Chapter 10

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

I felt every root of my hair pricking as my sister dragged me towards the living room. I thought my scalp would come off from unni's tight grip. 

This scene is not new in our house. It's how we play, brutal.

But don't get me wrong. I love my sister as much as she loves me.

'Mooooooom! Daaaaaaaad!'

'Let me go!'

'Yah! Unni!'

I was ready to attack my sister when I realized we were not the only people in our house. 

Somebody else was there.

Unni finally let go of my hair. Slowly, I turned my head towards the person and focused on his face. My eyes almost popped out as they met the other pair of wide eyes in front of me. I thought I was going to explode in embarrassment.

 

*****

 

Sungjae literally rolled on the floor as he laughed his off. His shocked expression was replaced with exaggerated amusement.

Mom and dad who were also there couldn't help but laugh at how I looked. Only unni did not share the same ridiculous laughter though. Not because she was not amused, but because she was too busy stuffing her face with the food Sungjae brought. 

My face started to crumple as I was about to bawl. My shoulders were starting to shake, tears fell one by one..

 

*****

 

30 minutes later I was sitting at our front steps with Sungjae. 

 

'You haven't changed a bit, have you?'

'Of course I have. I now know how to wipe my runny nose.'

'You still looked gross a while ago.'

'Yah!'

 

We both laughed.

 

'By the way, what brought you here?'

'We moved back to our old place. Does that sound good?'

'Wah! Really?! Of course that's good news!'

'Seriously? You are happy about it?' Sungjae didn't look convinced.

 

Of course it was something I felt happy about. Though it's been years since we played together and we now both found other BFFs, it's still different with your childhood friend.

 

'You don't believe me, huh?' I asked, as if I was hurt.

'OK, I believe you now.' Sungjae's face lit up and he gave me that wide smile which I thought looked more like an evil grin.

 

A moment of silence stretched and we started to feel awkward.

 

'Uhmmm... Sungjae-ya.' I hesitated but I couldn't hold it in. I was curious about one thing.

'Eung?'

'About Jackson...'

'I knew it!' He chuckled.

'Yah! Whatever you are thinking is definitely wrong! I am just curious about something. Don't make any assumptions or else I'll... I'll..' I looked around as if looking for the right words to say.

'Hey! Hey! Relax!' Sungjae burst into laughter again and he kept hitting my arm lightly.

'I know how that little piece of thing in your head called brain works, Sungjae-ya.'

His face turned red from laughing that I wanted to poke it to see if it would actually burst and spurt blood. I could imagine green monster blood gushing. 

'Sorry.' He choked as he tried to pull himself together. 'You still have not changed a bit.'

 

He ruffled my hair and then smoothened it after. It felt good, I must admit. He hadn't changed much. Still the same bully but sweet Sungjae I knew but had become more handsome and taller. 

That was one thing I missed about him. He would always make me cry from embarrassment or from the pranks that he pulled on me. And then comfort me in his sweet little ways.

Back when we were kids he used to let me ride on his back after a fight over some silly games we played or buy me ice cream or cotton candy whenever I got hurt while playing at the park. These adorable gestures he showed made me think that he liked me back then.

One day I asked him if he liked me. He ran home crying. When I told unni about it she started making up stories about how we would end up together, get married and have cute evil babies. She started teasing me and I never heard the end of it. And Sungjae avoided me for 2 weeks. 

Sungjae left after an hour.

That unexpected visit from my childhood friend made me forget about Jackson. We never talked about him anymore nor me avoiding the topic. Instead we recalled our happy childhood memories and talked about school and life in general. There were arguments and teasing in between, of course. That made it more fun and I totally forgot about my dismal mood earlier that day. 

 

 

[a/n]

I hope this update somehow makes you happy. I know you, or most of you thought it'd be Jackson.

Sorry if it disappointed you. :( But next update is almost ready... within a day or two? :)

Hopefully you would like it and I again sorry for the very late update. VIXX has a comeback and I can't focus on this.

Plus, there are still a lot of other things to do. I hope you understand.

Thank you and have a wonderful day! <3