Chapter 12

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

/Let's fast forward to two years after./

 

The warm morning sunlight slowly crept through my face making me stir on my bed... our bed. With eyes still closed, I moved my hand on my side to check if the spot was still occupied. But I found it empty.

 

I knew it.

 

Slowly, I opened my eyes and scanned the room.

I was surprised to see my husband, THE Jackson Wang, leaning on the door frame with a tray on his hands. 

'Good morning baby!' He gingerly moved towards me in bed and carefully placed the tray beside me. He planted a kiss on my forehead and tucked in my long fringes behind my ears.

'Morning.' I greeted him with less enthusiasm but with a smile. I stared at him shaking me head. I still couldn't believe that he was at home.

'So, what do you want to eat first? I brought you apple, orange...uhmmm... pancakes... sausages... coffee and juice.' He grinned.

'Or do you want something else? Rice perhaps? Just tell me and I'll make anything for you, my baby.'

 

I cringed.

Even after being together for two years, hearing him calling me baby made my stomach flip.

I would never get used to it. EVER!

 

The guy must be up for something.

I couldn't recall the last time I woke up on a weekend with him still at the house.

'Are you OK?' I asked with a hint of suspicion in my voice. 'Are you fully awake? You aren't sleeptalking or something, are you Jackson Wang?'

'Of course I am very much awake with all me five senses working perfectly well!

'Wait!' I pinched my cheeks. 'Aw!' It hurt. I wasn't dreaming.

Jackson rubbed my cheeks with his thumbs... then pinched them again. 

'Do you need anything? Anything... something you wanna ask?'

'Youngji-ya...' His expression was hurt.

I raised my eyebrow.

'How did you know?' A silly grin spread on his face.

I wanted to throw a straight punch on his face but he was being cute.

'Aish... jinjja!' I smiled in spite of myself. 'I knew it!'

 

*****

 

Jackson left an hour later.

It was a Saturday and nothing was out of the ordinary. Weekends would be our days together... with our families or friends.

Not together, with each other. 

Jackson would always start his weekends early. I would usually wake up alone.

 

It's complicated. 

 

He said he was seeing his friends that day. He didn't mention who but I knew who it was. He should have said 'friend' as in singular form. 

I was left alone at our small but cozy studio. I didn't have plans with my friends that day nor with unni whom I usually hangout with during weekends.

I got loads of school papers to finish.

 

College was hell.

And married life?

It was not living in paradise as well. It's the definition of reality

 

As I laid my things on my study table, I noticed something sticking out from the pages of an old notebook.

Out of curiosity, I took the piece of paper and read the note.

I just shook my head and smiled at the old memory.

The note said:

'I missed you.'

 

*****

 

It was almost midnight when Jackson came home.

I was still working on my school papers when he arrived.

'Tadaaaah! Look what I have only for you.'

'Oh! Thanks!' I said halfheartedly. 

'Just 'thanks'?' You just disappointed me.' He frowned.

'Just like how you just disappointed me, Jackson Wang. Seriously?!' I scowled at him.

We glared at each.

Then burst into laughter. 

 

*****

 

We decided to watch our old videos when we were still boyfriend-girlfriend.

That was our ultimate bonding moment. Boring? Sometimes. 

By the way, what he brought for me were a box of pizza, chicken and a couple bottle of beer.

Jackson knew knew me very well. My weakness... food.

OK. Watching those silly videos was totally repulsive. We were the cheesiest it would make you sick.

But we love watching them anyway. 

Yeah, we are a couple of weirdos. 

 

 

 

[a/n]

yet another short update. /sighs/

sorry about it. i won't make promises anymore. i'll just update whenever i could and make it better.

thanks for reading! :) have a nice day! <3