One

Struggles

"The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."

 

Six months ago

"Come on, why not?"

The girl pouted, a failed attempt to look cute.

It was starting to piss Jiyong off.

All he wanted to do was to finally meet up with Taeyang again, maybe have a few drinks and drown in reminiscences.

And still, there he stood, shivering from the cold, ditched by his best friend since a decade.

The worst thing was still undoubtedly that girl in front of him, that had the nerve to bother him after he had already declined her not so tempting offer of going home with her.

Five times.

She had already asked five damn times. That was enough.

"Just off, will you? Can't you see that I'm not interested?!"

 

Her kindness disappeared as quick as she had appeared 15 minutes ago.
"!", she yelled at him before slapping him across the cheek rather hard.

With a happy smile on his face he watched her walking away, and that's when he saw him.

 

 

The guy was leaning against a wall a couple of meters away, an amused look was visible on his face.

Jiyong scoffed at him and turned his head.

Suddenly, ice cold fingers were placed at his still red and heated cheek.

The stranger was staring into his eyes, a look that was piercing right through his soul, making him shiver.

"Girls are a bother, aren't they?" His deep voice was the most attractive thing Jiyong has ever heard but still...something about the guy was simply annoying him.

Jiyong shrugged his hand off and asked, "Even if they were, would it matter?"

 

A low chuckle escaped the attractive man before he answered, "It would. You do know, that this is a tolerant country. Being gay is not a sin."

"What...what do you want?", Jiyong scolded himself for stuttering and for, damn, blushing like mad.

"Come home with me."

Instinctively, he took a step away, getting angry at the stranger. "Are you insane? You just watched me dumping some woman and now you're seriously hitting on me?!"

Instead of stepping away, like Jiyong had thought the man would, he only got closer until their noses touched.

 

"Why don't you give me a chance, huh ?"

Jiyong turned his head, giving him perfect access to his neck which he immediatly claimed with soft kisses.

"Don't fight it...I know that you're coming with me."

Sharp teeth scraped against his tender flesh.
Wait, sharp?

Before Jiyong could protest pain shot through his veins and sent him into darkness.

 


 

The soft chirps of birds outside of the window were the cause of his awakening.

When he opened his eyes slowly he was confronted with an unknown room; white walls, black floor and furniture held in those two colours.
The decoration was held in a pleasant shade of green and violet.

Though it looked like a place out of somebody's dream and the bed was more than comfortable, it was still a nightmare to Jiyong.

An aching pain was present as soon as he turned his head.

 

A low groan escaped his lips as he sat up and carefully took a look around.

Pretty, was the only thought that momentarily existed in his fogged mind.

He flung his feet over the edge of the huge bed and even before they touched the ground the door flung open.

 

The man from last night entered, looking smug like yesterday.

"I wouldn't stand up if I were you."

That deep voice.

Dirty thoughts invaded Jiyong's mind but he simply shook them off.

He proceeded to get up but his knees immediatly gave in.

Suddenly the man was next to him, holding him upright and preventing him from hitting the floor.

 

"See, I told you." A grin was plastered on his handsome face. "Why don't you sit down again?"

Jiyong pushed him away, sitting back down and asked, "What the hell did you do to me last night?"

 

"Nothing much, did my usual thing but you are weaker than I had imagined."

"And what is 'your thing'?!"

Again, that stupid smile.

This time he got closer until their foreheads almost touched, pushed him down and straddled him.

"It's easier if I show you.."

He his lips and opened his mouth slightly to reveal his long, sharp fangs.

No, wait.

There's something wrong, this can't be real.

 

"Vampires aren't real." His voice was almost a whisper.

"Oh, yes, they are, darling."

Jiyong shuddered at the unfamiliar nickname and felt himself get aroused.

Damn, why was this man attracting him?

 

"What will you do to me?"

"Have a guess." The stranger started planting kisses along his collarbones and neck.

"I don't know. Tell me."

"I'll kill you", he stated bluntly.

Well, curiosity killed the cat.

 


 

He didn't know what's wrong with him or moreover what's wrong with that guy.

But something about him is truly odd.

Only ten minutes ago he told him, that he'll kill him sooner or later and now he's sitting on his couch in pure peace while sipping on some coffee.

And he's not even afraid.

 

"Hey, strange guy?"

Truth be told, he's rather cocky.

"What?"

"What's your name, anyway?"

"Seunghyun, yours?"

"Jiyong."

 

Seunghyun continued preparing the pancakes. A thing, that he hadn't done in centuries.

He sighed, hoping that that guy would finally keep quiet but he was wrong.

 

"Tell me something about you."

God, damn.

"Why?"

"If you're going to kill me a little bit of information wouldn't hurt. I mean the getting-to-know-eachother kind of thing, you know?"

"I don't think that's important." He shot Jiyong a cold look over his shoulder but softened it when he saw the hurt look on the others face.
"Just ask already."

The younger one beamed at him and began, "Let's start simple...how old are you?"

"27", came the immediate response.

"Really?!"

"No."

"Then why would you say so?" His lips formed into a pout and his eyes matched those of little puppies.

"Because it's easier. But if you insist to know, I'm celebrating my 300th birthday next month. You happy with that?"

 

Seunghyun finished making pancakes and spotted Jiyong sitting close behind him, grinning like a fool.

"Yes, I am."

Idiot. But he looked so kissable at the moment.

"Come eat breakfast."

 

 

"Don't you eat?"
It took Seunghyun four times until he finally understood what Jiyong meant because he was speaking while shoving food into his mouth.

"I don't need to."

After the next muffled muttered question, he lost patience and motioned him to finish it before asking again.