Chapter 7: Downbeat

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae and Siwon sat before the judges as they talked in quiet voices about their performance. Their heartbeats were so loud they were surprised the judges couldn’t hear them. They had sung the song they had sent in with acoustics only, so the melody was slower than the upbeat style they had recorded for the competition. Donghae glanced over at Siwon, but Siwon had his eyes closed tight praying silently. Donghae could tell that his friend was nervous, but no matter the decision, they had given their all. But damn it all he wanted this.

            The judges turned back to face them and Kim Hyun Joong, the main decision maker looked at them with a face that gave nothing away. He put his arms on the table and a sudden smile spread over his face as he said, “Your song sounds just as amazing in person as it did on the demo. We are very impressed.”

            Siwon’s eyes had snapped opened. He and Donghae exchanged an excited look before turning their attention back to Kim Hyun Joong. He continued, “We would love to have you for this competition, however…” Siwon and Donghae’s hearts fell, “we only allow students who are enrolled in high school to participate in the next round. Seeing as you two dropped out in your 2nd year, we have no choice but to disqualify you.”

            “What?!” The boys said at the same time looking outraged at Kim Hyun Joong. Two burley bodyguards made a move that suggested they calm down, but their outrage overshadowed their reason.

            “Sir, please!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter