Chapter 15

Fluffy's Refuge

~Fluffy’s Refuge~

Chenguag’s POV

True to his words, Sehun quit the next day. A new guy was behind the counter, unlike our sarcastic Sehun, we were given someone scary by the name of Do Kyungsoo whom Tao and Lay had taken a liking to and even started calling him D.O. I don't see what they see in Kyungsoo, he scares me. It's like his eyes are looking into my soul. The store wasn't filled with the usual bicker from Sehun and I and the others went on as if Sehun hadn't even worked here, which I was a bit irked at. I sighed while holding a Labrador still as Lay injected something into the dog.

"There we go. All set, big guy, you can let him go now." Lay said and I gently placed the dog down and said nothing. "Do you miss him?" Lay suddenly asked and I didn't have to ask who to know who he was talking about.

"It just....it doesn't feel right, Lay. He was here since I worked here and now...Now he's not." I whispered, I didn't have anyone to bother or reply with a witty comeback to my statements. Sehun was training in his dad's company now.

"You could always visit him" He chuckled and threw the used syringe in a nearby bin and wiped the table from fur.

"Plus, Kyungsoo scares me." I pouted then realized what an unattractive image that must be. "I shouldn't have told you that..." Lay chuckled and washed his hands in the nearby basin and turned to smile at me.

"D.O's not that bad."

Have you seen his eyes!?

Huh!?

Yeah, exactly.

"You and Sehun seemed pretty close those these past few days, you know." What....What are you even- LAY!!!

"What are trying to say?" I asked him and washed my own hands as well as Lay dried his.

"I'm just saying...You guys seemed a bit more...friendlier than the usual friendliness you two have. Did something happen?" He asked.

Psh.

Did something happen?

Eh, we kissed more than once, met up in the park now and then, he let out a few deep secrets here and there and also told me his background story

.... Other than that...

Nothing really happened.

"Meh, the usual happenings. Well enough about the sob stories, what's happening on your side of the world?" Chenguang used 'Subject Change.'

"Oh! Right! I have a date this Friday!"

It's unfortunately very effective.

WHAAAT!!!?

D:

"What!?" I yelled.

"I know right! She's in the same university as us just on the other side of the building, ran into her at the library too, she's really sweet." Lay explained fondly as he smiled, his dimples showing.

EXCUSE ME!!!

But I thought you and I had a little something, something goin' on!? Remember our baby project!? Did that mean NOTHING to you!!?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

I was here first!

"She's a few months younger than me though but that's okay."

Okay, she was born before me...

I was here second!

Two is bigger than one!

"Maybe I'll introduce you to her sometime?" Lay, don't start asking questions if you one day find her not coming to university anymore or even hear from her anymore after introducing her to me.

"Chenguang?" Right! I'm supposed to reply.

"You....I thought...." I can barely form sentences here, man.

"Maybe you and Sehun can join us for a double date sometime if all goes well!"

"Dfhgjgfrthyjbcdsfghj!!?" Okay, now I really can't form sentences here. If emoticons could display itself on faces mine would be this ~> D: .

"Chenguang, are you okay?"

No.

"Don't worry about me. Oh! Gotta go!" I hastily said, not wanting to be in the room any longer and left before Lay could say or do anything for that matter. Maybe Sehun's enjoying himself at his dad's company..


Sehun's POV (Yes, you read it right, Sehun's POV)

I think this place is what little joy I had left.

"And always submit the written reports on time. You're still young, son, so I don't expect much but this will have to do."

Keh.

I had to quit my job at Fluffy's Refuge for this?

"No, you will not work in an office, however in this sub-unit with a few other trainees who will show you what to do. Understand?"

No.

"Good. I'll be off now. If you need me I'll be in my office." You should have stayed there and left me alone. I'm stuck at my dad's company, everything is so big and spacious and everyone's walking around in suites and unfortunately this includes me. Majority of these people are older than me and some are murmuring already about how I'll probably get special treatment because I'm the boss's son.

They're probably right. If I hadn't quit my job I’d probably be joking around or purposely making Chenguang embarrassed.

