Chapter 3

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

2 days later. Monday.

Dad left me again. Why did he have to be such an early bird? I didn't take after my father's promptness and punctuality. I got most of my traits from my mother. That would include being sluggish especially in the morning.

Breakfast on schooldays was a must. One time I skipped it and I ended up in the clinic because I fainted. So every morning mom always made sure that I had my fill of food to keep me going the entire day. I was quite active in school: dancing, singing, sports and playing with my friends.

That morning I was very late so I just grabbed a sandwich, an apple and a bottle of orange juice which I ate as I ran to the bus stop. I mastered doing it over time. I reached the bus stop just in time and hurriedly squeezed myself in. I saw some girls from my school and I felt relieved knowing that I wouldn't be alone picking up trash as a sanction for tardiness. The girls looked at me and whispered at each other. I smiled at them unsure what was going on.

Finally, the bus stopped near our school and I got off as quickly as possible just in case I could make it before the 1st bell. Luckily, I did. I was panting when I entered the classroom. I saw our homeroom teacher on her way so I ran as fast as I could.

'Good morning!' I greeted everyone with a bright smile, still out of breath. I stopped halfway across my desk because everyone was looking at me.

'Heol!' Hyeri, one of my BFFs blurted. Confused, I raised my brows and was about to ask when the teacher came in. 

'Yah!' I poked Hyeri who was on my left. 'What's going on?' I whispered.

'Daebak!' she mouthed, pointing at my phone. I narrowed my eyes, not getting what she meant. Secretly, I checked it and saw her message.

'What?!' I exclaimed. Everybody looked at me including our teacher, Mrs. Woo. 'Sorry.' I smiled and squirmed in my seat and scolded myself silently.

Lunch was a total chaos. Right after the bell rang, everyone gathered around me like I was kinda celeb. 'OMG! Does he smell good?'

'Did he ask for your number?'
'You're so lucky!'
'Are you going out already?
'How did it feel?'
"Wish it was me!'

Everybody was talking at the same time, asking questions and spazzing like some crazy fangirls. The news about what happened at the school fair was all over school. Apparently, some of my schoolmates were there and witnessed it. They took pictures of me and Jackson which circulated like a wildfire. And I was the last person to know, obviously. I disconnected myself from the world the rest of the weekend right after I got home from the fair. I didn't go online and turned off my phone which I just on my way to school but didn't bother to check. Almost a hundred text messages came in when I turned it on. 

*so what happened then after the incident Saturday afternoon?*


Sorry this is just a short update for now. But I will post the update soonest :)