Chapter 6: Upbeat

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa.” Siwon said with a little fear in his voice. “What are you doing here?”

            “Don’t….don’t you question me, boy! I’m your father! I pay for this place, so I can come and go as I wish!” The old man hiccupped as he slammed the door shut and collapsed on the couch. All of the excitment that had been present a moment ago, vanished with an inaudible poof. Siwon looked at Donghae, who had gotten off the couch and was glaring at the old man with utter disgust. Siwon sighed and stepped to stand beside Donghae. He put his hand on his friend's shoulder until Donghae looked at him. Siwon forced a reluctant smile and shook his head.

               "Give us a minute. The last thing I need is you two fighting in this cramped space." Siwon said quietly.

                 "That old bastard is the reason we're in this cramped space in the first place. But I get it, I'll go. But if something pops off, I'll come running. I always do." Donghae promised fiercly. It was that part of him that scared Siwon the most. Donghae talked with his fists too much. At one point, it almost cost his best friend his life.

                  "That old bastard is still my dad, and I know you'll come running. I'll be good, dude. Thanks." Siwon assured him. Donghae nodded, gave one last annoyed hate-glare at the deadbeat dad, and went to his room. Siwon relaxed for a moment when the door closed, but tensed again when he caught sight of the way his father was staring at him.

 

           “Appa, do you want some coffee?” Siwon asked keeping a good distance between him and his father’s reach. This man was the only person in the world Siwon feared. There were scars on his body that would give anyone the reason they needed to understand why. His father had always been violent, but he really snapped after Siwon's mother got fed up and left, taking him with her. When she died, Siwon stayed with Donghae's family for while, but his father came for him and forced him to return. Donghae tried to fight his father then and ended up putting the old man in the hospital. It took Donghae's own father to pull the riled up punk off of the guy. That was the first time Siwon had seen Donghae lose his mind like that. He wanted that to be the last time as well.

            “Do I look like I want some ing coffee?! Don't assume you can read me, boy! I see you're still living with that boy. So, what's the deal? Are you ing him, too? Do you take it or does he give it?” he laughed getting shakily to his feet and advancing on his son. Siwon tensed as the smell of booze swirled around him and his father got right in his face, "I always knew you tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter