Complications

Fast y Furious

Chapter eight: Complications

 

    Daehyun and Seungri quickly rushed to the OR wondering why one of them had been called. They halted at the waiting room and both began to feel worried as they saw their family. “What happened?”

 

“Father had a heart attack,” Dara spoke up and the the two brothers glanced at each other before turning to their mother who was a sobbing mess.

 

“Mother I know you want us to operate, but you have to know it is not appropriate. You cannot choose who performs like that. Do you understand?” Their mother sniffled and looked up at the two before nodding as she tried to calm herself. The two brothers glanced at each other and sighed. Dara and Sunny who were seated down tried to calm her down.

 

“Take Mr. Choi into the OR. We will begin surgery promptly,” Seungri ordered and the two nurses besides him nodded and headed off. Seungri headed off to get prepped for surgery.

 

“Dr. Choi,” someone called and Daehyun turned to see Youngjae rushing up to him. “What’s wrong?” Youngjae glanced at Daehyun’s family before walking closer. “Sir. Your brother has been in an accident,” he whispered softly leaning up towards the elder’s ear. Daehyun glanced back at his mother and sighed. “Alright, I am gonna go check him out. Keep this from my mother at all costs, understand?” Youngjae nodded and Daehyun rushed off to the ER praying for both his father and brother.

 


 

 

    Sehun once again found himself staring at his reflection through the glass mirror. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. Was he starting to regret his decision? He was suddenly not feeling well and he just, well he did not know what he was thinking. “It is too late now,” he told himself before walking out of the room. He headed out to the living room to see Luhan sitting by himself.

 

“Well I am off,” he said and wondered why Luhan had such an indifferent expression on.

 

“Yeah sure. Have fun,” the other said quietly and Sehun nodded. Sehun walked over to the door and opened it, only to bump right into Kai. Sehun stepped back startled and tried to look indifferent as he glanced up at the elder. “I am sorry. I did not see you,” he bowed before stepping to the side. Sehun took a step forward and stood frozen as Kai spoke up. Sehun felt a loss of breath and was not sure how to react. Kai moved himself and stood in front of Sehun lifting the younger’s face. “If I ask you to stay, will you?” Kai repeated refusing to look anywhere but at Sehun. “If I ask you to not go, will you?”

 

“I... “ Sehun was breathless.

 

“I, God I. I know I hurt you multiple times and I really am sorry. I know very well how awful I can get, but I want to express my feelings for you openly. I like you Sehun.”

 

“I like you too,” Sehun spoke finally as he experienced multiple emotions. He was shocked and yet happy of all. “I like you too,” he repeated, “but I promised him I would go. I am sorry. My life was full of deceit and broken promises. I cannot break any promise when they have shattered me multiple times. I am sorry,” Sehun spoke up walking out of the house. As soon as he closed the door behind him, Sehun slid down the door and finally allowed his facade to fall. He released all the strength left he was holding onto and cried as he sat down. All he could think was that ‘this was a mistake.’

 


 

    “Doctor Choi, how is your brother?” Youngjae asked after Daehyun had come out of surgery and asked him to meet. The two stood on the rooftop, overlooking the parking lot and streets beyond.

 

“Good thankfully. He was scratched up quite a bit, but I managed to take care of it. It seems that he was attacked. He had multiple wounds and he has a few damaged bones, but it will all heal with rest. The problem is I have to keep him here without anyone knowing and explaining to my family.”

 

“As of right now your family is only thinking of your brother. I know that it seems bad, but trust me it is better that they do that for now. And when you are not available I will look after him,” Youngjae reassured and Daehyun looked up in surprise. “Thank you. I do not know what I would do without you,” Daehyun spoke and without thinking hugged Youngjae tightly, pulling the other closer to his chest. Youngjae allowed himself to hug the other because for the longest time he missed being in the other’s embrace.

 

 


 

 

“You cannot keep doing this. It has been so long already. Why can you not make a decision?” Myungsoo looked up from his work and over at his girlfriend in disbelief.

 

“Are you seriously asking me this right now? My father is in the hospital and you want me to reveal that we are getting married? Do you hear yourself?”

 

“Myungsoo I know it is bad,” Gyuri sighed, “but I need this wedding to happen soon. My grandmother is at the brink of death and she wants to see me get married.” Myungsoo stood up and walked over to Gyuri. He pulled her closer and embraced her gently in a mean to soothe her. His heart broke at the sight of her in pain. He rubbed her back softly and smiled reassuringly.

 

“Love, my father will be alright and your grandmother will continue to live as God wills. We must not let our fear and desire rush what will be our eternity. I love you, you know that right?” Myungsoo could feel Gyuri nodding against his chest softly. “Nothing more to be said then.”

 

 


 

 

“Excuse me. I am looking for a Choi Minho.” Youngjae looked up from his file and glanced over to see a frantic women talking to one of the other nurses.

 

“Let me look that name up,” the nurse began but Youngjae beat her to it as he stood up. “That will not be necessary. I can take her there,” he spoke up and the women rushed over, following him nervously.

 

“May I ask for your name?” He questioned as they stood in front of Minho’s room. The lady gave him her name and Youngjae asked her to wait before entering the room. His gaze lingered on Daehyun, who stood by the bedside, checking his brother’s vitals.

 

“Mr. Choi,” he cleared his throat, “there is a miss Wheein here to see your brother.”

 

“Hmm. Let her in. She’s Minho’s girlfriend.” Youngjae nodded and opened the door letting Wheein inside. She rushed to the bedside and began to panic at the sight of her lover.

 

“He will be fine, right?” She asked nervously as she glanced at the both of them.

“He will be just fine, do not worry at all. He was just scratched up. He is sleeping currently,” Youngjae reassured and she sighed in relief.

 

“We will leave you with him, but you must know that no one else knows and we would like to keep it that way.” She nodded and the two left the room leaving Wheein alone to sit by Minho’s bedside. “You silly fool. How could you get in a fight? You are not a little boy anymore.” Wheein wiped her tears and smiled softly. “I will forgive you love when you wake up and make it up to me.”

 

“I can make it up to you right now, if you’d like.” Wheein looked up to see Minho staring up at her. Wheein tried her to best to be upset, but failed and hugged her lover in joy. “You stupid fool. I am gonna make you work hard for my forgiveness.”

 

“This knight shall work hard to earn his princess’s forgiveness,” Minho determined placing a hand over his chest.

 


 

 

    Sehun could not reprimand himself from thinking of Jongin even when he was out on his date. JiHo, as he learned, seemed actually interested and Sehun was not sure how he felt at the moment. He cannot help but know he has strong feelings for Jongin, but is not so sure how those will play out. After the incident that just occurred, he is not sure what Jongin will do. The other was very hard to read, and changed moods easily. Sehun was not sure if he could handle being with someone like that. After living the way he had, he just wanted to find someone that genuinely liked him with good intentions. And currently, JiHo was a much better option because the other did not change moods frequently and was genuinely upfront with him. That is the type of person Sehun wanted to meet and live happily ever after with.

 

“I am guessing you did not have a good time huh?” Sehun had not even realized they had reached the border line.

 

“No, that is not true. I had a great time,”Sehun spoke up, unintentionally taking a step backwards.

 

“Does that mean I get to take you out again?” JiHo asked slightly hopeful. Sehun smiled and shook his head. “I will have to take it into consideration.”

 

“I will take that offer up,” he chuckled before smiling. “Well I’ll see you around. Good night,” JiHo said heading off into the opposite direction. Sehun stared intently at the border line and heaved a sigh before crossing it. He neared the house and could not wait to lay down. He regretted that decision for the sight he beheld was one of a painful past.

“Hey... What are you doing here? How did you know about this place?”


“Did you really think you could hide forever? Oh Sehun, you really are naive.” There it was again. The smirk. The smirk that never failed its job of haunting Sehun consistently. That smirk that he had fought so long and hard to forget. Why has it come back now?