Chapter 8 : The old 'friend'

What The Night Doesn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Running away is in my gene"

 

 

Sehun looked upon Eun Rim’s house in a long stare.

 

I wish you’re here Eun Rim-ah. It’s been lonely without you… I miss you.

 

 

 

 

“Miss Eun Rim, your dinner is ready” The maid, Nara softly called Eun Rim from outside her bedroom. As usual, only silent followed her as Eun Rim’s reply. After she was brought back from hospital, Eun Rim became more cold, more distant and more heartless than before.

 

Nara thought that Eun Rim was too far to reach out. She hid herself in the deep sea and just showed the surface to the people. Appeared as cold, brutal girl but sadly, no one had actually saw what once a really stunning lady she was.

 

She was like the Cinderella. Leaving her glass shoe for the prince charming to pick up. The prince did, but who said the prince charming gave back the shoe to her because of love?

 

What if the prince charming was actually just too kind not to let Cinderella down?

 

What if the prince charming was actually too kind that he couldn’t bear that someone as amazing as her could live a poor life?

 

What if—No, Eun Rim never hope though. Expectation kills so expect less. False hopes are disappointment.

 

Nara sighed and echoed to Eun Rim, “Don’t forget to take your meals, okay? If anything, I will be at my service” She went down and did the dishes.

 

Eun Rim looked up from the book that she’s been reading. Picking up her phone, she checked the phone and saw Sehun’s text—lots of it, that she hasn’t read. But she noticed that Sehun stop texting her. It’s been three weks and he hadn’t text any. All the messages Sehun had sent her was from the first week of her absence.  She’s scared if she opened them, she would let herself stopped from running away. So she turned the phone off and splashed her face with water.

 

She looked directly at the mirror. She saw herself and muttered, “Let’s just keep on running, okay? That Haylene couldn’t touch you. She didn’t has the power to. Haylene would never brave enough to face you. You… are the heiress. Let Haylene be with her bullness. She’s in no need of your concern. Remember. You are Yoo Eun Rim and you’ll be okay”

 

Eun Rim, breathe. Okay. No emotions. Let’s just run. Let’s just avoid.

 

 

 

 

 

Eun Rim’s stomach grumbled and she made her way to the kitchen. “Eun Rim” She heard her father called her in the living room. WAIT. APPA IS BACK? FINALLYYY!!!  “I’m here, appa. When d—“ She stopped when she noticed the aura surrounding her father.

 

This was not good. “Eun Rim?” Her father spoke her name in a way she felt—in a tiger’s territory. “Hmm?”

 

“How long are you  planning to skip school?” Shoot! That’s fast!

 

“Uhh… What… Since when di-did I skip. That’s very nonsense, appa” She stammered slightly.

 

His father’s lips curved up into a cunning smile. “So you’re not skipping, right?”  She answered confidently. “Of course”

 

“But the principal called me to announce his worry over your attendance. It’s been like…. Nearly a month. Zero. ZERO. Attendance. Care to explain?” Okay, Eun Rim, think, think—

 

“Ahhh  about that. Actually, since  you’ve been gone to UK for months… I.. I kinda lost my spirit to go for a while”

 

“Ahh so a month is your ‘a while’, huh?” Mr Yoo sharply replied. “No. Umm, it’s not like that, you see..”

 

“I’m a quick learner so I feel very bored in class when the teachers teach me the things that I’ve been studying earlier. Heol, I’ve been studying reallllyyy hard, appa. So I think that it’s okay if I just stayed in home. Don’t worry appa! No one’s going to snatch my 1st title! I promise”  Pheww, that was long Please, please let him believe it! “But that zero attendance surely going to ruin your record, dear” Eun Rim looked at her appa with raised eyebrows. A smirk played on her lips.

 

“Appa, you’re the chairman, remember?” Mr Yoo scrunched his face and shook his head slowly and ended it with a sigh. “Appa wouldn’t help you this time” Eun Rim looked at his father in shock. What?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter