~Bitter Surprise 3~

Cynical Paradise

All the new agents set down their luggage by the main entrance and followed Kai to an elevator next to the staircase. 

The elevator was designed to look like a normal wall. Whoever thought of that was a good thinker.

Kai led them all inside the elevator and pressed the sub level 4 button.

"Pretty nice place you got here," Luhan said.

"We actually just started living here today. Otherwise we would just travel around in hotels from town to town to complete assignments," Kai replied.

"Nice to know we aren't the only ones doing that," Luhan said while chuckling.

Kai smiled at him.

The elevator stopped with everyone inside as they reached their destination. 

There was a big room with everything black and modern. Filing cabinets lined up at the walls with a long black table in the middle of the room facing a giant screen.

"Everything is so modern and nice in this house," Luhan whispered to Xiumin.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice," Xiumin replied.

"You've finally arrived," an unfamiliar voice spoke.

"I'm Suho. Team captain of Agents K. Please,take a seat were about to start," Suho spoke in a professional manner.

"Welcome everyone," a loud authoritative voice spoke coming from the black silhouette on the screen "I'm sure your all wondering what this big mission is and why I've called you all here today," It spoke again.

"Yes sir," They answered in unison.

"Well, I've gathered my most intelligent and successful spies to complete a series of missions," The boss spoke out again. "But they were all busy so I had to call all of you," the boss laughed at his own joke.

Everyone smiled slightly. They all knew they were the best. He had told them many times so how could they forget such a high honor?

"Anyways, as I said before I've brought you all here today to complete a series of missions over the next 6 months. These missions are highly dangerous and complex," he said.

"I will send over the first mission tomorrow evening so you have time to get settled in," the boss said. "I'm counting on you," he added. He always said those words after one of his mission talks, they were given a job and they were counted on to fulfill what they had grown up to do.

"Question sir," Suho said

"Go ahead Suho," he answered. 

He could see and hear them from cameras and speakers placed around the room so he knew who was talking. 

"We already have 6 people in each group. Why do we need 6 more?" Suho asked, slightly angry. He thought back to Baekhyuns question, Did the boss think they weren't capable of doing this without others?  They've been on many dangerous top level missions what's wrong now?

"Like I said, lots of people are needed. Big missions call for lots of agents," the man answered.

"Thank you sir.That's all for now," Suho said, shutting off the screen after the boss bid farewell.

"Introductions?" Suho asked pointedly towards the man sitting in front of him on the other side of the table.

"I'm Kris. Leader of Agents M and I am a weapons specialist," The broad shouldered man with black hair spoke. He had an intimidating look that shouted LEADER.

"I'm Xiumin, second in command and a sniper," a male with red hair spoke.

"Hello, I'm Luhan. I'm also a sniper and I'm good with disguises," the man sitting to the right of Xiumin spoke.

Sehun looked him over. He looks too young to be a spy he thought.

"I'm Yixing," another man said "You can call me Lay, I'm a medic and I'm also a technology specialist." He was innocent looking too.

"I'm Tao, I'm good with hand to hand combat and I handle knives and swords," another man said, who was sitting by Lay.

Sehun glared at him thinking he was stuck up looking, just like their leader.

"You people always make me go last," a cat looking man spoke "I'm Chen, I am an architect," he said.

"Maybe they make him go last because he's irrelevant to spy work," Kai whispered to Sehun.

Sehun smirked, why would they need an architect?

"Let me rephrase," Chen said "I know the layout of every building and all underground routes. I can get anyone in and out of any building with not fuss," he said while eyeing Kai.

"Nice to meet you all," Suho said "As I said before, I am the team leader but I am also a medic," Suho smiled at Lay due to them both being medics. 

"I'm Kyungsoo, I'm second in command," Kyungsoo said.

"He's also what we call the 'brains' of the group," Kai said "I'm Kai, I handle all sorts of weaponry," Kai stated proudly

Kyungsoo smiled slightly. Kai was always overly confident.

Sehun looked at the new faces with a stoic expression. "I'm Sehun, I can do everything," he smirked.

We will see about that, Luhan thought while smiling slightly at Sehun.

Kai and Kyungsoo rolled their eyes at Sehun's statement.

"I'm Baekhyun. I handle disguises and I snipe very well," Baekhyun said.

What's with the liner? Chen thought.

"I'm Chanyeol. I handle technology related things," Chanyeol said. He was wearing his glasses and typing things into his laptop.

"I guess that's it for introductions, lets head upstairs to get you all settled," Suho spoke again.

"I smelled food, did you make food?" Chen asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I cooked crab stew," Kyungsoo replied while smiling.

They all stood and left to the elevator.

Except Sehun. 

He remained seated, he thought that it would be too crowded. 

He got up and walked over to the elevator pressing down on the button. It was brought back down with no one inside.

Before he could step into it, the screen flickered back to life to reveal the black silhouette once again.

"Be careful Sehun," the boss said.

"Go away old man." Sehun said while stepping into the elevator and pressing the button that brought him back up. 

Traitor Sehun thought.