New Beginning

Fast y Furious

 

Chapter ten: New Beginning

 

    “Damn it Myungsoo, what is going on with you? This is like the ninth time you messed up this week. If you keep doing this, we will end up losing all our clients. Are you even listening to me?” Myungsoo looked away from his blank telephone screen and turned his attention to his assistant. “Huh? What did you say?” Jonghyun just shook his head in disbelief and walked out of the office. Myungsoo turned his attention back to his blank screen and sighed. His ring tone began to replace the room’s silence and he quickly answered it.

 

“Hey man, the debt was payed off and I made it look like an anonymous tip. Miss Gyuri and her grandmother will be able to rest in peace now.” Myungsoo sighed in relief and thanked his friend once again before hanging up. He reached over to a photo sitting on his desk and smile softly. “Gyuri, I hope you do well without me. Being with me will only cause you heartbreak.”

 

“Who says so?” Myungsoo looked up from his photo to see Gyuri standing by the door. Was he really that out of it? He placed the photo down and tried to stay composed as he glanced over at his former girlfriend. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Do not change the subject Choi Myungsoo. Who says being with you will only cause me heartbreak?”

 

“You must have misheard, for I do not recall saying such words,” Myungsoo lied and Gyuri looked at him in pain. Their relationship had always been a honest one, and it hurt her so much as he lied straight to her face. She began to wonder when their relationship had started to weaken. What had she done to make him lie to her like this?

 

“I thought I was in the wrong and that it was up to me to fix our mending relationship. I thought I was to blame for our parting. I foolishly assumed you left me because you thought I lied, but in reality you have always been the liar. Since when have you begun to lie so easily? Have you been waiting to leave me from the moment I brought up marriage? I cannot believe I wanted to spend my life with such an undeserving man. May you be blessed with good health. This is the last wish I can seek for the man I loved dearly.”

 

“May you be blessed as well,” Myungsoo found the courage to speak up before watching in silence as Gyuri walked out of not only his office, but his life as well.

 

 


 

 

    Jongin began to wonder if he was going crazy because it is definitely not sane to think about the same person every minute or so. However, his mind was constantly full of Sehun, regardless of what he was doing. Yeah, he found the other attractive and was slightly interested in taking their relationship to the next step, but for the first time he was afraid. He was afraid and yet at the same time, he felt courageous enough to start something with Sehun. Never before had he been so motivated to change his normal lifestyle.   

 

“J... Jongin, what is all this?” Luhan inquired curiously. He had returned from shopping to find their entire house decorated. Jongin finished decorating the living room and walked up to Luhan grabbing the bags from his hand. Luhan followed his brother into the kitchen, still very confused. He had never seen his brother do anything like this and he wondered if it was related to Sehun.

 

“I am going to truthfully explain everything to Sehun,” Jongin declared and Luhan looked completely startled. Yes, he had his suspicions but he assumed it would have taken much more time for Jongin to make a move. He had to admit that he really was quite impressed with his brother. However, he got to see his brother’s happiness once again, and therefore he forgot everything else and began decorating the house. The two finished setting up and Luhan wished Jongin luck before heading out with Sulli.

 

    Three hours. Three hours had gone by and Jongin continued to pass time as best as possible. He even messaged and called Sehun, yet the other made no attempt at reciprocating his actions. He stood up and decided to go out and look for the other instead of sitting around in the house. He planned to bring Sehun home and confess no matter what, yet the second he opened the door and found Sehun in a heartbreaking state, everything was erased from his mind. He reached out to embrace the frightened younger male, who in response held onto him tighter. Sehun continued to shake in his embrace and Jongin held him tighter before seating him on the sofa.

 

“I will not pressure you, so tell me when you are ready,” Jongin reassured handing the younger a glass of water. Sehun nodded as he drank before realizing the entire room was decorated. He turned to Jongin in awe and questioned what happened.

 

“Oh, um... it was Luhan’s birthday,” Jongin lied and Sehun sighed “what a shame that I missed it.”

 

“Yeah, what a shame indeed,” Jongin sighed, stealing a glance at Sehun.

 


 

 

    Donghae tried his best to focus on his work, but he could not help but think about Siwon. He had tried hard to keep up his facade, but he failed every time Siwon appeared in front of him. Ever since their encounter at home, Siwon would always appear at his work and house with unexpected surprises. His colleagues would never complain, but on the other hand his brothers were skeptical. And it was understandable because they were the ones who healed him from his heartbreak. He sighed once again as he arrived home and found a gift on the porch.

 

“Hyung, how long is this going to go on?” Donghae snapped out of his thoughts and turned to see his brothers approaching the door.

 

“We were gonna let you handle this, but please, either reject him or accept him. He is even sending us gifts and it makes us uncomfortable because you know how we feel about him.”

 

“I understand. I will talk to him soon.”

 

“Speak of the devil,” Minhyun whispered and all three brothers turned to see Siwon walking up to them. “Morning, have you had dinner yet?” He asked waving the two bags in his hand. Minhyun and Jae scoffed before heading inside causing Siwon’s smile to falter. His ex lover turned to him in curiosity and Donghae sighed taking Siwon to the park at the end of their street.

 

“Siwon, why... why do you keep doing this to me? I cannot.. I, I love you so much. I care for you so much, but I just cannot handle another heartbreak. Even after everything, I know your intentions are good, but even after all this time, I still hurt at the thought of being used.”

 

“Donghae, I... I know I hurt you love and even if I treat you well for the rest of your life, it will never repent my sins. I know all this and yet I continue to chase after you shamelessly because I need you. Even if you hate me for the rest of our lives, I will still be content with having you by my side. “ Donghae began to tremble in heartache and tears continuously fell with every word Siwon spoke. Siwon got off his swing and grabbed Donghae’s trembling hands as he knelt down in front of his love. “Please love, I am begging you. I will continue to love you for the rest of my life. My priority is you, my job will be to take care of you every beck and call, so please give me one more chance. I cannot go on anymore after having met you once again.” Donghae shook tremendously once again and it broke Siwon’s heart seeing his love in such pain. He reached over and held Donghae tightly, who in response embraced him back, and broke down in sobs.

 

“Okay. I will come back to you,” Donghae spoke up and though it was what Siwon wanted, he could not help but feel sick hearing it. Yet, he found himself  thankful Donghae agreed to give him one more chance. That was all he needed to start his life over again. One chance. And that once chance at happiness was none other than Donghae.

 


 

 

“Hey, can I speak to you, I mean, only if you are not busy.” Jongin looked up from his laptop to see Sehun standing by his door, fidgeting with his hands. He shook his head and smiled warmly, inviting the other further in. He placed his laptop aside and scooted closer to Sehun, who sat at the edge of the bed. He waited patiently because he never wanted the other to feel rushed in any way.

 

“About the other day, I... I was... I apologize. I met someone from my past and all the scars of my past came rushing in, so I was a mess.”

 

“It is okay. You do not have to apologize because you did absolutely nothing wrong Sehun.”

 

“I know. I just feel bad about missing Luhan’s birthday. That is why I got him a gift.”

 

“A gift!?” Jongin asked a little too quick and Sehun looked at him confused.

 

“Of course, he missed my birthday. I would have never forgiven him if he had not gotten me a gift,” Luhan joked walking into the room. Sehun chuckled, as well, but Luhan only shook his head in disappointment upon the sight of Jongin’s wandering gaze. Jongin sighed at the look on his brother, but he could not help the weakness he felt around Sehun. He wished he could just continue to live as he had before, but he knows it will only ache him to live without Sehun.

 

“Once again, I apologize for missing your birthday hyung.”

 

“Oppa, you did not miss anything. Luhan oppa’s birthday is next month,” Sulli spoke up walking into Jongin’s room. Being the only innocent one in the room, she continued to drink her juice, missing the very obvious tension. She finally looked up at the three men, curiously, when a rather long period of silence passed. Luhan gave Jongin a stern look and an apologetic one to Sehun before walking out of the room with Sulli. Jongin sat quietly, biting his lip, in a nervous gesture while Sehun waited for the other to explain.

 

“Why did you lie to me? Did I do something wrong?” Sehun asked, not able to hold himself back anymore.

 

“No, no. No.”

 

“Then why?” Silence. “Jongin, why?” More silence. “Jongin, please,” Sehun pleaded, followed by more silence.

 

“Fine. Do not tell me. Momentarily, I seem to have forgotten my lack of importance to you. My apologies,” Sehun spoke, disheartenedly, as he made a move for the door.

 

“I have feelings for you!”

 

 


 

 

    Daehyun groaned at the bright light, illuminating on his facial features, and the sound of his alarm piercing through the silent room. However, his grumpiness vanished the second he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around him. He turned around and smiled at the sight of Youngjae in peaceful slumber. He attempted to scoot closer when he felt a firm grip push him away. He began pouting like a child at his lover, who shook his head and sat up.

 

“Youngjae, why are you getting up already? We do not have work today. “

 

“Does not having work imply that we stay in bed all day?”

 

“If necessary.”

 

“Get up.” Daehyun groaned and Youngjae shook his head before reaching for his phone.

 

“One day I will show you how great it is to be lazy and stay in bed for as long as possible.”

Daehyun got up and was about to head into the bathroom when his phone began to ring. Youngjae read the message on his phone and turned to Daehyun anxiously, just as Daehyun turned to him in worry. Both of them hurried to get ready and grab their things. They both had  the same thing on their mind, yet refused to speak about it. Youngjae opened the door and both men stared at the unexpected sight before them in confusion.