~Tell Me~

Cynical Paradise

Lay was taking a nap when someone knocked on his door.

He got up right away due to being a light sleeper. 

"Who is it?" Lay asked while rubbing his eyes trying to get rid of the sleepiness.

"It's Suho, I thought you might want something to eat," Suho said. "May I come in?" He asked politely.

"Sure," Lay replied still groggy from the sleep.

Suho walked in with his usual gentle smile.

Lay noticed he was carrying a tray that had a glass of water and a bowl with contents that smelled like heaven.

"Whatcha got there?" Lay asked, filled with curiosity at the heavenly smell.

"Crab stew and some water. Did I disturb your sleep?" Suho asked once he noticed Lay's tired state.

"Not at all. I don't think I should've slept anyway, it's too early in the day," Lay said.

"It's a beautiful day outside," Suho said while looking out the window.

It was Mid Spring time so the flowers in the front were in full bloom and bright colors were everywhere. 

"It sure is," Lay said while looking out the window as well.

After a few moments Suho placed the tray on Lay's nightstand and headed towards the door.

"I'll leave you to it then," Suho said as he shut the door.

"Stay," Lay muttered.

His voice was lost behind the wooden door, never reaching Suho's ears.

He's so peaceful, Suho thought as he walked down the hall.

They always leave, thought Lay as he continued to stare blank out the window, thoughts going astray, the tray of food long forgotten.
~~~ 

"Kyungsoo," Kai said.

"Yeah, is there something wrong?" Kyungsoo asked. 

Kai never calls Kyungsoo by his full name unless there's something wrong or Kai is upset. So Kyungsoo knew if he had any troubles just by his name.

"I've been thinking," Kai said.

"About what?" Kyungsoo asked.

"The missions,"Kai said.

"Kai." Kyungsoo said. "Tell me what's really on your mind." 

"That is what's wrong," Kai said, trying to sound convincing.

"Jongin," Kyungsoo warned with a firm tone. If Kai wasn't going to tell him the problem then this is a waste of his time.

"Fine fine. It really is about the missions though. What if my hip starts to hurt again?" Kai asked. 

He wasn't worried about the danger. They've been on plenty of dangerous missions.

During their first missions, Kai had injured his hip bone. Causing pain to shoot through him if he overdid workouts or runs.

Flashback~

Kai was running across the 5th floor, pushing anything and anybody out of his way so he could reach the man he was tailing.

The man finally stopped at a dead end by a giant window.

"Please! Stop chasing me! I will tell you everything!" The man pleaded.

"You see, last time I let you go, you ran away after telling me lies. Do you really think I'm that gullible?" Kai asked while playing with his gun trying, and succeeding, to scare the man.

"No!" The man yelled when Kai aimed his hand gun at him.

Suddenly the man ran up to Kai and rammed him towards the window causing it to shatter.

"Kai!" Sehun yelled as he arrived, mere seconds after.

Next thing Kai knows is that he was hurtling down 5 levels.

Kai of coarse had shot at the man. Twice, and he knew he didn't miss because he felt the warm blood on his hands.

Kai fell into a garbage bin that was old and smelly, but luckily it broke his fall.

Sadly it injured his waist and gave him several bruises.

Stupid trash can! He screamed in his head.

"Kai! Are you okay?" Kyungsoo ran up to him, a look of worry etched on his face.

End of Flashback~

"I just don't want to be incapable of doing anything," Kai explained.

Kyungsoo was surprised by Kai's words.

When Kai was first injured he never wanted to talk about it. Always changing the subject so he could avoid it.

Suho would give him the medicine needed and every once in a while would change his bandages for the other injuries for the following weeks. 

Kai never whined or made a big deal of it. He was always silent about it.

"I'm surprised you're talking about it two years later," Kyungsoo said, Kai never brings it up to anyone.

When they would go on missions and run far, Kyungsoo would see the pain laced in Kai's eyes. He would always want to help but Kai would continuously that say he's fine.

"Me too," Kai sighed frustratedly. "I can't ignore it forever," he admitted.

"I know for a fact that you take care of yourself, but if you ever need help, tell me. I will always help you," Kyungsoo said reassuringly.

"I know," Kai replied. "That's exactly what I needed to hear, thank you." 

"Welcome," Kyungsoo said.

Thanks for everything Kyunggie.
 

~~~

A/N: I'm sorry it took me a couple of days to update but I couldn't think of what to write about, but I figured it out and I wrote down as much as I could! The next chapter will be a little bit of Taoris in the beginning then you will read about their first mission :))))) Until next time!