in pain. Suddenly I felt self-conscious over my slovenly appearance. I remembered my hair was in a loose ponytail with some stray baby hair sticking out here and there. I was still a girl after all. Despite the brewing anger inside me, I still cared about my looks. And... I still blush after seeing cute boys, you know. Yeah, after turning red and white in mortification and fury, my self betrayed me. Just like any other girls there, I felt that tingling in my stomach. Blame it to those imaginary butterflies.