Chapter 1: The First Chord

Of Love and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, this new song is amazing. I think it’s the best one we’ve written.” Lee Donghae said excitedly as he read over the sheet music in front of him.

            “I think it could be better, but compared to the others it is a work of art.” Choi Siwon  agreed reading the music over Donghae’s shoulder. They had been working on that piece for weeks and finally put the finishing touches on it. They had it all planned out. They would record the song in their home studio, send it to the New Sound competition, and make it to the big time. All of their preparation and time went into this one piece of music.

            Donghae picked up the sheet music and held it up to Siwon’s face with a smile, “Hyung, our whole destiny is riding on this. I need you to think positive and send good vibes to the paper.”

            “Good vibes? What are you talking about?” Siwon said snatching the paper away and returning his best friend’s smile.

            “Don’t snatch it away like that! You might tear it!” Donghae protested reaching for the paper as Siwon held it out of his reach.

            “I’m not clumsy, moron. Now, let’s get to the studio and record this before the deadline.” Siwon put his arm around Donghae’s shoulder and they looked at the paper together. They could feel the change in the air and their excitement mounted the more they looked at the words and notes on the page.  Everything they had gone through in their lives have lead them to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter