Chapter Nine

Rememberance
Later that same day, after Jinah came back from the cat café, there was still another half an hour of the lunch break left. So, she decided to head back to her friends who were still at the cafeteria.
 
"Oh, Jinah unnie, you're back!" Sara happily greeted. Jinah put down the flowers and took a seat next to Miya.
 
"So? How did your lunch date with Jayden go?" Miya asked before taking a sip of water from her water bottle.
 
"Well, at first it was a little awkward. But when we were with the cats we got to know each other a little better." After, she updated them on the lunch date and everything else. Lunch soon came to an end and everyone headed back to start their shifts.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
Hours passed by at the busy hospital and finally, Jinah's shift came to an end. While gathering her stuff, Jinah's cell phone rang.
 
 
"Hello?" she stopped what she was doing and answered the phone.
 
"Hello? Jinah-ah, it's appa." An older man's voice said on the line.
 
"Oh! Appa. I'm done for today."
 
"Ah okay, be ready 'cause we're on our way now."
 
"Ah okay, see you soon. Bye."
After the call, Jinah got all of her stuff and also didn't forget to bring the bouquet that Jayden had given her today. She then headed down to the hospital's entrance to wait until the limo came. A moment later, her ride arrived and now the Park family made their way to their destination.
In the silent car ride, Jinah broke the silence with a question, "So appa? Where are we going?"
 
"Well sweetheart, for a while now, we've been looking at apartments."
 
 
 
"Wait? A-are we moving to Seoul?" a confused look was clearly seen on their daughter's face.
 
 
 
"No Jinah, it's not for us," Jinah's mother chimed in on the conversation as well.
 
 
 
"Then, who is it for?"
 
 
 
"This apartment hunting is for you. We did this so it would be easier for you to get to work everyday." Jinah's father further explained the situation.
 
 
 
"Please don't misunderstand us. It's not that we don't want you in the house because we love you very much. We just want you to start experiencing how to live on your own," Jinah's mother said as she tried to keep herself from getting emotional. Jinah just nodded her head that she understood her parent's reasoning.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
House #1 - 
 
Type- Villa 
 
Location - Gangnam Seocho
 
Bed/bath - 4/2
 
Rent -   W 4,000,000 KRW/ Month
 
 
 
"First off, I would like to ask you, Miss, do you have a specific location you'd like to live?" the realtor asked as the four of them were outside standing in front of the villa she wanted to show them first.
 
 
 
"No, I don't have any specific place in mind." The young woman replied. The realtor smiled and then continued to give the Parks the tour of the villa.
 
 
 
When Jinah walked around examining the house, she felt that she liked the idea of living in a villa but the inside wasn't her style.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
House # 2 - 
 
Type - Villa
 
Location - Hanam
 
Bed/bath - 2/2
 
Rent- W 3,000,000 KRW/Month
 
 
 
"Okay, you can take a look at this home and tell me what you think," said the realtor.
 
 
 
Jinah and her parents looked around the apartment. They felt that every room was too small and difficult to walk around in. Jinah agreed that she couldn't see herself living there and having guests over. The Parks left to go find the realtor.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________
 
House # 3
 
Type- High- Rise
 
Location - UN Village
 
Bed/bath - 4/3
 
Rent - 4,700,000 KRW/ Month
 
 
 
The realtor apologized that it wasn't a villa just like the last two houses they saw. Then, after a few minutes, they were inside the house. Jinah seemed to like everything about it. Just as they bid the realtor goodbye, Jinah's mother noticed a young handsome man carrying his groceries walking towards their way.
 
 
 
"Omo! Honey, doesn't that boy look a lot like Andy and Solbi's son?" Jinah's mother said as she tapped on her husband's shoulder to look in the direction of the young man.
 
 
 
"Honey, I think you're right. What was his name again?" Jinah also turned to see the young man that looked familiar to her as well.
 
 
 
"Is that Doctor Daniel Lee?" she muttered loud enough that her parents could hear only the name.
 
 
 
"Oh! I remember now, it's Daniel!" Jinah's mother finally remembered. Then, they walked over to the young man to talk to him.
 
 
 
"Um...Excuse me. By chance, are you Andy Lee's son?" Jinah's father said as he caught up with the young man.
 
Daniel turned around to see who knew his parent's names. He saw an older man that looked like he was in his early 50's and was a little out of breath.
 
 
 
"Yes sir. I am their son," the young man politely replied then did a 90 degree bow.
 
 
 
"Do you remember me? My wife is best friends with your mother." the older man gave a little hint to Daniel to see how his memory was.
 
 
 
"Ah yes! You're Park Jae Rim, CEO of Park Hospital."  With that said, Daniel generously decided to invite the Parks over to his home for dinner which was the building next to the apartment they just visited.