Five

Struggles

"We need to talk about that."

Seunghyun sat on his bed, head hung in shame trying to not piss off Jiyong even more.

It's been ages since he's been scolded and legititmately felt bad for it and regretted doing it.

 

"Since you're not answering I'll just start. Do you always do this to them?"

 

His lover stood right in front of him, so close to touch but Seunghyun knew that he'd probably get killed if he'd reach out now.

"Most of the time, yes."

"And why?"

 

Jiyong glanced at the unmoving body a few feet away.
Over the past weeks he had seen a lot of them and felt proud of himself that he didn't freak out anymore.

She was just another woman but something was different.
Mainly the fact that she was half, just like Seunghyun.

A sharp pain shot through Jiyong's heart as he saw the small kissing mark on the olders neck. It was barely visible but to him it looked like a bright red warning sign.

 

"Because it's easier."

Although Jiyong already knew the answer he still asked, "What is easier?"

"Taking them home, seducing them. Jiyong, please..."

 

The younger turned away, a foolish attempt to hide his upcoming tears.

In an instant Seunghyun was behind him, keeping him safe in his arms.

With a cautious voice he pleaded, "Please, listen to me before jumping to conclusions."

A short nod made him continue.

"Those women are nobody to me. Nameless, faceless woman. I need them to control myself. Because I'm afraid..."

 

Jiyong sniffed, wiped his tears and asked in a low voice, "What are you afraid of?"

"Of hurting you", Seunghyun admitted. "I fear losing control one day if I constantly hang out with you."

"What would you do to me then..?"

Seunghyun smiled; the younger was too curious to be angry for longer time.

"Well, it depends. I neither want to bite you and accidentally kill you nor you..."

 

Jiyong shuddered at the thought of finally having with the vampire and he couldn't help himself but ask, "Is that the reason why we didn't do it yet?"

Seunghyun nuzzled his face into Jiyong's hair and breathed in the familar scent.

"We 'didn't do it yet' because I want to wait for you."

 

"That's bull", Jiyong pushed him away angrily. "How often did I initiate it yet? 90% of the time it's me who takes the first step towards you."

With an annoyed sigh the vampire ruffled through his hair before answering, "Okay, the next time I'll sleep with you."

 

Jiyong gaped at him, "You're such an insensitive idiot", and stormed past him.

Before he could open the front door Seunghyun blocked it.

"Where are you going?" He questioned with worry in his dark eyes.

"Away from you", the younger scoffed while slipping on his jacket and shoes. "And I won't return before that ugly thing on your neck has vanished."

 

Seunghyun didn't argue anymore and let him open the door.
Instead of telling him a stupid 'goodbye' he pulled Jiyong into a tight back hug before releasing him.

 

 


 

 

*knock knock*

Oh, hell no, Seunghyun thought as he burried himself deeper into his fluffy bed.

The person at the door was stupidly persistent and Seunghyun swore to kill him or her if their reason for disturbing wasn't important.

A glance at the clock when he got up made his head throb.

4 o'clock.
In the goddamn morning.

He tore the door open, ready to pounce on whoever was outside but froze as he took in the shivering person in front of him.

 

Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun didn't need any explanation before pulling him into a tight embrace and guiding him into the living room, forcing him to sit in front of the fireplace.

He wrapped a fluffy blanket around the younger and rushed into the bath to fill the bathtub.

"Seunghyun...it hurts."

 

Seunghyun almost dropped the bath additive and crushed into the door on his way out.

He dropped to his knees in front of Jiyong and studied his sad features.

Carefully, he picked him up and moved towards the steaming bathroom where he put him down and took a good look at him.

 

He didn't look that much different, to be honest.

That was until he slipped Jiyong's t-shirt off and the dark bruises that covered his upper body became visible.

 

Seunghyun felt anger arising and did his best to control himself.

"Come on, lets get you inside."

While Seunghyun stopped the still running water Jiyong slipped the rest of his clothes off.

Jiyong closed the space between them and hugged his vampire tight.

"Can you...bathe with me?"

Without waiting for a response he started taking Seunghyun's clothes off.

 

 

With Jiyong resting beneath his feet Seunghyun finally let himself relax a bit.

His fingers drew soft patterns across every bruise and sighed.

Although he was glad that the younger was back...the state that he was in was rather concerning.

 

He his stomach and smiled when he heard Jiyong giggle.

"What happened?", he finally asked.

Jiyong rested his head at the broad shoulder behind him and uttered, "I told my parents about you. That you're the reason why my grades dropped a bit and why I'm not coming home..."

"How can you be so calm about that?"

He kept quiet for a second before continuing, "Because they're alright with it now. After the first shock, followed by the beating, we sat down and actually talked about it. And they're fine with it now."

 

Seunghyun sent him a confused look and received a shy answer, "Because, well...when I talked about you...they said that my eyes sparkle."

"What a cute confession", Seunghyun chuckled at the cute way Jiyong blushed.

 

He patted his thigh and ordered, "Come on, let's get out of here before we're all wrinkled."

When Jiyong got up Seunghyun couldn't help but stare. Every time he saw him he was impressed.

Until he met the younger he didn't know that it was possible for somebody so petite and thin to have a defined, perfect body.

 

 

 

"Seunghyun...I need another favour."

The vampire only pulled Jiyong closer and let him proceed.

"I need to write an essay about the life 200 years ago. And honestly, the sources don't seem very reliable. Would you mind..?"

"No, it's fine. Come on, lets raise your grades."

 

 

After only fifteen minutes they had to take a break because Jiyong kept digressing to useless themes about Seunghyun's past.

"This is hard...", Jiyong groaned.

"You're thinking to complicated, babe. Stop pondering about things like economy and policy, focus on the important, interesting things. Food, clothes, work for example."

"Yeah..", He ran a hand through his hair.

Two hours and a slight panic attack later the essay was done and Jiyong hit his head against the dinner table repeatedly while chanting "Finally" over and over again.

 

Seunghyun watched him with interest, speculating if he had ever met such a strange but loveable person before.

He suppressed another yawn and asked while stretching, "Do you have plans for today?"

Still overviewing his essay Jiyong answered, "It's Saturday, so, no. I'll probably do some shopping in the afternoon. What about you?"

"Well, since a certain somebody decided to wake me up in the middle of the night I'll go to sleep. Now."

"Can I come with you?" A suggestive tone was supporting his otherwise sweet voice.

And even though Seunghyun wanted nothing more than to throw Jiyong onto the ground and have his way with him, he still resisted.

Too precious, he thought.

 

"If you want to sleep too, yes. Otherwise, no."

"But...", His lips jutted into a cute pout, "We didn't do anything together since a while."

Frustrated by the youngers ducky act Seunghyun ran a hand through his hair and explained, "That's because you left last time, but who are you to blame."

"As a compensation lets eat out tonight, my share."

"Fine, but..."

Jiyong interrupted him by jumping to his feet and coming closer while squealing in delight, "And in the afternoon we'll go shopping. Oh, and I need to go to the hairdresser to dye my hair. The pink's fading already..."

"Uhm...and what am I supposed to do while you're at the hairdresser?"

With a sly smile on his lips Jiyong faced him and promised, "You won't be bored, believe me."

 

He sealed it with a short kiss and went back to controlling his essay, leaving a bewildered Seunghyun.