Chapter 10: Full Rest

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             It did not take long for the boys to get the money for the exam. Their boss agreed to give them a pay advance and time off to study. Siwon tried to re-teach Donghae basic algebra and English, while Donghae helped Siwon with science and history. Together the boys spent hours with their faces stuffed in books. Their fingers cramped from all the notes and their heads throbbed with all the knowledge they had to relearn in the course of a week. By the time they felt confident that they would do well, the exam day arrived.

              Siwon sat up in bed for a long moment, his head still throbbing from the long night of studying. The red numbers on his clock read half past 9 and they had to make it to the school by 11 to take the exam. He had made sure to give them plenty of time to act in case something stupid happened. With luck, the damn bus came on time and didn't break down halfway there. If so, they would run it no matter how far it was away. Destiny could be a when it came down to the wire.

              When Siwon emerged from his room, Donghae was coming out of the bathroom. Steam flowed out with him as he dried his hair with a towel. Siwon's eyebrow went up, "I'm surprised I didn't have to come pry you out of bed. Not only that, you showered first. Are you sick?"

                 "Very funny, hyung. But even an idiot like me knows when to take something seriously. I want to get in this school and not just because of the competition. I want to get in to prove to my folks and myself that I can. Also, college isn't sounding too bad right now." Donghae said smiling.

                   "I knew it, you are sick." Siwon retorted.

             

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter