Chapter Thirty- Three

Rememberance
At the cat cafe...

Jinah had already entered the cafe and found a table to wait for Jayden. In the meantime, she ordered a drink and played with the cats. A few minutes later, Jinah's drink was served and Jayden had just entered the cafe.

"Hi," Jayden greeted breathlessly as if he just ran from the hospital to the cafe.
"Um...hi, are you okay? You seem out of breath," Jinah asked looking at him with worry.
Jayden nervously laughed and answered that he was okay.
 
"I hope I didn't make you wait long," Jayden said apologetically. But Jinah smiled and shook her head and replied that she just got here too.
 
Jayden just nodded his head in understanding, then the atmosphere became awkward.
So, Jinah cleared after taking a sip of her smoothie before talking.
 
"Well, I saw the note you wrote on my desk," Jayden informed her as he held up the sticky note.
 
"Yeah, I had to tell you something so that is why I wrote you the note,"Jinah started to say. The young man nodded his head and waited for her to continue. "Um...lately, I've been getting strange texts from unknown numbers," Jinah explained. She then told him up to the part where she solved a recent clue which answer was a scrapbook.
 
"So, do you remember us?" Jayden questioned cautiously, waiting for her answer.

 

"I don't remember much about what happened between us, though I only just remembered seeing you in my dreams and in the scrapbook". 
 
Upon hearing Jinah's answer, Jayden was sad but was grateful that she finally remembered him. All of a sudden, he took her hands in his, making her look at him in the eye.
 
"I want us to start all over and forget about the past," Jayden said in a serious tone.
 
 
Jinah was taken aback by the action and couldn't utter a word.
 
"Jinah, please say something," Jayden pleaded after letting go of her hands.
The speechless Jinah took another sip of her drink in hope of calming her heart down. "I-I need some time to really think about this," Jinah, feeling flustered, told Jayden.

____________________________________________________________

At Mrs. Han's salon...

While everyone was supposed to be cleaning up and closing for the night, the workers were sitting in the chairs chatting and gossiping. All except for Yoon Bora who was quietly sweeping up the hair on the floor.

"Aye...Bora-ssi, come over here and tell us all about the wedding," one of the older women asked as she signaled the young woman to come.
Once she was done sweeping, Bora quickly sat on one of the chairs ready to tell her story. "Well...it was definately a beautiful wedding and the couple looked really happy that day," Bora replied.

 

You can see the disappointed looks on the women's faces.

 

 
"Yes, I'm sure the wedding was wonderful, but we want to know about you and Mrs. Han's son," another ajumma said. 

 

 
Bora felt a little uncomfortable with talking about her personal life, though she was always good at separating work from personal. And so, just as Bora was going to give in to tell the ajummas her encounter with her boss's son, luckily, she was saved when Mrs. Han came out from the back of the salon.

 

 
"Make sure the salon is clean and properly locked before you go home," Mrs. Han reminded them before she got in her husband's car.

 

 
____________________________________________________________

 

 
Going back to Jinah and Jayden...

 

 
The awkwardness was gone due to talking about how they've been and their day. Time flew by real fast as they were having too much fun with the cats as well. Suddenly, Jinah heard a beeping sound coming from her bag. So when she stopped playing with one of the cats and checked, the beeping sound was her phone that was about to die.

 

 
"Jayden-ssi, do you happen to know what time it is?" Jinah asked Jayden. Jayden then looked at the time on his phone, and told Jinah that it was getting close to seven o'clock.

 

 
Jinah was suprised hearing how late it got. She quickly put on her jacket and thanked Jayden for meeting up with her. After leaving the cat cafe, Jinah saw a bus and tried to catch up to it, but she got tired from running and so the bus kept driving on. Jinah tiredly sat on a nearby bench and sadly looked at her dying phone.

 

 
"Aigoo, how do I get home now?" Jinah muttered to herself.

 

 
Suddenly, a hand stuck out to her which made her look up to see who it was.

 

 
"Hey, would you mind if I take you home?" Jayden, being a gentleman, asked with a sweet smile.

 

 
Jinah hestitated for a second, but she eventually accepted his offer.