Chapter 11: Crescendo

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye walked into school and yawned. She greeted whoever greeted her first as she made her way to her locker. New term, same bull. She shrugged off her backpack and started shoving her books into her locker as her friends Lee Ha Rea and Kim Min Ah ran up to her and clutched both of her arms.

            “Shin Hye, we were so worried about you.” Ha Rae said pouting.

            “We wanted to come visit, but we were both away with our families on vacation. We tried calling but your phone was turned off.” Min Ah chimed in with a soft glare.

            “I had some annoyances, so I just left it off.” Shin Hye explained. She shrugged the girls off as they set off down the hall to their first class of the day. But they stuck close to her and talked about the things they had done over vacation and what they would do for the showcase the following week.

            “Oh, did you hear? We have some thugs in the school this semester.” Min Ah whispered as they settled down in their English class.

            “What are you talking about?” Shin Hye asked not really caring.

            “She’s talking about the two boys from the other side of the tracks. Apparently they got into some trouble at their old school and were kicked out. They haven’t been in a school house for over a year, so now they are a whole grade year behind.” Ha Rae smirked sitting on top of Shin Hye’s desk and crossing her thin legs.

            “How do you two even know this?” Shin Hye pressed getting bored with the subject already.

            “My mom is on the selection committee with Kim Hyun Joong-shi for the Rising Star Competition and she told me about them. Appa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter