Chapter 5: Quarter Note

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Donghae and Siwon sat in the living room of their small apartment watching Korean Idol. It had been three weeks since the deadline for the competition and they were on pins and needles. Every time their phones rang, they would answer only to be disappointed that it was just a gig for some clubs. Those used to excite them more than anything. It helped them gain recognition. Now, they were looking forward to something more intense than a few gigs in low rate night clubs.

            “How long does it take for them to listen to a three minute song?!” Donghae groaned turning off the TV.

            “Do you realize how many applicants there might be? They said it would take six to eight weeks for them to get in touch with us. Just be patient.” Siwon said making a beat on his notebook as he stared at the song he had been writing.

            “That’s six to eight weeks too long! Ugh, I need a drink.” Donghae got up and went to the kitchen to grab a Soju. Siwon continued to sit there tapping out the beat to his song, completely engrossed in the words that flowed from the pen to the paper. This was a song he had decided to write without Donghae. Not that he minded if Donghae got involved, he just wanted a song that was completely his own. He had been thinking about it for weeks and finally found time to get it down on paper.

            “What are you writing? Is it a new song?” Donghae asked sitting back down on the couch and taking a sip of his beer.

          

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter