Chapter 12: Tempo

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was called to the office at the end of her music history class and sighed. She entered the office and the director threw a ball at her so fast it caught her completely off guard. "Omo, what the heck was that?!" She exclaimed.

"If you lose focus, something unexpected can catch you off guard." The director was a handsome man with strong facial features that could almost be called Greecian. His sharp eyes saw through all lies and deceptions and his tongue dripped with charm and charisma. "Well, what are you waiting for?" He asked.

"De?" Shin Hye asked.

"Throw it back! Hurry!" He said holding his hands up. Shin Hye scoffed, confused, and picked up the ball. She threw it back and the director let his hands drop and the ball hit a shiny glass vase on his desk. It shattered and Shin Hye put her hands to in shock.

"Omo, wae?" She said.

"Ah, I guess I did something else unexpeted." The director smiled and pressed a button on his phone, "Secretary Kim, could you come clean up this glass in my office? One of my poor students wasn't paying attention and shattered it completely, ah what to do?"

"Understood." Said a brisk female voice. Moments later, a janitor came into the room and started cleaning up the glass. The director watched him work as though he were intrigued by the task. Shin Hye watched the director watch the janitor until her patience began to wear thin.

"Director, if you don't need anything, I'll be returning to class." Shin Hye bowed and turned to leave.

"Ah, wait! Don't forget to find a song for the showcase! That's all I wanted to say! It has to be turned in by the end of th week! Don't forget!" The director said.

Shin Hye paused before turning to bow her head to the unreasonable man at the desk, "I understand. Excuse me." Shin Hye left feeling even more annoyed and to make matters worse, her headache had come back as well. Just perfect.

The final bell finally rang and Shin Hye gratefully left the classroom. She had decided after he meeting with the director to actually put in some effort to practice for the showcase, but her heart really wasn't in it. However, if it kept everyone off her back, she could at least attempt a practice session or two. She sighed, she hated the pedistal everyone put her on. All of her inst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter