Chapter Thirty-One

Rememberance
Meanwhile at Jinah's apartment
Everyone was chatting amongst themselves back in the living room after Jinah had given them a tour of her new home. After some good conversation, dinner was ready and they ate the food soon after.
"I'll be back with some fruits," Jinah informed as she got up from the couch to go the kitchen.
Daniel followed her  as well to help. When Jinah entered the kitchen, she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around to see Daniel.
"Need any help cutting the fruits?" Daniel asked kindly like the gentleman he was. Jinah tried to convince him to go back to the living room but once he saw her struggling to cut the watermelon, he chuckled at how cute she looked being frustrated.
"Here let me help you," Daniel said as he stood behind her and guided the knife in her hand with his.
Jinah tried to stay calm but how could she? Especially when her heart was beating so fast at how close Daniel was. When Daniel had let go of  Jinah's hand, since the watermelon was now open, they were then interrupted by Daniel's phone ringing. After Daniel finished with the phone call, he told Jinah that there was an emergency at Hongdae Clinic.

 

"It's fine, you should hurry, they need you," Jinah said in understanding.
Daniel smiled and hugged her goodbye and on the way out, he said goodbye to the ladies in the living room as well.
 
_____________________________________________________________________
At the Han household…

 

Jayden had just returned home from hanging out with his friends. Next, he went to his room, removed his jacket, and put it on the chair. Then he tiredly plopped down on his bed. He closed his eyes for a few minutes before getting up and washing up for bed. After finishing getting ready to go to sleep, Jayden checked his phone again in hope of getting a message from Jinah. But there was none and so he turned off the lights then went to sleep.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
Now checking on Jinah…

 

 
Jinah was now left alone in her apartment since everyone had to go home because it was getting late. Although her mom tried to help with the cleaning, Jinah insisted that she go home and that she will clean since it was her apartment after all.

 

 
Thirty minutes later, Jinah finished  cleaning up. Next, she  sat on the couch to rest for a little bit. But then she remembered what else she had to do when she looked at her phone. So she searched every where for the scrapbook. She checked the bookshelf and it was finally found along with all her old school yearbooks.

 

 
"Wow! I don't remember seeing this," Jinah said talking to herself as she went back to sit on the couch. Then with her phone, she took a photo of herself with the scrapbook and sent it to the unknown number like she did with the other clues.

 

 
Once Jinah was done with the clue, she was going to put back the book in the book shelf but ended up looking through it instead.

 

 
"When did I even make this? And why does that guy look so familiar?" Jinah said while she turned each page. Suddenly, after looking at the photos, multiple flashbacks invaded her mind.

 

 
An hour or two has passed and Jinah began to feel sleepy, so she closed the book and put it on the coffee table. When she laid back down on the couch, she quickly fell asleep.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Meanwhile with Daniel at the hospital…

 

 
"Doctor Lee, you've worked hard," a nurse said with a bow when they had finished transferring the patient to the recovery room.

 

 
"Thank you, you worked really hard as well. I'll take my leave now," Daniel replied, looking at his watch hoping maybe it was not too late to get back to Jinah to help clean her apartment.

 

 
Moments later, when he finally made it to Jinah's apartment, he found the door unlocked and he entered only to see the sleeping Jinah on the couch. At first he wanted to wake her up, because he didn't want her to catch a cold, but instead, he carefully picked her up bridal style so not to wake her up.

 

 
"I know who you are now! It's Jayden, you're Jayden Han," Daniel heard Jinah say as he carried her to  her room.

 

 
When Daniel was able to put Jinah on her bed, he tucked her in. After putting Jinah to bed, Daniel was about to go to his own apartment but he spotted a book on the coffee table. When he sat down on the couch, he picked up the scrapbook and started to look through it. As he turned each page seeing Jinah's smile with another man, his heart was slowly breaking.

 

 
"If only I hadn't moved to the States… then, these pictures would've been us," Daniel whispered to himself. When Daniel had enough of looking at the photos, he closed the book and put it back on the table then quietly left the apartment.