Chapter 9 : The new scar

What The Night Doesn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"People don't change. Feelings do"

 

 

“Hmm wait? Old friend? Wait, let me think first. Ahhhh… you must be from that ordinary school, right?” Eun Rim feigned ignorance, naturally shrugging off Cho Hyerin—Haylene’s attempt—to sway herself. It was a luck to Eun Rim that she met Hyerim when she’s all patch up. No matter what, she won’t let Hyerin to step into her life.

 

Not after what she’d done. Not after she—Eun Rim pushed all those memories away and quickly gained back herself. “Guys, remember that I’ve studied for that public school in middle year?” Taeyeon and Baekhyun nodded at the statement. “Eun Rim-ah~ You’ve must suffered right? With eating all those lunches. Ugh, only God knows what pain you’re in being elite among ordinary. That must be hard for you” Baekhyun made a sad face and Eun Rim chuckled in return.

 

“So… you two must know each other already, right?” Taeyeon asked. “Well kinda but not to that ‘friend’ extend” She made sure herself sounded the new her, if that’s what Hyerin wanted to use against her. “Right of course you are. You’re the chic ice princess that everyone wants to befriend but sadly, only three of us made so far” Taeyeon childishly sighed and earning laughter from the rest. “Count me in so that make it’s four now” Hyerin made her way into the conversation which they laughed too and of course, Eun rim kept that smirk on her face.

 

“Umm… sorry? What? Who’s your name again? Hye… Hyerin…right?” She said the name with an indirect disgusting tone. Hyerin gritted her teeth and nodded. “Yea, it’s Hyerin. Don’t you remember?” She looked directly at Eun Rim’s eyes, trying to make sure.

 

“Ahh sorry. My mind will easily forget things that are not important, stuff that is not necessary. Sorry tho. Maybe you somehow get into that list too” Eun Rim faked a laugh and a bitter face formed on Hyerin’s face. Right in your face, effing life betrayer! “We’re in the same class. We’re always together. You and I, we’d stayed up late chatting. Girls’ night out on school holidays” Hyerin suddenly stood up. Her eyes glistening with tears. Eun Rim just stood still, looking at all those fake drama.

 

“I’ve always wanted to meet you again. I feel….very…disappointed and.. hurt, Eun Rim-ah” Then, Hyerin ran out from the cafeteria and Sehun—out of all  people—ran after Hyerin which gave a shock at Eun Rim. Sehun had never chased after someone. Never. Well, never with Eun Rim. Not that she recalled any. He just wouldn’t. Ego mattered.

 

When Eun Rim was having a very fun time to say those mocking things to Hyerin. Sehun just needed to interrupt and ruin those moments. “What’s up with him? Backing up the new girl and all? Ugh”

 

“Eun Rim, you know it’s kinda mean that you acted like that” Taeyeon stated which she received a glare in  return. “Fine. Whatever. Since when I’m a goody little two shoes anyway. I’m not that friendly with strangers. You guys know that” Baekhyun quickly agreed with Eun Rim.” Remember that time when she won’t even look at us when she first met us” That earned a small laughter from Eun Rim.

 

“But—“ Just before Taeyeon tried to justify more, Eun Rim opened up a new topic and with that, they spend the time normally.

 

“Oh by the way, where’s Tao? Haven’t seen him. Is he sick?” Taeyeon and Baekhyun looked at each other before replying, “He moved to China after the first week you’ve been missing”

 

 

 

 

 

The Hyerin—Eun Rim drama surely didn’t end in the cafeteria. Much to her dismay, it continued in 2A2. Eun Rim looked in annoyance at Hyerin who’s been sitting at her place. And much, much to her annoyance, Sehun was sitting next to Hyerin.

 

When she was about to enter the class, her mind races to what she’s going to say to Jungkook after a month of not meeting him. Then, she saw Sehun laughing with Hyerin which she verily noticed that Hyerin’s been sitting at her place and Oh Sehun sit at Jungkook’s place. She searched Jungkook throughout the class and unable to find him.

 

“Excuse me, but isn’t this my place if you already notice” Hyerin just sit there, not moving, head down. Is she trying to look like I'm the one who's bad here, huh? So then, let me be one! “Don’t you hear me?” She blew off her bangs and her y mode had . Eun Rim tapped her finger on the table impatiently. “YEA!!!” she pushed away all of Hyerin’s books on the desk. “This place… you want to know something? I think you’ve mistaken about your class. This class is for the A-list and based on your looks, I don’t think you’re that smart enough and my friend, tch. I don't recall any memor—“

 

“Stop it, Eun Rim!!!” Sehun shouted, making the class fell into a complete silent. He bored into her eyes which Eun Rim looked away. “Look, I don’t know what’s wrong with you but you sure are rude as hell. Yoo Eun Rim, this world is not only revolving around you. Sure, you can do anything and mock others as freely as you want. Oh right, you’re the Yoo Eun Rim afterall. How come you’re here and made everything chaos back? You think I’m going to feel happy seeing you being a jerk like this? Hell no! Heck, you could’ve been gone for months and you’re not going to be remembered especially by me if you’re going to continue being immature like this ”

 

“Ahhhh and same thing for us, I could easily forgotten anyone and that’s Eun Rim—including you”

 

If anyone, anyone would look her from behind the mask she’s wearing, she’s sure how they would be surprised how her eyes were b with tears. Behind that mask, she was hurt. It was a pain thing to hear and swallow what he had just said.

 

All those words came from her Sehun, the only one she’d actually thought as a true friend. She wondered if Sehun was too blind to see her true self. Sehun had always been with her. Backing her up and not making things hard for her.

 

It’s amazing how you can hear your own heart being crushed. And for the first time, Sehun seemed so far from her. She kept the passive face and she didn’t reply, scared that anyone would notice how croaked her voice right then. In the students’ eyes, they thought that Eun Rim was truly an iron girl. Her face said it all. It was neither looked hurt or pleased. They looked numb.

 

“Come, follow me” Sehun took her arm and tried to pull her outside the class. Eun Rim pulled back her arm. “Oh, why should I? I don’t know what’s up with you but I’m sure as hell, you—oh shoot, what’s your name?”

 

“Ah right. Look. I think our mind works the same. I do easily forget people who’s not worth remembering either. And whoever your name is, you’re on the list.  I don’t think there’s a need to talk longer. So please, mind your own business. This world too, doesn’t revolve around you” There, how much Eun Rim tried to hide her own feelings. Sehun seemed to taken aback by this and he tried to reach out for Eun Rim and she pushed his hand away. “Eun Rim, I am really sorry. It’s not Sehun’s fault. He’s just—“

“Look. Don’t you hear me new girl? You and this friend of yours can do anything you guys want. Just don’t ever. come. near. me. Oh and do make sure find your own place back. I don’t like it when someone not in my circles sit here”

 

“And you—“ Eun Rim faced Sehun, “I don’t think my desk mate like it either that you’re sitting at his place. He didn’t like it when someone touched his belongings. So stay away. As far as possible. I mean it"

 

I won’t come near you again, Oh Sehun. If that’s what best. I guess you just find someone worth to be protected more than me. That’s fine. You’re just like anybody els

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter