Chapter 2: The Chorus

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Park Shin Hye-shi, can you hear me?” A males voice brought Shin Hye out of her slumber as she slowly opened her eyes. The bright lights overhead blinded her for a moment and a panic went through her. Where was she? What happened to her? Slowly her vision started to clear and she could make out the distinct figures of her doctor. He was looking down at her with a kind smile on his face and her panic went away in an instant. That’s right, she was having her surgery today.

            “Park Shin Hye-shi, you can’t speak at the moment, but that will wear off soon. For now I need you to answer my questions by blinking once for ‘yes’ and twice for ‘no’. Can you do that?” The doctor asked. She blinked once. “Okay, do you feel any pain?” Two blinks. “Do you feel light headed? Dizzy?” Two blinks again. “Is your throat bothering you in anyway?” One blink. “Okay, we’ll give you some pain killers and have you sleep for a while more. Your father is out in the hallway. Would you like to see him?” Two very slow blinks. “Are you sure? He rushed over to see you all the way from America when he heard about the surgery.” Two blinks with tears this time. The doctor sighed, “Okay, I’ll let him know you’re fine and that he can go back home. I’ll just tell him that you can’t have visitors right now.” The doctor wrote something down on his pad and handed it to the nurse, “Two milligrams of this and three of this one should do the trick.” He told her. The nurse nodded and they both left the room.

            Shin Hye stared up at the lights of the room and let her mind wander. A few months ago, her doctor found nodes on her vocal cord and thought it was a matter of concern. He told her that she would have to have surgery and that she should refrain from talking if necessary. So, she spent her time in silence. Considering her hobby, that wasn’t easy. Also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter