Chapter 10 : The loner, the egoistic, the lifesaver, the supporters and the desperado

What The Night Doesn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"If you know me so well, how can you not know that I'm not okay?"

 

 

In class 2A2, Mr Hong was evaluating all the students in the the whole grade to arrange back all the clss. It wasn’t a problem to Eun Rim as she just sat there, relaxed. She did not to worry much because she scored the results in the latest tests perfectly. She looked away, not interested.

 

“Oooh, we have a new surprise here!” Mr Hong exclaimed, raising up their interest incuding Eun Rim. When those words came out from his mouth. There could be only two things—either some got dropped out or some got in, replacing the students in the class. It’s the A-class afterall. Only the the top scorer is qualify to study there. “Aren’t you scared” Jungkook whispered.

 

She shrugged. “Should I?” Jungkook smiled. “Of course” She raised her eyebrow.

 

“Just wait. I have a surprise for you”

 

“What? Are you going to be dropped out and suddenly a-only-god-knows-student replace you? Tch, Jeon Jungkook. Try harder” She whispered back and ended with some sarcastic laugh. Jungkook turned his head towards Eun Rim and faked a shocked face.

 

“Woah, you guess it right!” Eun Rim looked at him, annoyed. “Like it will be. With those brain of yours, you want me to belie—“

 

Mr Hong suddenly called out Jungkook’s name. Eun Rim was startled by it and Jungkook gave her I-told-you-so face.

 

“From now on, Jungkook will be getting into 2B2” The whispers started to get loud each second. They couldn’t believe it or more to couldn’t believe it. Jungkook, the student who got into class 2A2 with his entrance exam. Needless to say, he transferred in their second year in high school. Surely, he made some name for himself already.

 

Then, the door was opened and  a girl walked in. The new classmate, the one who replaced Jungkook. The one who will sit at Jungkook’s place. The one who will sit next to Eun Rim. She looked up, seeing the new classmate.

 

Eun Rim looked out the window, not wanting to accept that Hyerin was going to be her new deskmate. She sighed in annoyance.

 

“Eun-ah, you’re not going to send me away?” Her eyes flickered at how casual Jungkook accepting the news. Somehow, he even looked happy. Without replying, she stood up and Mr Hong looked at her immediately. “Anything I can help you with?”

 

“I want to accompany this friend of mine to his new class as he looks so eager to go there” She glared Jungkook. “Now” Mr Hong looked startled by it and remembering Eun Rim’s status in the school, he nodded. “Of course. Don’t be too long. Class will be starting soon”

 

“Is there something going on between them?” The whispering had started eventually after Eun Ri went out.

 

“Wait a min—Eun Rim is accompanying him. That’s new” Sehun’s deskmate spoke. “ They are an item. So obvious” He added but Sehun still didn’t reply.

 

“Yea Sehun, is it true? Eun Rim and you are not in good terms anymore. Welcome to the club. The invisible ones. It’s really amazing how you just say those truth to her face. She needs to up a bit of truth, you kno—“

 

“We’re just not talking. That’s all. Mind your own business?” Sehun rested his head on the table, thinking the things that had happen between him and Eun Rim a month ago.

 

Two months. Not talking to her. Not joking with her. Not teasing her.

 

He felt suffocated.

 

 

 

 

 

Eun Rim walked to the school library. It was lunch time and she was skipping it. In fact, she had been skipping them for nearly a month—after she fought with Sehun. She couldn’t sand being on the same table with Hyerin and just thinking of it made her felt sick. How can people her expect her to act naturally even it’s in that kind of situation?

 

She’s still a human. She’s only 17 and she didn’t think she can put on the straight face long and kept on using the sarcasm. It’s tiring. Jungkook’s right. It’s hard not to be able expressed herself. If she did, she’s too, afraid to look at her own scars. The scars healed but they’re still there.

 

It’s there, reminding herself that’s what she got after being…. her. It means she needed to wake up and she wanted to stay in this mask longer.

 

She’s hungry but she did not want to eat outside. It’s enough that she looked like a total loner today. Jungkook’s gone to some class she’s sure she would never get into. Sehun had his that Hyerin girl next to him now. Same class. Same lunch table. Partners in assignment. Walked back home together. Date at Heom Café.

 

Irony. She had always done the same things with Sehun before. Occasionally when she felt like to, she would walked home with Jungkook. It’s not like she did not trust Jungkook. Actually, they’ve gotten much closer than before. It’s true that she’s more comfortable with Jungkook more than Sehun. It’s true that Jungkook’s  a lot nicer that what he actually seemed, He’s warm but Eun Rim couldn’t afford to lean on Jungkook just because he had reached out to her.

 

Eun Rim had taken it but she’s not sure if she wanted to hold on to those hands for a long time.

 

She’s afraid that he would also left her. When love put first, friendship are aside. That’s hard when you actually have a guy friend.

 

Upon remembering the time in the class before lunch, she felt really tired. Acting that she’s not affected by that Hyerin girl and Jungkook moving. It’s truly difficult for her. To make matter worst, She did not have a partner for the assignment. She did it all alone. What a loner. She only could held her head high and act usual. 

 

She kept on saying to herself that she’s okay.

 

Sehun would obviously chose her girl a.k.a the new classmate to be his partner. Then there was her, standing alone when everyone had someone to talk to. All alone when everyone was doing it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter