Two

Struggles

"So, tell me..." Seunghyun spotted Jiyong's figure draped across the living room floor as he entered, "How does this vampire thing work?"

He didn't even question the youngers strange act of lying on the floor, that kid was strange through and through and who was he to judge.

 

"Anything you want to know specifically?" He asked as he sat down next to Jiyong's head, back resting against the couch.

"Tell me the most important things. Like, how do you turn into one, how to survive, enemies and so on."

 

"Vampires who are older than 800 can turn anybody, because they are strong enough. Those below that age can only turn one person, their destined partner. But, everything has exceptions, some vampires are stronger before they reach 800. They are the most dangerous ones, they often get together with others and form a group. Once every while they try to rebell but usually they're too ignorant to win.

We survive by drinking blood, but that's not necessary anymore. There are medications now."

 

Jiyong sat up next to Seunghyun. "Then...why did you bite me?"

"Because it's my instinct. There's no need to suppress it as long as there's enough prey."

"What about enemies..?"

"It depends on your social position. Where you come from, who your parents are."

"So...do you have them?"

Seunghyun ruffled his hair, sighed deeply and nodded, "Yes, I do have them."

 

 


 

 

After their talk both of them stayed unmoved, both lost in their own world.

Until Jiyong nudged him softly and asked in a hushed whisper, "When will you kill me?"

His voice was filled with insecurity but Seunghyun simply shrugged.

His minde was far gone, taken away by the reminder of his soulmate.

How beautiful she was, how pure and how easy she broke.

 

He wasn't in the mood anymore, wanted to be alone and gone.

Get a hold of yourself, Seunghyun.

 

"Just leave."

He could feel Jiyong staring at him, but he still didn't move an inch.
And it was annoying the older.

"Why won't you leave?!", he yelled.

When he faced Jiyong all his anger vanished instantly. The younger was looking at him with tear-filled eyes and looked like a rejected pup.

A thought shot through his head and he asked, "You have nowhere to go to, right?"

 

A strong arm wrapped itself around Jiyong's shoulder and pulled him close. He pressed his nose in the others t-shirt and mumbled, "It's okay, I'll leave."

"But..."

With a sudden determination he jumped to his feet and started leaving.
He only stopped when Seunghyun's voice reached out for him, "Come back whenever you want to."

Without another word Jiyong slammed the door shut.

 

That was it, Seunghyun thought as he got up aswell.

I'll never see him again and we'll both be happy.

 


 

"Why do you always need to enter through the window? I have a door, you know?"

Seunghyun watched as the boy landed on the floor with a heavy thud, dirtying it.

 

The younger came walking over, kissed him shortly as a reparation, slipped his sneakers off and sat down next to him.

Seunghyun sighed, a sign of him giving up, and let himself be used as a pillow.

As he started the others soft, blonde hair he remembered the first time they got into this kind of situation.

 

It happened two weeks after their first encounter.

Five minutes earlier Seunghyun had come home with a woman. His goal was to have , drink blood and then get rid of her.

Just as he was undressing her he heard a few tentative knocks at the front door. He opted to ignore them, but only until a soft voice, which he recognized immediately, reached out to him.

"Seunghyun?"

He stopped opening the womans blouse and took a look at her when she groaned in annoyance, causing him to question his taste in woman.

With a quick motion he threw her over his shoulder, carried her into the shower and kissed her one last time before snapping her neck.

 

He hurried outside and ripped the door open.

There stood a shivering, wet Jiyong.

Seunghyun lifted him up and carried him into the bedroom before placing him on the bed.

"Wait here." He rushed into the kitchen, turning the kettle on and afterwards fetched a towel from the bathroom.
He tried to ignore the delicious smell that filled his nostrils but couldn't help it when his eyes turned a bright red.

Quickly he returned to the waiting Jiyong, stripped him out of his clothes and wrapped the towel around him.

 

"Can I take a shower?" Jiyong asked in a careful voice.

"No", was all he got in return.

"...There's a woman in there, right? If you tried to hide her...you forgot her shoes."

"Listen, how about you wait here for a second and I'll get rid of her?"

"No, it's alright, I'll leave again."

Seunghyun pushed him down and captured his hands above Jiyong's head, "Don't you dare. She's of no use anymore."

"Wh- What do you mean?"

He got a grin instead of an answer and his eyes widened in realization.

Oh.

"Give me five minuts. Wait in the kitchen, prepare tea in the meantime. Black tea for me."

A short kiss was placed on Jiyong's secretly awating lips and in a flash the vampire was gone.
He could hear some rumbling in the bathroom until the kettle drowned the sound.

Jiyong rushed into the kitchen, hoping to catch a glimpse of the woman, even if she was dead already. He really wanted to know what kind of woman Seunghyun liked.

 

Patiently, Jiyong was waiting in the living room.

He scouted around while gingerly sipping on his fruit tea until he heard Seunghyun returning.

"Don't look", the other called out to prevent Jiyong from turning his head.

Seconds later he sat down next to him and started drinking his own tea.

 

The older broke the silence by asking, "Why did you come?"

Jiyong started fumbling with his fingers and confessed, "I need a favour from you."

Seunghyun shot him a curious look and urged him to continue.

"Can I sleep here when I want?"

"You mean, if you get kicked out again?"

Tears filled Jiyong's eyes and the vampire started feeling guilty.

"Hey, don't cry. I just wanted to ask because, well, you never told me why you'd come. I mean, after all, I'm a monster, somebody that you shouldn't hang out with."

"You're not a monster..."

 

"That's very sweet of you to say but...I am."

Jiyong set their cups down and snuggled against Seunghyun's chest. A smile formed on his lips when he felt the other response by wrapping his strong arms around him.

He clung onto him, as if trying to signal him, that he's not afraid, that he doesn't believe the whole being a monster thing.

 

"There's trouble within my family."

Seunghyun only hummed, telling him that he's listening.

"They wanted to get divorced, it's been pretty ugly coming home every day while they yell at each other. My mother ended up in hospital because of my father and since then it's been getting better. But sometimes...they fall back into old habits. That's when I leave."

 

 

And that's how their strange 'relationship' started.

Whenever Jiyong came they took it a step further.

It begun with a short kiss at his arrival and departure which gradually got longer and more intense.

Next came the soft, lingering touches whenever they were close to each other.

The younger stayed almost every night at Seunghyun's place, and the older never questioned it.

Frankly speaking, he was actually very glad to have somebody to come home to.
He felt like living again, like having a reason to go back instead of spending the night somewhere else.

 

Jiyong in return got more open.
He talked more, about this and that and sometimes about his family.
When he spoke about them he always slipped into a depression and it turned into Seunghyun's duty to pull him out from it.
Usually started with cuddling, leading to making out and either ing or s.

Everything was going well until Jiyong stopped dropping by.