Chenguang...

I doubt there's a single person here who resembles her in anyway. No one who's daring enough to sleep under the desk or throw me with a phone. At least Fluffy's Refuge was interesting. The people in this place seem so professional and the building is so pristine and well-kept that you'd probably be too scared to even fart in here. I can even see my face on the flipping desk, just how often do they polish this thing!?

"Excuse me, young man?" I looked up and saw a lady holding a stack of papers and files, I nodded in acknowledgment and she suddenly dropped the stack on my desk.

......

Excuse me, lady. But you're not supposed to dump stuff here, that's what the trash bin is for.

"These need to be assorted and the data needs to be written up into a report by the end of the day." She explained.

You want me to what now?

"....This whole stack?" I asked and pointed towards the slowly tilting tower of documents. The lady nodded and walked off leaving me staring at the leaning tower of Urg..

Where's Naruto's Kage Bushin No Jutsu when you need it?

A guy walked passed and took a glance at the stack of my desk and sighed.

"Aw man, I remember when I used to get such a small stack of work. Those were the days. Enjoy it, kid." He said and walked off.

Wait.

SMALL STACK!?

THIS!!!?

Someone take me back to Fluffy's Refuge, quickly!


 

Chenguang’s POV

It’s been around a month now and I haven’t heard much from Sehun. I still attended classes and did my work though and D.O was actually cool. Lay and I, well, yeah…..

“Alright class, in order to raise funds for this fun day and recreational trip group you have to collect some money and maybe even get us a sponsor. These lists are to be in by the end of the week and to make things easier it’s one list per group. So two in a group with one list, okay?” Professor Kyuhyun explained as the collection list landed on the table between Kris and me.

“Right, we are partners…” He mumbled and groaned.

Well, jeez buddy I’d rather pal up with Yixing but it seems like another girl managed to get to the Lays in the store before I could so now I’m stuck with the Kris-pops.

“Luckily for you I know this one company not too far from campus so we can get this in before the week is over if we can.” Kris said and I sighed.

“Why not just go to a small chicken restaurant or something? Free chicken for the fun and recreational day.” I replied. My idea wasn’t that bad, free chicken. FREE! Have you seen the price of chicken these days?

“……..Uh, no. See, this is why we should go with my idea. The company I’m talking about is pretty big and we might be able to get the sponsor too.”

“Alright, okay. We’ll go with your idea, how are we getting there?” I asked, I didn’t have the energy to actually retort much to him right now, I’m hungry, I’m actually not looking forward to work for a change and Yixing likes this other girl. Being the nice me that I am I decided (it wasn’t easy but it had to be done) to let him go. I’m not completely over it but…..

…..

But nothing, I’m not completely over it.


“Remember the girl I told you about on the other side of campus? We’ve decided we’re going to spend the day together on the fun and recreational day!” Lay exclaimed.

I change my mind I’m gonna try and get completely over it.

Sulli and Kai stood by my side, Sulli giving me sympathetic pats and Jongin snickering every so often and not even bothering to be discreet about it. The two walked away leaving me alone with Yixing in the hallways.

“That’s…That’s great, Lay!” Well great for him I guess. I heard someone clear their throat behind me and Kris stood there tapping his foot.

“Are you free right now?” He asked.

Hmmmm…              

I have to go to work now.

“Uh…I have a job to go to-“

“But we have a company to get to and a sponsor to gain.” Kris interrupted me and I sighed.

“Go ahead, Cheng-Cheng. I’ll tell Suho that you’re busy with the school thing. I’m not doing mine today anyway so you go ahead.” Yixing smiled at me. Urg, whyyyy. Why must you make this harder on me man! I can’t not like you in that way if you keep treating me like this! But Sehun and I…..But my feels for Yixing…..

No!

It doesn’t feel right to kiss Sehun and enjoy it when I might possibly like Lay. But there’s no denying Sehun definitely has some kind of effect on me.

“Chenguang!”

I shook my head and saw Kris pointing to the exit and Yixing nodding towards it.

Fine.

FINE.

I’ll go.


