Chapter Twenty-Seven

Rememberance
After eating lunch and the dishes were washed, the two headed back to the living room so that they could finish unpacking the last box.
 
"Ok...let's see what's in this box," Jinah said as she sat down on the floor.
 
Daniel nodded and opened the box using a box cutter. When Daniel put down the box cutter on the table, Jinah opened the box and inside were some old photo albums. Jinah took one of the photo albums out and went to sit comfortably on the couch to look through it. While Jinah was looking through the photos, Daniel was emptying out the box when he saw a rolled up poster.
 
“Hey! You still have this poster of Lee Hyori? I definitely remember you were a big fan of her and her group." Daniel mentioned.
 
Jinah looked up and told Daniel that she was still a big fan of hers. Daniel nodded his head then suggested that she hang it up. Jinah replied that she would hang it in her room later. As she turned to another page in the photo album, Jinah was shocked to see the same picture that Daniel had framed on the mantle of his apartment.
 
"Daniel-ssi! Come here, look! I think I've seen this exact photo at your apartment!" Jinah called the young man over.
 
Daniel put down the poster and sat on the couch with Jinah. “You're right! I do have that same picture. So, do you happen to know who that little girl is?” Daniel said pointing to the girl in the photo.
 
"It's me…. can I ask you something?" Jinah said as she moved the photo album a bit closer to Daniel as he nodded his head in affirmation. “Do you remember how we were as kids? You know, since we're childhood friends and all…"
 
A huge smile appeared on Daniel's face before he answered the question. They had a long discussion on how they were as kids and what they use to do together. For a couple of hours they've been looking through the other albums and talking about them, all except for one which was hidden under the rest of them. After laughing together about a certain memory Daniel was recalling, Jinah started to hold her head as if she got a headache. Jinah was seeing multiple flashbacks of her childhood and they were just as Daniel described to her and more.
 
"J-Jinah, are you alright?" Daniel worriedly asked as he quickly went to the kitchen to get her a cup of water.
_______________________________________________________________________________
In the car ride back to Seoul from Busan…
You could only hear the radio playing as neither Bora nor Jayden talked during the car ride. Tired from the awkward silence, Bora decided to break the ice because she couldn’t stand sitting there without saying anything. "Um...thank you for getting me to the wedding in time and everything," Bora said.
 
Jayden who still had his eyes focused on the road nodded as he replied, “Oh, um...you're welcome, I was only going to Busan to check on the wedding requested by my mother.”
The young woman nodded her head while thinking how to keep the conversation going. “Ah, I see, you probably had plans after the wedding and because we couldn't leave sooner—

         *Ring* *Ring*
 
Bora was suddenly interrupted when Jayden's phone rang.
“Is it ok if I answer this?" Jayden asked Bora. He quickly glanced down at his phone as they stopped since there was a bit of traffic they got caught in. 
 
“Oh, yeah, go ahead it might be important." With that said, Jayden took out his Bluetooth, put it on his ear, and answered the call.
______________________________________________________________________________
Back with Daniel and Jinah…
When Daniel came back with Jinah's water, he helped her calm down and asked her to describe what she was seeing, thinking that the headaches she's been getting was what triggered some of her lost memories.
"I-I'm seeing my childhood memories of our trip to the beach," Jinah managed to say.  Daniel nodded his head then told her to continue. “We're building a sandcastle I think, then I get up to go somewhere but I trip and get a little cut on my leg.
Daniel told her that she tripped on a sharp seashell while looking for pretty ones for their castle.
 
“Um...now I see you running towards me with the first aid kit and as you treat my cut, it looks like I'm asking you something.”
 
Daniel asked, “Jinah, do you remember what you said to me?”
 
"Uhh...I think something about what you wanted to be when you grow up…"Daniel was in shock when he heard that and he recalled back to that day too. But then he snapped back out of it to realty. "Do you remember what my answer was?" Daniel questioned.
"You said I don't know yet,"  Jinah replied. She still had both her hands holding her head and her eyes were also closed."And I said that you're acting like a doctor treating a patient," Jinah continued to say as she turned her head and opened her eyes to meet Daniel’s. She slowly put down her hands as they continued to look at each other.

      *Ring* *Ring*
 
 
 
 
 
Then they were interupted when Jinah's phone rang. The ringing was coming from inside her purse.
_________________________________________________________________________________
At the Han household…
Mrs. Han was in the living room pacing back and forth with her cell phone in her hands as if waiting for her son to call. Her husband was sitting on the couch watching TV, minding his own business.
"Jayden-ah, Bora-ssi, I hope you two are alright..." Mrs. Han whispered to herself.
“Yeobo, our son will be fine, don't worry. Why don't you go lay down and rest?" Mr. Han suggested as he tried to comfort his wife. Mrs. Han gave her husband a weak smile but refused to rest. So, she went to the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea hoping that it would help calm her down.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Now back to Jayden and Yoon Bora…
When Jayden finished his phone call with his friend Junsu, he started to drive again seeing that there was no more traffic. The two started to talk again as they grew more comfortable with one another. They were getting to know each other a bit more.
“So, how do you like working for my mother?" Jayden asked while looking at the road.
Bora replied, “Mrs. Han is nice and the pay is good. What about your job?”
The young man answered, “My job is okay but I feel like it doesn't really suit me.”
Bora nodded her head in understanding and boldly asked, “So, what kind of job would you want?”
"I guess while attending college, back then, I always wanted to be a photographer," Jayden noted.  
In half an hour or so, they were finally back in Seoul. Then Jayden asked Bora if he had to drive her back to the salon or drop her home.
"I was told that after the wedding, I could go home,” she informed Jayden and gave him her address.
_________________________________________________________________________________
At Jinah's apartment…
"Oh...Dinner tonight?” Jinah asked on the phone. Daniel could clearly hear Mrs. Park's voice on the other line. "And you want Daniel to join us?" Jinah looked at Daniel to see if he was okay with joining them for dinner. Then Daniel unexpectedly took Jinah's phone and told Jinah's mom that he would be happy to join them for dinner. After he gave the phone back to Jinah, she was in shock at what just happened. After the phone call, the two quickly went back to emptying the last box so they could head out to have dinner with Jinah's parents. Minutes later, the boxes were emptied and the apartment looked great.
“Finally, we are done!" Jinah happily said as she took another look around her new home. Then, once again, she thanked Daniel for the help.
"Now, I think I should be rewarded by having dinner with you and your parents," said Daniel. Jinah smiled and agreed. Soon enough, the two headed out of the apartment to Daniel's car and made their way to meet Jinah's parents at a restaurant.