Chapter 7

A Not So Ordinary Love Story

Here's what happened after I got home.

In my room, on my bed.

I was lying on my back, hands together on my chest and legs kicking the air. And mouth wide open. And an occasional muted laugh.

I know, I must have looked crazy... and weird. More like crazy.

And I was doing it for like an hour. If it weren't for my sister who barged into my room looking for... I don't even remember what... I'd probably done it 'til sunrise. 

'Yah!' A dirty shirt landed on my face. 'Hajima! You're creeping me out!' My sister yelled at me.

Slowly, I put down my legs which already started to cramp and hissed at my sister.

I threw the shirt back at her. 'What are you doing here?'

'I'm looking for something.' She said plopping down on my bed. 'By the way, your crazy friends have been calling for like... forever!' 'Can you close your mouth for a second?' 

I gave her a questioning look.

'Oh God! Please bring back my sister.' She threw her hands in the air in frustration. 'Where the heck is your phone?! Why aren't you answering it?! WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH YOU?' 

'Omo!' I flew out of bed and searched for my phone. 

37 missed calls 63 messages 5% battery.

I fumbled as I started scrolling down for the messages and then found the one.

THE Jackson Wang.

Yeah, that was exactly how I saved his name on my contacts. 

 

Hi. Please text me when you get this message. :)

 

I almost dropped the phone.

'Unni! Ottoke?' Squealing, I ran around making my sister leave the room thinking I totally lost it.

'Mom! I'll call 119. Youngji has gone nuts.' My sister shouted.

I tripped on my shoe and fell face flat. Fortunately, my face landed on my mattress kissing the dirty shirt I threw earlier.

Then it hit me.

The kiss!

I totally forgot about it. All I thought about was how sweet and cute Jackson was at the amusement park. 

Gripping the phone in my chest, I in a deep breath. 

Nothing happened. My blood didn't boil. I didn't explode. I wasn't mad. 

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!

I panicked at the weird feeling.

I should have punched him in the face when he kissed me.

I shouldn't have let him bring me anywhere.

Am I starting to really like him?! 

I plunged myself on my bed and muffled my scream. 

 

*****

 

Just read you message. :)

 

One. Two. Three.

I hit the send button and threw my phone in my bed like I just got burned. I hid my face in my palms and waited nervously for a reply.

My phone rang.

My poor soul must have left me for a couple of seconds coz I felt like I just died a little.

My heart hammered in my ears as I gingerly picked up my phone to answer.

'Hello?' I squeaked. I slapped my forehead embarrassed at how I sounded.

'Hi.' Silence. 'Did you get home safely?' Jackson finally said. His voice was husky and it tickled my ear and spread the tingles all over my body. 

'Yes, I did.' I tucked my stray hair behind my ears and blushed. My mouth with a mind of its own opened wide for a muted laugh. 'Thank you about earlier... at the amusement park.'

I bounced on my bed and rolled on my back and flailing my limbs all over. I couldn't contain my feels that I felt like I was gonna burst if I'd stay still.

'You're most welcome.' Jackson said. 'I had a great time.'

'Me too.' I giggled. 

'See you again... soon.'

Jackson wanted to see me again! SOON!

It kept me awake the entire night.

 

*****

 

'Mom, it must be the end of the world.' My sister ran behind mom who was in the kitchen and hugged her. 'I'm sorry for everything. I love you.' She kissed her on the cheek.

I beamed at them as I made my way to the dining table. 

'Good morning!' I chirped.

'I told you Mom, she lost a screw up there.' My sister pointed my head. 'But wait. Mom, the last time I checked I had a human for a sister. When did you raise a panda?'

Mom just laughed and set the table for our breakfast. Dad came after a minute and we were all gathered at the table for breakfast for the first time after ... only God knows when.

'You're early today honey.' Dad reached his hands and pinched my cheeks. 'You'll ride with me to school then?'

My sister had been speechless for a moment, only giving me the look. She kept shaking her head and staring at me.

'You're in love.' Pointing at me, she finally spoke. She chatted about what she saw and dramatically demonstrated it.

 

Mom and dad looked at each other and laughed. 

'Oh my, our baby is now a lady.' Mom clasped her hands and put them in her chest and smiled.

'Am I?' I blushed.

'Ew!' Unni made a disgusted face. 'Did you break your mirror last night? You were frantic and it scared me.'

I tied my hair in a ponytail and that made oit easier for her to grab and pull it. 

'Have you seen your face? You look like a baby panda.'

She continued blabbering about how I looked and how could I be in love.