“The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go-“

“No.”

“ROUND AND ROUN-“

“I SAID NO!” Kris yelled and face palmed a bit before focusing his attention back on the road. “Also, this is a Lamborghini, not a bus!”

I groaned and crossed my arms as Kris drove us to the company where we’d get our sponsorship or our fundraising company or whatever this thing was. Why did the students have to do it!? Is this even part of my subject?

Also, Kris’s car is amazing, wow, this car is just…Wow.

“Are we there yet?” I asked him.

“Almost. Behave, okay? This is a huge company and all so don’t perform or anything.”
Psh.

Behave and don’t perform.

What am I? Five?

“……..The wheels on the Lamborghini go rou-“

“Do you want to walk?”


Sehun’s POV

I just can’t get used to working here. Compiling data, working in spreadsheets, typing out documents and reports. This is like a huge step from just standing behind the counter and doing my job there at Fluffy’s Refuge compared to this company. The people around here don’t even talk much to me, really.  When they do, it’s something regarding work. Work, work, work. Why haven’t my fingers gotten muscles from all this writing and typing!?

That’s just some of the things I’m dealing with, Haewon’s doing Job shadowing here.

Gosh, why here? When I go to the copy room she’s there, I find these pink sticky notes by my desk and Bubble Tea.

…………….

Okay, the Bubble Tea part I like, can’t complain much about that.

Thank you, Haewon.

I was sitting at my desk sipping on my bubble tea and typing out a report when a woman rushed passed me to talk to her colleague.

“Remember the young lady doing her job shadowing here like the Boss’s son, Sehun?” At the mention of my name I tried to listen in.

“Apparently there’s a scene downstairs with her and two people who came here near the entrance!” She whisper-yelled and her colleague gasped.

“Serious!? Whoa, something’s actually happening at this place!” her colleague said and they both rushed towards the entrance.

Eh.

Why not?

Like she said, something’s actually happening here and it involves Haewon.

When I went towards the entrance imagine the look on my face to see a tall guy standing to the side with his hands on his face and peeing through his fingers at the two girls. A small crowd was formed around them and I got closer to get a better look.

“YOU! I REMEMBER YOU!”

“Haewon! Heeeey, let bygones be bygones eh? Let’s put our differences aside and just move on-“

“You’re the one from the business dinner!”                               

“You have pretty hair?”

“…….Wait, what?”

“Yeah! Nice volume and stuff?”

“Gosh, didn’t I say behave and don’t perform!?” The guy on the side stated.

However, I stared at the scene with widened eyes and kept them on a specific person. I swallowed and walked closer slowly as I neared her.

“…Chenguang?”

 


Chenguang’s POV

Sehun, myself, Kris and Haewon sat in an office in silence. The sound of the clock could be heard as no one spoke in the awkward atmosphere.

This clock is really irritating with its tick tock tick tock business.

Sehun rolled his eyes and let out a long, tired sigh. “I really don’t want to have to deal with this right now…”

You and me both, Sehun. But Li Jianheng Kevin Wu Yifan Kris whatever name tickles his fancy over here I dunno Elizabeth the Duizhang, dragged me here in his cool Lamborghini. He used a Lamborghini what was I supposed to do? It’s not every day you get an opportunity to ride in a LAMBORGHINI!!!

“There goes our chance of getting a sponsor…” Kris muttered and glared at me from the corner of his eyes. Avert thou eyes for ye know not what troubles I face as I sit’th here. Things would have gone smoothly if Haewon wasn’t here!

“Chenguang…Why are you here?” Sehun asked through half lidded eyes. I gulped and looked at the wall. My, m what a lovely shade. Was white always that white?

“Yeah, why is she here?” Haewon grumbled.

“Our university is having a function of some sorts and we need a sponsor-“

“No.” Haewon glared. In the corner of my eyes I could see Kris squeezing a stress ball he’d taken from Sehun’s desk and taking in steady breaths. Yeaaah, Kris, that’s the Haewon effect.

I need that stress ball.

“A sponsor? So you came here?” Haewon spoke up before Sehun could.

“I can handle this, Haewon.” Sehun mumbled and I bit my lip to keep me from smiling. Yeah, he knows how to use those lips for sure, I’d know. Me on the other hand? It’s like a gold fish taught me how to kiss.

Magikarp style.

“I should have come here myself or at least left you in the car.” Kris said with a regretful tone.

WHATEVA!!!

I’M HERE NOW SO TOO LATE!

“You do realize I’m not the head hancho of this company, right?” Sehun raised a brow and I could feel his eyes on me while I avoided his stare.

“I want to see your manager.” Kris said in a serious voice and that smirked afterwards letting out a snicker. “I’ve always wanted to say that.”

“Wu Yifan, right?” Sehun asked and Kris nodded in reply. “I thought I recognized you, you’re usually at those annual business dinners with your family.”

I KNEW KRIS WAS LAODED.

Man do I know how to pick my friends, or what?

Kidding, kidding….

“So, working for your dad now, Sehun?” Kris commented. Haewon was practically playing the no-blinking game while staring at me. It felt like she was going to stare at me in case I did something sneaky. Oh please, my fish is better at this game than she is.

“Unfortunately..” Sehun quietly muttered.

“Look, we just need a sponsor.” Kris said, getting straight to the point.

Yeah you tell ‘em Kris. We’re here on serious business.

Srs business guise, srsly.

“Yeah, and I want to do what I want to do but we don’t get what we want, now do we?” Sehun said, his voice taking a sarcastic tone.

He is asking for some serious Chenguang discipline, Chenguang style. I finally see this limp noodle after SO LONG and he barely greets me with enthusiasm.

Can you feel the love?

Yeah, me neither.

After I’ve shared my food with this guy, tch.

“So are you sponsoring us or not?” Kris rolled his eyes.

OMGAAAARSH Kris, bruh, how do you expect them to sponsor us when you’re giving them sass!? Calm your nostrils, man!

Sehun raised a brow and Haewon’s eyes darted between them to rest on me.

“Well? Yes or no? Kris pressed.

Great.

There goes our sponsor.

I should have seen this coming, with Kris being my partner and all.

First, Lay doesn’t see me the way I see him (someone get the boy glasses, please) and Sehun is currently acting as if we totally didn’t smooch or anything (hubba hubba Sehunnie) while I’m just here. Existing. Also, fearing for our sponsorship.

“Oppa, are you really going to give it to them?” Haewon asked.

Haewon needs some How to be Polite 101.

“Alright, fine.” Sehun gave in and scratched his neck. His father would most likely not be happy about this.

Kris sent a victory smirk my way and spoke to Sehun while Haewon walked over to me.

“He likes you, you know.” She whispered, catching me off guard.

I turned to face her with wide eyes.

What is she saying!?

“Excuse me?” I blinked.

“I’m not saying it again! I’m not blind, you know. How did you not notice!? He’s been staring at you every so often and avoided looking at you a lot through these past minu-mmmppghhj!?”

I put my hand over and had a tight grip on her.

“Shhhhhhhh…” I hushed her, “You are saying things now and they’re not making any sense to me.” I told her. Haewon let out a frustrated growl and I quickly removed my hand only to pull my lips down in a frown when I saw hot pink lipstick on it.

“Ack…” I stuck my tongue out and was about to wipe it off when I saw what Haewon’s lips now looked like.

“Thanks for your help, Sehun.” Kris thanked the boy opposite him and both men turned around only to freeze in their tracks and stare at Haewon and I.

…….

Haaaaaaaaaa

Kris actually has an expression on his face.

“Haewon..” Sehun called to her.

“Yes, oppa?” She smiled.

Oh my gosh.

I got my phone out and tried to find the camera as fast as I could.

“You look like you kissed a clown.”

“What!?” She squeaked and hurriedly covered her face and wiped her lips.

Aw man, just when I found the camera!

Kris sighed and got his car keys out. “Oi, Chenguang. Let’s go, if we’re fast enough we can catch Professor Kyuhyun before he leaves the campus, let’s tell him we’ve got a sponsor.” Kris suggested.

I nodded and put my phone away.

This is it.

Throughout this entire ordeal and Sehun barely even took note of me.

For some reason that made me feel a bit hurt. I thought he’d at least be familiar with me like how we were at Fluffy’s. I guess I was expecting too much.

Haewon ran out to find the lady’s room most likely and Kris was already heading for the exit door. I was about to follow but a warm and firm grip on my wrist stopped me. My breath caught in my throat for a second and my stomach felt like it just did a somersault.

“Chenguang.” Sehun gently called.

I looked at Kris who paused in the doorway, shooting a curious look my way.

Dude, I’m just as lost as you I thought he wasn’t going to even acknowledge me much until now.

“Sorry, Kris, can I just have a few minutes with her?” Sehun asked.

Kris looked at me for my answer but I gave him wide eyes and a puzzled look in return.

Sehun, as much as I’d like to talk to you, you seriously need to work on your timing, man. Kris is my ride home!

IN A LAMBORGHINI!!!!

“Chenguang,” Sehun muttered and I stared at him, it seemed like he had something to tell me. “Please..”

Sehun’s saying please.

NYAAAAAAARGGGHHHH

FINE

“It’s okay, Kris. Go on without me, tell the Prof without me.” I told him, kris sent me one last look and then left.

Well, there he goes.

There goes my ride.

Plus my chance to ride in that Lamborghini again today.

“You can let go of my arm now.” I noted and Sehun slowly let go and cleared his throat.

“Chenguang, we need to talk.”

Sehun was staring right at me with the usual stoic expression on his face. I stared right back.

What?

What, man?

Why you gotta look at me like that?

Sehun wants a piece of this. In this case, I am the ‘this’.

“Chenguang.” He softly said and took a step forward.

YEP I WAS RIGHT HE WANTS A PIECE OF THIS.

“Look, I know I haven’t exactly been keeping in contact in the time that’s passed..” Sehun continued.

If you want it…

“I don’t want to say anything that might sound like some excuse to beat around the bush.”

Come and get it.

“And I feel like now is a good a time as ever to tell you because I don’t know when I’ll see you again.”

NA NA NA NA- wait, what?

“Tell me what?” I asked as I broke away from my pressing thoughts.

“Before I tell you, you’re not…angry at me or anything, right?” Sehun stammered a bit, choosing his words carefully.

I raised an eye brow and huffed, “Psh! Angry! Psh, I don’t hold grudges.”

He ran a hand through his head and grabbed my hand, a flurry of tingles shot down to my stomach but I ignored it as Sehun lead us to sit down on a nearby couch in the office.

“I really thought you would have been angry at me or something, you know.” He raised a brow, I scoffed and folded my arms while narrowing my eyes at him.

“I said I don’t hold grudges I didn’t say I wasn’t angry.” I spat. No, seriously, I think a small spray of my saliva flew out my mouth. Either Sehun was being completely nice by choosing to ignore that (Thank you, this eases my embarrassment) or he just didn’t see it at all. I hope he didn’t.

“So you are angry,” He grunted, “I wouldn’t have been able to tell. Listen, I’m sorry, okay?”

He’s sorry?

For what?

“You’re sorry?”

“Yeah,” he nodded, “I am.”

“Do you know what you’re specifically sorry for?” I’m asking him this because I can totally list a number of things here. All the times he made me feel small, when he ignored me, when he decides to kiss me and ignore me, not to mention stop working at Fluffy’s and not make any contact whatsoever.

Sehun leaned in closer while moving his hand up to my face and moved a strand of my hair behind my ear, I visibly shuddered while he locked his eyes onto mine. His gaze was intense and his hand felt heavy on the side of my face, I looked away brought his hand down, no doubt earning a confused looked from me.

“Chenguang?”

“This isn’t fair.” I whispered and started fidgeting with the hem of my shirt. “This isn’t fair, Sehun.”

Sehun looked completely lost, and I don’t blame him. “What do you mean? Chenguang, what’s wrong?”

I inched away from him uneasily and awkwardly laughed bitterly, “Exactly what I said, Sehun. I don’t understand what’s going on right now. In fact, I can’t if you’re not being direct.”

What am I even saying?

Someone get me duct tape.

Silence is golden.

“I’m not direct?” Sehun’s eyes widened and he let out a cynical laugh, “Wow. Direct? You want direct, alright. I like you, Lu Chenguang. Like, really like you. The ‘I wanna kiss you and hold you tight because you’re mine’ like you.”

But duct tape is silver.

Despite those words that got the butterflies in my tummy so high and my heart beat, Sehun’s expression was frustrated and his eyebrows were furrowed as he looked nothing but stressed and frustrated. Yet, here I am, awkwardly sitting on the end of the couch avoiding direct contact with the man I’ve been wondering about all this time.

But still.

“This isn’t fair, Sehun!” I yelled, “You can’t do this to me now. You can’t just say these things and expect everything to be fine, that’s not how things work. I’m not even sure about my own feelings right now!” I yelled back at him and patted my hand against my chest as if he could see inside me of how unsure I was. That would be scary, though. I’d feel exposed.

“Your own feelings? Oh, I almost forgot,” He cynically chuckled, “You like Lay, right?”

That caught me off guard. I think I know what books mean when they talk about ‘choking on your words’.

That was a low blow, man. Seriously Sehun, not cool.

“Sehun, honestly, I’m confused right now.”

“You’re confused!?” He exclaimed in a tone that suggested I didn’t even have to right to even be confused. “I just told you I like you, what’s so confusing about that!?”

“THAT!” I screamed, “That’s confusing. You showed me no signs whatsoever that linked to you even liking me! I thought maybe even thinking of me in that way would disgust you, you barely say anything relatively nice to me! Yet, somehow, I’m the bad person here!? Was I supposed to smell that you liked me, Sherlock!?”

Selock?

 Ohlmes?

Selock Ohlmes?

“I’m telling you now, aren’t I!?”He inched closer to me and grabbed me by my shoulders, “Tell me you felt nothing when we kissed. Look me in the eye and tell me it was nothing, and I’ll let you go.”

I reluctantly sighed and faced him, yet I couldn’t get the words out. It’d be lying if I said that I felt nothing. Unfortunately…

Chenguang don’t tell no lies.

My mouth remained shut and my expression as guilty and sorry as ever. That look does so not fit me.

“Exactly, you can’t.” He mumbled and let me go.

“Sehun?”

He opened the door and stuck his hands in his pockets. “Go. Until you can sort your feelings out, don’t make this any worse than it already is. I shouldn’t have said anything.”

Angst.

Angst everywhere.

I slowly got up and regretfully walked to the door but before completely leaving, I turned around looked him in the eyes, “I’ll come find you when I have an answer for you, Sehun.”

He said nothing in return, didn’t even look at me. He closed the door and I sighed exhaustedly.

At least….we got a sponsor.

I wonder of Kris is already at the-

Oh no.

I don’t have a ride home!

OH SEHUN!!!

 


Chenguang’s POV

The fun and recreational day felt more like hashtag single and Yixing’s getting a girlfriend soon day.

Seriously.

Wasn’t I obvious enough?

What would it have taken for Yixing to notice me? Did I have to literally spell it out in the clouds for him with those airplains or something?

May I just say I am not a fan of that booth giving out ‘fortune’ cookies? I went to them and got myself one only to break it open, eat the cookie and unravel my ‘fortune’. Guess what it says. Never mind I’ll just tell you.

Senpai will never notice you.

In case you’re curious about what happened afterwards, I ate the slip of paper with those words on it and walked away from the booth.

That crispy, tasty fortune cookie tasted like sawdust with a hint of paper and ink.

Well that’s the last time I ever visited that booth.

I remember looking up with a blank look up at boy giving me a fox-like grin as he waved a fan ever so casually to cool himself down. I recognize him anywhere, Kim Jongdae otherwise known as Chen. OF COURSE HE’D DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Those two were practically together for the entire event, no wait, THEY WERE.

I considered maybe hanging out with good old Wu Krispies but he was much too busy and, get this, it’s surprising, he was hanging out with his friends. Yeah, Kris has friends!

I caught sight of Yixing again and was about to run up to talk to him but he turned around and there she was. Clinging to him. Smiling and beaming up at him.

D:

……..

OPPA!?

This is probably one of the worst kind of bystander effects I’VE EVER BEEN IN.

Wait…

……What is she-

DID SHE JUST STAND ON HER TIPPY TOES AND KISS HIS CHEEK?

D’:

I’ve seen too much!

He’s even laughing and giggling!

I really have seen too much!

TOO MUCH

NOEYA

That is it.

I am done.

Zhang Yixing, I am so done with you, man. Just give me some time first though, I need to process all of this first there’s too much happening. I haven’t seen Sehun since that awkward encounter and his dad’s practically sponsoring this whole event which I ain’t even enjoying.

I am so…am I upset?

I think I’m upset.

Chenguang doesn’t do ‘upset’, okay?

I am as happy as a rainbow and as jolly as a jelly!

Yeah!

That’s….That’s what I am!

I’m…I’m cool bananas, yeah? I laughed to myself and spread my lips into a grin as I nodded to myself. I can handle this, I’ve been through some things but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle! There’s no need to make a fuss about this, I know! I could always buy a toffee apple or even some spicey rice cakes, mmm. See? I…I can totally…This is….aaaaand I’m upset.

This jelly ain’t so jolly.

It’s not even raining, there’s no rainbow.

Suddenly, I remember the events from last time when I saw Sehun.

“This isn’t fair, Sehun!” I yelled, “You can’t do this to me now. You can’t just say these things and expect everything to be fine, that’s not how things work. I’m not even sure about my own feelings right now!” I yelled back at him and patted my hand against my chest as if he could see inside me of how unsure I was. That would be scary, though. I’d feel exposed.

“Your own feelings? Oh, I almost forgot,” He cynically chuckled, “You like Lay, right?”

Right, not sure of my own feelings.

Psh.

I’m sure I’m upset now. I wasn’t a fan of those stories where girls couldn’t make up their minds about which guy they like but look at me now, I’m one of them.

Exactly how am I supposed to just get over what I felt for Yixing? It’s not as easy as changing clothes cause then I’d head right down to the Gucci store or even Dolce & Gabbana but even then it would be pointless because that is not in my budget and my purse is already deflating.

If only this was as easy as rock-paper-scissors, kawi-bawi-bo, jan-ken-pon take your pick it’s basically the same.

You know what.

This is not totally the dumps of my ‘love life’.

I already decided I’d let go of Yixing.

Sweet, caring and wonderful Yixing who I’d love to take home with me. This is it, Dimples. I’m letting you go.

It wasn’t an easy decision and for sure, I can’t just discard all those feelings just like that. If my feelings for you were in the form of a burp, I’d gladly let it go. Better out than in!

Okay.

There was a nicer way to put that.

Just sugar coat what I said with euphemisms.

But you get my point.

Time, I needed time.

Time to think, time to get my thoughts together, time to decide and time to make a choice.

Then, I’d give Sehun my answer.

Then, I’d let go of Dimples.

It sounded simple enough but obviously it’s not.

AAARRGHJHHGJHGJHGJHGJHGGFHDSDSDSDFJSKDLDJFLDFGJDFJH

Okay!

Calm down Chenguang! You can do this! This was bound to happen eventually, it’s not fair to Sehun and Yixing doesn’t see me in that way!

I can totally do this.

With one last look who caught my eye and gave me a beaming smile I audibly groaned. He is not going to make this easy for me…

He’s got dimples, man….

Sigh.

I need to go on a Yixing diet.

He’s too sweet. Who am I kidding, he’s awesome and sweet but…I gotta stop this!

No!

No, no, no!

Dimples, behave yourself, okay!?

With what little courage I could muster, I waved back at him with a small smile of my own and hurriedly turned around.

That just proved to me how this was not going to be easy.

Urgh!

This was all so confusing, where is the sense!?

Oh, what have I gotten myself into?